• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Akio said:
At that point most of dorne would hide in the mountains where no one could reach them not even by dragon and hire a couple faceless men of bravos
You... I like you xD
Meh, honestly I think that'll be a stretch to say that they couldn't be reached in the mountains. If Aegon's wife could just fly up the Vale and land like a boss in their courtyard, I'll probably say the Dornish would be ashes just like anyone else. Also, I'll say the Martells will probably have to sell half of Dorne in order to get a faceless man to go after Corbis, given who they are and who Corbis would be at that time.

Hypnos said:
Nymeria was literally called the warrior queen, I may be mistaken here but I am fairly certain she did not send any of her men to help the Rhoynar army (If you can find the passage that says she did though it would be appreciated) and even if she had, if she knew that it was lost from the start she just sent them to their deaths, I hold by the point that she had ten thousand ships just sitting around, that's more than the entire fleet of Westeros (She just burnt them as well, which was a dick move) and she didn't try and use them to help her people.
My information is pulled right from from both the wiki and the song of ice and fire book history book published and written by the author which i own

Though Nymeria is remembered as a "warrior queen", this is somewhat of a generalization. Nymeria was not herself a warrior who engaged in personal combat, but a skilled general and commander (similar to how by the War of the Five Kings, Tywin Lannister was no longer a "warrior", but still one of the keenest military strategists in Westeros). That being said, many of the Rhoynar refugees in Nymeria's army were warrior-women.[3]

However, the Valyrian Freehold's expansion from the east threatened to overtake the Rhoynar seven hundred years before Aegon's Landing. For some two and a half century, the Rhoynish Wars were fought between the Valyrians and the Rhoynar. In the last of the Rhoynish Wars, Prince Garin led two hundred and fifty thousand Rhoynar to their deaths in battle against the Valyrians. The warrior-queen Nymeria led the surviving Rhoynar in fleeing Essos in ten thousand ships, guiding them to finally land in Dorne in southern Westeros.[3][4] Nymeria married a Dornish lord, Mors Martell of Sunspear, and helped him consolidate Dorne under his rule through Nymeria's War. The Rhoynar have lived and intermingled with the Dornish since that time.[5]

Last edited by a moderator:
WanderingJester said:
Meh, honestly I think that'll be a stretch to say that they couldn't be reached in the mountains. If Aegon's wife could just fly up the Vale and land like a boss in their courtyard, I'll probably say the Dornish would be ashes just like anyone else. Also, I'll say the Martells will probably have to sell half of Dorne in order to get a faceless man to go after Corbis, given who they are and who Corbis would be at that time.
Also losing half your kingdom is better then dying

Akio said:
My information is pulled right from from both the wiki and the song of ice and fire book history book published and written by the author which i own
Though Nymeria is remembered as a "warrior queen", this is somewhat of a generalization. Nymeria was not herself a warrior who engaged in personal combat, but a skilled general and commander (similar to how by the War of the Five Kings, Tywin Lannister was no longer a "warrior", but still one of the keenest military strategists in Westeros). That being said, many of the Rhoynar refugees in Nymeria's army were warrior-women.[3]

However, the Valyrian Freehold's expansion from the east threatened to overtake the Rhoynar seven hundred years before Aegon's Landing. For some two and a half century, the Rhoynish Wars were fought between the Valyrians and the Rhoynar. In the last of the Rhoynish Wars, Prince Garin led two hundred and fifty thousand Rhoynar to their deaths in battle against the Valyrians. The warrior-queen Nymeria led the surviving Rhoynar in fleeing Essos in ten thousand ships, guiding them to finally land in Dorne in southern Westeros.[3][4] Nymeria married a Dornish lord, Mors Martell of Sunspear, and helped him consolidate Dorne under his rule through Nymeria's War. The Rhoynar have lived and intermingled with the Dornish since that time.[5]
I stand corrected, I guess you're right about the Rhoynar thing, I really need to retread this stuff before I make an ass out of myself arguing about these things heh.

Still hate the Dornish though, you can't take that away from me.

Hypnos said:
I stand corrected, I guess you're right about the Rhoynar thing, I really need to retread this stuff before I make an ass out of myself arguing about these things heh.
Still hate the Dornish though, you can't take that away from me.
Hey hating the dornish is your opinion but if you bring me incorrect information im sorry but i have to crush your delusions xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Akio said:
Also losing half your kingdom is better then dying
True, but it's not like the Faceless Men are the same as pizza deliveries huh? Can't exactly ring them up whenever you want and have them kill a monarch for half your kingdom instantly xD

WanderingJester said:
True, but it's not like the Faceless Men are the same as pizza deliveries huh? Can't exactly ring them up whenever you want and have them kill a monarch for half your kingdom instantly xD
No, but the martells have someone in essos right now whos been to brovos xD

Akio said:
No, but the martells have someone in essos right now whos been to brovos xD
He'll also need to get news of what's going down back home, then arrange proper transfer of half a kingdom after traveling to Braavos, then if (and that's a big if) the Faceless Men accepts the contract, the assassination itself would take time. At that point Dorne (along with other kingdoms) could be ashes in this weird hypothetical.

I supposed we'll just have to do our best to not let a dragon fall into the hands of a madman *cough* Conn *cough*

WanderingJester said:
He'll also need to get news of what's going down back home, then arrange proper transfer of half a kingdom after traveling to Braavos, then if (and that's a big if) the Faceless Men accepts the contract, the assassination itself would take time. At that point Dorne (along with other kingdoms) could be ashes in this weird hypothetical.
I supposed we'll just have to do our best to not let a dragon fall into the hands of a madman *cough* Conn *cough*
That is the better option but dorne can survive, also someone could get a lucky shot again and bring down the dragon

Really Corbis could just let the little Dornishmen live in their mountains, use his dragon to burn down all the castles and farmlands, fill in their wells and pollute their rivers, that way if they leave they wouldn't pose a threat anymore.

Akio said:
That is the better option but dorne can survive, also someone could get a lucky shot again and bring down the dragon
Oh I agree, it's not like its an automatic death sentence if that happens. However I would say the Dorne have the same chances as any other kingdom's in regards to surviving that onslaught, which involves troubling odds against them at best. Someone could get a lucky shot, but I'll be hard pressed to see such an opportunity come by, especially before much devastation has been wrought. We've compared dragons in ASoIaF as nuclear ICBMs. That's like saying someone saved a country from one by crashing their jet into it in the upper reaches of the atmosphere. Possible, but extremely improbable given the timing and skill required to have such an individual there at the right time, in my opinion anyways.

WanderingJester said:
Oh I agree, it's not like its an automatic death sentence if that happens. However I would say the Dorne have the same chances as any other kingdom's in regards to surviving that onslaught, which involves troubling odds against them at best. Someone could get a lucky shot, but I'll be hard pressed to see such an opportunity come by, especially before much devastation has been wrought. We've compared dragons in ASoIaF as nuclear ICBMs. That's like saying someone saved a country from one by crashing their jet into it in the upper reaches of the atmosphere. Possible, but extremely improbable given the timing and skill required to have such an individual there at the right time, in my opinion anyways.
Yeah, im jsut saying dorne and the targaryans have the best chance to reach brovos if he suddenly got a dragon and declared war right now

Akio said:
Yeah, im jsut saying dorne and the targaryans have the best chance to reach brovos if he suddenly got a dragon and declared war right now
Well the Starks already have a faceless man so they're one step ahead of you.

Akio said:
Probably, but then again, Tiber does have Strider at his disposal...

Hypnos said:
Well the Starks already have a faceless man so they're one step ahead of you.
Ah crap, how could I have forgotten the little faceless man running around in wolf's clothing? xD

WanderingJester said:
Hmm... I wonder how Dorne would handle a dragon led army's assault. I imagine they would burn just as easily as anyone else by dragon fire, but then they do live in a perpetually hot place, so would they be more equipped to deal with said dragon assaults?...
Also, contemplating on doing more work or retiring for the day and playing Borderlands. What do you guys think?
The Dornish shot Meraxes in the eye while he was in flight and killed him.

WanderingJester said:
I figured, though I mean it won't help them (or anyone else) much if someone like Corbis rises to power with a dragon at his beck and call. He'll probably just decide to kill everyone in Dorne (or the North, or the Reach, or the Westerlands) one day because the Narrow Sea offended him or something. xD
Hmm... still undecided about the Borderlands situation...
"THE NARROW SEA. IT ISN'T NARROW. IT's REALLY BIG. THAT's IT. *Turns to dragon* "PENIS! GO BURN THE WESTERLANDS! FUCKING LANNISTERS SOLD ME THE MAPS!"

[QUOTE="Darth Gangsta]Pompous fool!

[/QUOTE]
Woah there friend, you better hold your tongue, this pompous fool just happens to be in charge of one of the most powerful regions in Westeros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back