• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Leusis said:
Also, I'm completely fine with Bear doing some (possibly quite a bit) damage to Roland. So don't think because I'm talking about Bear like Roland is going to destroy him that I don't think Bear is a tough fight. Its just I personally believe if using a warhammer as I've described that Roland's vastly superior skill would give him the win when paired with the weapon I've chosen.
If I would have stuck with a longsword Bear would probably kick Roland's ass unless he half-sworded him into a coma.
The guy wouldn't aim for anything possibly deadly or crippling. Quite simply as it's forbidden in their culture, unless you are fueling to the death.

Hypnos said:
I honestly can't find any face claim that I like for Barba. Just imagine her as your typical angry old woman.
How similar/different is she physically from the Queen of Thorns?

Lancelot said:
Idk Siegfried also swings around large axes and warhammers with ease even when he isn't in a berserker rage.
When he is that only gets scarier.
I always pictured Siegfried to have a giant axe on him, though I guess it wouldn't be implausible for him to swing a warhammer as well. Still, I think the most devastating warhammers would go to House Baratheon. :P

WanderingJester said:
How similar/different is she physically from the Queen of Thorns?
I always pictured Siegfried to have a giant axe on him, though I guess it wouldn't be implausible for him to swing a warhammer as well. Still, I think the most devastating warhammers would go to House Baratheon. :P
Siegfried has always used both, large axes and warhammers are his speciality.

Lancelot said:
Siegfried has always used both, large axes and warhammers are his speciality.
Well, I'm still saying that if he were to go warhammer to warhammer against Rory Baratheon, disregarding everything else, Rory would have an edge when it comes to the weapons comparison.

Leusis said:
So how do you want this fight to go @SirDerpingtonIV
Roland comes out on top. Since Bear is so adamantly against crippling or killing his opponents, he won't aim for anything vital. But if he hits anything his strength is going to do damage. Maybe Roland gets a few blows from Bear's whole unpredictable combat style before being able to figure it out and take down Bear?

WanderingJester said:
Well, I'm still saying that if he were to go warhammer to warhammer against Rory Baratheon, disregarding everything else, Rory would have an edge when it comes to the weapons comparison.
What do you mean?

Like the quality of the weapon? Yeah then sure I think the Baratheons likely have better metals and smithing that make their hammers.

Lancelot said:
What do you mean?
Like the quality of the weapon? Yeah then sure I think the Baratheons likely have better metals and smithing that make their hammers.
Yes, pretty much. Also if say Siegfried had a custom warhammer made to fit him, and Rory had the same, Rory's warhammer would be better fitted for him than Siegfried's for the Reaver, so falling in line with what you're saying. Quality in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
WanderingJester said:
Yes, pretty much. Also if say Siegfried had a custom warhammer made to fit him, and Rory had the same, Rory's warhammer would be better fitted for him than Siegfried's for the Reaver, so falling in line with what you're saying. Quality in general.
I think ironborn generally have lower quality weapons than other factions, and as for Siegfrieds warhammers and axes I don't really see them as being specifically made to fit him or anything, I mean sure they are custom made but the familiarity with them comes with using them, Rory also likely has more skill than Siegfried.

Roland and Bear fight for a bit, Bear grabs the hammer and Roland is just like "The fuck?" and gets punched. They start fighting again and this time Bear does his charge and almost gets a hold on Roland but he slips out just in time to only catch the flat of Bear's axe in the ribs while hes moving away. Figuring out that Bear is more of a brawler who likes to just beat the shit out of people instead of having a proper fight with weapons Roland would then eventually wait for the next charge, get around him, just barely avoiding his grasp and give him one good clean shot to the shoulder to win the fight. Roland comes out with a busted lip from the punch despite wearing a helmet (cause even Bear's fist hits like a ton of bricks) and pretty painful bruises on his ribs thanks to Bear's hit with the axe and Lawsen's hit with the mace the day before in the free for all. Bear on the other hand gets his shoulder dislocated, yields, pops that fucker back into place and walks off like he was never even injured cause hes basically a russian, and they feel no pain. Roland then reminds himself that if he ever fights him to the death to never stop swinging the first time he lands a hit.

Sound about right to you @SirDerpingtonIV

I was wondering about who would win in the jousting bracket and i think in jousting 2 things would be the major factors in deciding who would win ... experience and equipment , skill in my opinion doesn't factor in a lot in this .... obviously larger and more prominent houses will be able to get better equipment and hence have a greater adv .

what do ya think @WanderingJester ?

Last edited by a moderator:
TheGreyEminence said:
I was wondering about who would win in the jousting bracket and i think in jousting 2 things would be the major factors in deciding who would win ... experience and equipment , skill in my opinion doesn't factor in a lot in this .... obviously larger and more prominent houses will be able to get better equipment and hence have a greater adv ?
what do ya think @WanderingJester
Oh, there's a lot of skill involved with jousting, especially hitting the opponent in the spot you want to at high speed. Yes, experience and equipment would factor highly into the thing as well, but not more than skill I believe. There's also the fact that some contestants might want to pull a Loras and stack the odds in their favor...

I still need to look over the brackets for the melee actually, but yeah, I would say Trevir Arryn would take the whole thing, but since he'll be in a coma, I guess it's really anyone's game (depending on how Roland's feeling).

WanderingJester said:
Oh, there's a lot of skill involved with jousting, especially hitting the opponent in the spot you want to at high speed. Yes, experience and equipment would factor highly into the thing as well, but not more than skill I believe. There's also the fact that some contestants might want to pull a Loras and stack the odds in their favor...
I still need to look over the brackets for the melee actually, but yeah, I would say Trevir Arryn would take the whole thing, but since he'll be in a coma, I guess it's really anyone's game (depending on how Roland's feeling).
Benji has a good shot too i guess , P.S i saw what you did in your post .... DAMN YOU TIBER !!!

WanderingJester said:
Roland is gonna be in the joust, but his skill level is essentially just a little bit higher than what you would expect from a pretty good knight. Hes nothing special in a joust (skilled, but nothing special), its really just on foot where he shines. So I'd say you could probably just assign numbers to everybody who is joining and just random number generate who wins.

TheGreyEminence said:
Benji has a good shot too i guess , P.S i saw what you did in your post .... DAMN YOU TIBER !!!
Damn me? What? For being concerned for a future cousin's health after his blatant intoxication? Just enjoy the room service in the morning Benji, eating something will help with the hangover :P

Leusis said:
Roland is gonna be in the joust, but his skill level is essentially just a little bit higher than what you would expect from a pretty good knight. Hes nothing special in a joust (skilled, but nothing special), its really just on foot where he shines. So I'd say you could probably just assign numbers to everybody who is joining and just random number generate who wins.
Yeah, I'll probably just roll for each matchup or something once the brackets are in and get the winner at the end, then sum up all of it in a post where the winner gets his reward and crowd the next Queen of Love and Beauty. Stuffy stuff.

LittleWolfie said:
Lianna is on team control Ari right now
lol ahh, Caydens closest to Liana so that may suck for him (though he will have to meet Ari eventually

TheGreyEminence said:
Actually it all depends on his weapon of choice .... Fighting a medium sized char like Benji with a spear prob not a good idea , but for the bear it could work ...
He still does it, Cayden is other then Nagito is probably the fastest fighter in terms of pure speed (for PC's anyway) the fights like a mixture of Oberyn and Bronn and wears light armor allowing him run circles around most knights

WanderingJester said:
Trevir would have stomped the Joust. He's by far the best on horse. With him out its kind of a throw up. Like Caydens horsemanship is extraordinary but his jousting skill is average. Though considered having Cayden stack the deck like Loras

WanderingJester said:
I guess Lyonel would have a pretty good chance, like many of the knights from the Reach he excels in the joust and has years upon years of practice in sparring and tourneys. I would say Lyonel is as comfortable if not more in a joust than he is in a duel.

Posting spree time. I will be here, on RPNation, for the next four hours, doing all of my posts!

Mayhaps I'll have Rory volunteer to fight Aiden, not as a way to help Braedon, but more of a way to shame him.

WanderingJester said:
Damn me? What? For being concerned for a future cousin's health after his blatant intoxication? Just enjoy the room service in the morning Benji, eating something will help with the hangover :P
Yeah, I'll probably just roll for each matchup or something once the brackets are in and get the winner at the end, then sum up all of it in a post where the winner gets his reward and crowd the next Queen of Love and Beauty. Stuffy stuff.
Weren't their plans to make it so that Viserys won for dramatic effect (And hopefuuly names Kuvira queen of love and beauty)

Akio said:
lol ahh, Caydens closest to Liana so that may suck for him (though he will have to meet Ari eventually
He still does it, Cayden is other then Nagito is probably the fastest fighter in terms of pure speed (for PC's anyway) the fights like a mixture of Oberyn and Bronn and wears light armor allowing him run circles around most knights

Trevir would have stomped the Joust. He's by far the best on horse. With him out its kind of a throw up. Like Caydens horsemanship is extraordinary but his jousting skill is average. Though considered having Cayden stack the deck like Loras
Oh yea, people are going to have to let me know early if they intend to "stack the deck" for certain match ups. I'll have to adjust the roll accordingly. Only one "stack" per person though (so one "stack" for the entire tourney joust, I'll roll to see if the "stack" worked or not).

Archon said:
Posting spree time. I will be here, on RPNation, for the next four hours, doing all of my posts!
Mayhaps I'll have Rory volunteer to fight Aiden, not as a way to help Braedon, but more of a way to shame him.
Don't do it! That little traitor will shoot Rory in the back right after it's over to take the Stormlands away from its rightful lord!

Hypnos said:
Weren't their plans to make it so that Viserys won for dramatic effect (And hopefuuly names Kuvira queen of love and beauty)
No that I know of, if there was, let me know in PM :P

TheAncientCenturion said:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! CHROME CRASHED AND I LOST A MAJORITY OF MY POST
i-know-that-feel.jpg

WanderingJester said:
Just d20 each joust with the named characters.

I'd say Benji and Lyonel get a +1 to whatever they roll though. Benji cause hes old as shit and probably has tons of experience and Lyonel cause hes probably the most skilled at using a lance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back