• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

[QUOTE="Ser Davos Seaworth]Also could someone look at my character? I changed it so that he's still north of the wall but I don't know what else I should add if needed

[/QUOTE]
He seems perfectly fine to me!

Also, I am not against wargs when they are NPCs. I am just against a player's character being a warg as I feel as if it gives that character an unfair advantage. But, that's just my two cents. I don't know how anyone else feels about it.

TheFordee14 said:
He seems perfectly fine to me!
Also, I am not against wargs when they are NPCs. I am just against a player's character being a warg as I feel as if it gives that character an unfair advantage. But, that's just my two cents. I don't know how anyone else feels about it.
*Raises eyebrow* this is not exactly a fair RP if we're talking about unfair advantages lol

Wealth, birthright, fighting skill, tactical ability, diplomatic ability. Not like those things are even among the characters. But like I said I've already dropped the idea

Akio said:
*Raises eyebrow* this is not exactly a fair RP if we're talking about unfair advantages lol
Wealth, birthright, fighting skill, tactical ability, diplomatic ability. Not like those things are even among the characters. But like I said I've already dropped the idea
Those things are sort of necessities to play the game of thrones... warging and other magical features are not.

Lancelot said:
Those things are sort of necessities to play the game of thrones... warging and other magical features are not.
No but they are no different in providing an advantage or disadvantage such as those things, not even our first magic man (looking at you Vance) and maybe the goat

Akio said:
No but they are no different in providing an advantage or disadvantage such as those things, not even our first magic man (looking at you Vance) and maybe the goat
They sort of are.

Stannis almost won the war when he started in the worst position due to ONE use of blood magic.

Lancelot said:
They sort of are.
Stannis almost won the war when he started in the worst position due to ONE use of blood magic.
I doubt any GM would allow us to instakill someone the same way, and warging has a limited affect compared to that, Vance is a blood mage. Difference between those magics

Akio said:
Wargs get to just control animals whenever they want to. Vance on the other hand has to get his hands on somebody, spill blood, perform a ritual and then he gets to control 1 particularly weak willed man. Vance has absolutely 0 magic that gives him any real advantage unless he has hours to prepare in advance, and even then his magic is minor at best.

Akio said:
I doubt any GM would allow us to instakill someone the same way, and warging has a limited affect compared to that, Vance is a blood mage. Difference between those magics
I've been against magic of almost all kinds from the very beginning, my stance has not changed.

Lancelot said:
This.

This is role play's premise was about people in Westeros/Essos playing the game of thrones and the struggle of normal, everyday people trying to thrive in a world that constantly shits on 'em. This role play is a human one at the most, this is why I even avoided stuff to do with The Night's Watch in the old thread, as I wanted to focus a bit more on the political dance in Westeros.

This role play is very bare when it comes to the "weird" side of ASoIaF. And I'd like it to stay that way for a while. Hell, our dragon egg is still an egg. And will perhaps always be one.

Bringing in a person who can warg into animals just doesn't mesh well with the idea I had for this role play. Sure, we can have some NPCs that have the ability to change skin- but I don't want an actual character having that ability. At least not until we're much further on.

That's just what is goin' on in my head, at least. I'm cool if you guys want to bring in wargs, and shadow babies, and ancient wildling blood magic. But, for now, I want this role play to remain as it is. A one about the struggle for power, and the way each person ( noble or common ) plays the game.

TheFordee14 said:
This.
This is role play's premise was about people in Westeros/Essos playing the game of thrones and the struggle of normal, everyday people trying to thrive in a world that constantly shits on 'em. This role play is a human one at the most, this is why I even avoided stuff to do with The Night's Watch in the old thread, as I wanted to focus a bit more on the political dance in Westeros.

This role play is very bare when it comes to the "weird" side of ASoIaF. And I'd like it to stay that way for a while. Hell, our dragon egg is still an egg. And will perhaps always be one.

Bringing in a person who can warg into animals just doesn't mesh well with the idea I had for this role play. Sure, we can have some NPCs that have the ability to change skin- but I don't want an actual character having that ability. At least not until we're much further on.

That's just what is goin' on in my head, at least. I'm cool if you guys want to bring in wargs, and shadow babies, and ancient wildling blood magic. But, for now, I want this role play to remain as it is. A one about the struggle for power, and the way each person ( noble or common ) plays the game.
Just wait until Aemond uses Glamour (^.^)

[QUOTE="Ser Davos Seaworth]So with the current night's watch is every fort still being used by the watch? Or is castle black, eastwatch, and the shadow tower the only three?

[/QUOTE]
Leusis said:
Its too bad Roland's only family is his uncle whos super old and would likely die just from being held prisoner for longer than 6 hours and his only friend is a 7 foot tall freak of nature that uses a two handed maul, so taking him prisoner is a no go cause you'd have to kill him before he'd go anywhere. Don't forget the fact Cayden is in a ridiculously weak situation, he only leads 2,000 men, of which only like 100 are in Westeros.
Its still just the 3.
There are 5 in use in this RP. I can't remember which, but I'm certain there's five.

Alright so forgive me if this is obvious but I just want to ask and be sure. This is my first time role playing on this site and I just wanted to know how it works. Do I just write out a few paragraphs of what my character is doing at that time and just wait for a response or...? Obviously I can't insta kill anyone in one post (since I'm north of the wall there aren't many oppurtunities in the first place) but what other things CAN'T I do?

Well, you'll need to put your characters name and location at the top of your post, mostly just so we know you aren't teleporting around and such. After that you can pretty much do whatever you like within reason, kill NPCs for days if you'd like, so long as it makes logical sense.

Ser Davos Seaworth]Alright so forgive me if this is obvious but I just want to ask and be sure. This is my first time role playing on this site and I just wanted to know how it works. Do I just write out a few paragraphs of what my character is doing at that time and just wait for a response or...? Obviously I can't insta kill anyone in one post (since I'm north of the wall there aren't many oppurtunities in the first place) but what other things CAN'T I do? [/QUOTE] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/threads/official-site-rules.162492/ said:
INFO - Official Site Rules[/URL]

So first there are those rules you should follow being on RPN. Other rules can be found in the Overview Tab of this RP. Some of the big "no-nos" I can think of are God-Moding, metamoding, and Mary-suing and Gary Stuing.

WanderingJester said:
INFO - Official Site Rules
So first there are those rules you should follow being on RPN. Other rules can be found in the Overview Tab of this RP. Some of the big "no-nos" I can think of are God-Moding, metamoding, and Mary-suing and Gary Stuing.
I know the site rules, read those when I first joined but I was just wondering if there are anythings that aren't rules that are more just common courtesy.
Leusis said:
Well, you'll need to put your characters name and location at the top of your post, mostly just so we know you aren't teleporting around and such. After that you can pretty much do whatever you like within reason, kill NPCs for days if you'd like, so long as it makes logical sense.
Sounds fair, I'll probably make something soon once I finish with real life stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know Cayden might be one of the few people who dislike Aemon the Dragon Knight and some other old stories

Last edited by a moderator:
TheFordee14 said:
#HipsterCayden
He has little against Aemond sword skill or the fact he did not support unwarranted war against Dorne but he sees him as a coward in his own right. Him and his sister loved each other and being Targs marriage between siblings was common but he let her suffer under his brother, if helping her when he could, instead of challenging for her himself. He defended a king not worth defending and in doing so contributed to some decline in Westeros at the time and therefore in his own way contributed to the Blackfyre rebellion. And in dying defending this unworthy king he sent his sister into grief who died a year later who only dishonored their memory. Perhaps it was honorable, but he also saw it as cowardly not protecting his sister, even if from his brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back