• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Leusis said:
Tormund doesn't mix with nights watch, when did this happen? I never said I was making a wildling, just somebody with a personality similar to Tormund possibly. But now that I think about it I'll just make a little boy whos a good shot with a bow and I'll just shoot all of your Thenn buddies in the dick.
Thenns unlike every other wildling all wear armor, may be slightly less effective then you think

Tormund talks about his pecker to much to be a watchman

Last edited by a moderator:
WanderingJester said:
It was pretty good, I didn't see it coming.
I remember it making me question every waypoint I ever followed or choice I made not just in bioshock but all games. It had a great cinematic kind of feel but it also gave the forced nature of a cut scene in most games meaning in a way that masterfully made you question. Few other twists made me think more, the newest one though is probably spec ops the line, the shooter that changed my perspective on all shooters

Akio said:
I remember it making me question every waypoint I ever followed or choice I made not just in bioshock but all games. It had a great cinematic kind of feel but it also gave the forced nature of a cut scene in most games meaning in a way that masterfully made you question. Few other twists made me think more, the newest one though is probably spec ops the line, the shooter that changed my perspective on all shooters
I've heard/watched the playthrough for that game. Honestly, it didn't impress me that much.

Then again, I have no problem being the "bad" guy in any media, so it might just be me being heartless and such. *shrug*

Akio said:
Thenns unlike every other wildling all wear armor, may be slightly less effective then you think
Tormund talks about his pecker to much to be a watchman
You know a longbow can get through platemail right? I'm sure their shitty wildling armor will be easy enough to get through with a longbow.

WanderingJester said:
I've heard/watched the playthrough for that game. Honestly, it didn't impress me that much.
Then again, I have no problem being the "bad" guy in any media, so it might just be me being heartless and such. *shrug*
It was another game that made you question your decisions, from the white phosphorous scene to the choice of who hangs all seem to be manipulated by Comarad only for it all to come back on you. Perhaps what was the most extreme to me is it seemed like another generic military shooter at the start and even a bit clunky only to hit hard in the story. You never even really find out what happened to Dubai, but in trying to rationalize yourself as a hero you showed yourself as a monster

Leusis said:
You know a longbow can get through platemail right? I'm sure their shitty wildling armor will be easy enough to get through with a longbow.
Better have a lot of arrows.

Akio said:
It was another game that made you question your decisions, from the white phosphorous scene to the choice of who hangs all seem to be manipulated by Comarad only for it all to come back on you. Perhaps what was the most extreme to me is it seemed like another generic military shooter at the start and even a bit clunky only to hit hard in the story. You never even really find out what happened to Dubai, but in trying to rationalize yourself as a hero you showed yourself as a monster

Better have a lot of arrows.
Eh, I mean I can understand why people liked the story so much. Like I said though, it didn't do much for me. I have no problem playing the monster rationalizing as a hero. Those make the best villains tbh.

Leusis said:
Nights Watch might not have a lot of men, but they have arrows by the ton.
Fair enough, but if my character marches on the wall it won't just be with the Thenns, the Thenns alone are not enough to take the wall, disregarding the Starks behind it

Akio said:
Fair enough, but if my character marches on the wall it won't just be with the Thenns, the Thenns alone are not enough to take the wall, disregarding the Starks behind it
Well, I intend to make a character whos a meh fighter, probably quite a bit better than your average watchman, somewhere along the lines of Rowan's younger brother if I'm assuming his skill is somewhere slightly above the average knight. However hes going to be in his early forties and know about as much as the wildlings do about their own land and just be a huge annoyance when it comes to guerilla tactics. So prepare to have your food taken from you, your camps burned to the ground, scouts slaughtered, all that good stuff before you even come anywhere near the wall.

Leusis said:
Well, I intend to make a character whos a meh fighter, probably quite a bit better than your average watchman, somewhere along the lines of Rowan's younger brother if I'm assuming his skill is somewhere slightly above the average knight. However hes going to be in his early forties and know about as much as the wildlings do about their own land and just be a huge annoyance when it comes to guerilla tactics. So prepare to have your food taken from you, your camps burned to the ground, scouts slaughtered, all that good stuff before you even come anywhere near the wall.
My wildling isn't gonna be particularly good warrior, maybe a bit better then average and even that considered what you see as average as far as skill but he has the luck to be incredibly crafty and intelligent, some of it relates to tactics and other parts relate to negotiation and how to use his resources. Taking all the different wildling tribes and uniting them for any amount of time takes patience and a certain degree of intelligence, and he plans to use his powerful starting position and intelligence to forge the wildlings into a weapon to break the wall.

Akio said:
My wildling isn't gonna be particularly good warrior, maybe a bit better then average and even that considered what you see as average as far as skill but he has the luck to be incredibly crafty and intelligent, some of it relates to tactics and other parts relate to negotiation and how to use his resources. Taking all the different wildling tribes and uniting them for any amount of time takes patience and a certain degree of intelligence, and he plans to use his powerful starting position and intelligence to forge the wildlings into a weapon to break the wall.
Trying to unite the wildlings is going to take you forever, and with the nights watch screwing you over every chance they get its just going to be harder. Honestly don't even think the Thenn's, as the most powerful group of wildling could unite the clans without something on scale with the white walkers driving them all south.

Leusis said:
Trying to unite the wildlings is going to take you forever, and with the nights watch screwing you over every chance they get its just going to be harder. Honestly don't even think the Thenn's, as the most powerful group of wildling could unite the clans without something on scale with the white walkers driving them all south.
I believe the excuse for Wildlings fleeing south in this RP is the grey plague.

Oh, stay the fuck away from the wall then, we don't need grey plague getting to the south or even to the nights watch.

Leusis said:
Hypnos said:
I believe the excuse for Wildlings fleeing south in this RP is the grey plague.
Well back when we were talking about what be forcing the wildlings south ancient said either plague or a shortage of food or a combination of both is what currently replacing the white walkers as motivation to hit the south. I dont expect the wildlings to unite quickly, it will take time. The plague drives them south and the shortage of food leaves them no where to go but south of the wall if they want to survive

Akio said:
Well back when we were talking about what be forcing the wildlings south ancient said either plague or a shortage of food or a combination of both is what currently replacing the white walkers as motivation to hit the south. I dont expect the wildlings to unite quickly, it will take time. The plague drives them south and the shortage of food leaves them no where to go but south of the wall if they want to survive
I feel as though if everybody made a wildling or brother of the watch we'd slowly see a shift of interest. After all its a smaller area where different leaders can get more done within a shorter time. At the same time though it wouldn't have the grandness of armies tens of thousands strong or areas the size of countries competing. So, I think even if everybody makes a character for the wall and beyond we should just wait a bit until thing die down everywhere else to do much of anything to the far north.

Leusis said:
I feel as though if everybody made a wildling or brother of the watch we'd slowly see a shift of interest. After all its a smaller area where different leaders can get more done within a shorter time. At the same time though it wouldn't have the grandness of armies tens of thousands strong or areas the size of countries competing. So, I think even if everybody makes a character for the wall and beyond we should just wait a bit until thing die down everywhere else to do much of anything to the far north.
Right now only me, Ser Davos, Forbee, and you and ancient thing about having people over the wall, we keep it at that it shouldn't affect the overall progress of the RP

So I was going to wait until Tiber gave Roland his reward and such before I posted Kuvira arriving, I'm thinking now however that I shoud just do a big post with Andar, Richard, and Kuvira now to just kill 3 birds with 1 stone. Or should I just wait and kill 4 instead?

Bedivere could perhaps make a trek up to the wall considering he would be immune to the Grey Plague :)

Leusis said:
So I was going to wait until Tiber gave Roland his reward and such before I posted Kuvira arriving, I'm thinking now however that I shoud just do a big post with Andar, Richard, and Kuvira now to just kill 3 birds with 1 stone. Or should I just wait and kill 4 instead?
I'm doing a relatively short post now. Tiber's melee reward post is done, just wrapping up Highgarden. If you can wait/start on the others, Roland should have something to react to in another 10-15 minutes (give or take).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back