• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Leusis said:
Well my character is an amazing fighter, but thats about the only thing hes got on that list. Pretty much the closest thing we have to that exactly would probably be Rory cause hes really good at fighting and commanding but he doesn't have much in the resources department.
This is a complete lie, never believe this man, ever.
Also the Lord of a House in the richest province in Westeros with the (relatively good) confidence of his overlord. I have to say Roland's pretty set up at the moment xD lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so how much would you say I should have in my company of sell swords? Is 1,000 to many? I'm just wondering since I don't want to start off with something over powered, and I'll most likely end up joining someone else's army

WanderingJester said:
Also the Lord of a House in the richest province in Westeros with the (relatively good) confidence of his overlord. I have to say Roland's pretty set up at the moment xD lol.
Shhh, you aren't supposed to mention the Lannisters like him.

[QUOTE="Ser Davos Seaworth]Okay, so how much would you say I should have in my company of sell swords? Is 1,000 to many? I'm just wondering since I don't want to start off with something over powered, and I'll most likely end up joining someone else's army

[/QUOTE]
Well, if you want to be a mercenary group in Westeros I'd say somewhere around 1,000-1,500 is about your limit cause I was pushing it with 800 knights and 800 squires for Westeros. In Essos though you could probably be closer to the 2,000-5,000 range depending on how successful and agressive you've been with expanding your ranks.

I made most of that post last night when I was tired as fuck. Passed out before I could finish it so apologies if it seems a bit odd.

[QUOTE="Ser Davos Seaworth]Well there is a path right by Eastwatch, and this would be like 10 years ago in comparison to when the game is happening, giving him time to form his group of sell swords. I'm not sure about it though, I just feel like everyone is doing the "Rich lord that is also a brilliant tactician, fighter, and has tons of resources at his disposal." and I want to try something different

[/QUOTE]
There's no path that just leads right around the wall, if there was wouldn't the wildlings have figured it out by now? If you're talking about the bridge of skulls by the Shadow Tower then that is well guarded and almost impossible to cross, stretching over a massive gorge goes incredibly far down. You can't just walk past the wall. The most likely way he could have gotten across is by scaling it, though that is also incredibly dangerous.

'Rich Lord with lots of reassures" pretty much sums up every PoV character in the series and the majority are either fighters or tacticians as well, sometimes both.

Akio said:
Well we can use some variation though its not as lope sided as you think. The current ruler of Riverrun is a 80 year old man, lord of stormend a gloomy bastard who hates Targs for executing his father because one of the princesses lied and said they slept together (which he doesn't know) and an insane queen whos only usefulness is surprise execution. Even my character who fits that description to a degree has asthma, is not the lord of house Martell so his standing forces is 2000 strong and is such a bull headed, cocky bastard he manages to piss everyone off and is currently trying to help the princess with the lowest standing forces, so basically i fuck myself over
Hey, Walder is only in his sixties, he's still a young man in my eyes.

[QUOTE="Ser Davos Seaworth]Maybe 1,200, that's probably all I'd ask for, not enough to be an army on its own but enough to make any army that hires them a good amount stronger

[/QUOTE]
Think about it like this: The nor'easter men you have the less skilled they are likely to be (See less combat, worse equipment etc) so something like the Holy Hundred would have been elite warriors and most of them rich whereas larger companies are going to have a lot less skill (Unless you're the Golden Company)

Leusis said:
You should totally join the crown, they could definitely use 1,200 good men.
If you ever need employment just hit me up, I'm pretty sure I'm on every side of the war at this point.

ArisenMoon said:
He is within a day or so march of the keep.
KK, I might send one of Lord Manderly's son over there so that you have someone to RP with rather than just marching around alone waiting for Lord Stark.

Hypnos said:
Maybe Walder is just in a better shape than Ser Barristan.
Really now, better shape then Bastian who despite his advanced age escaped the red keep, traveled right on threw Essos, stopped an assassin on Danys life, and fought the sons of the Harpy and (book wise) is about to go to war again?

Akio said:
Really now, better shape then Bastian who despite his advanced age escaped the red keep, traveled right on threw Essos, stopped an assassin on Danys life, and fought the sons of the Harpy and (book wise) is about to go to war again?
Well despite his advanced age Walder fled the Red Keep, travelled right on down to Dragonstone, brought Rory to save Braedon's life, fought against the pain of a crippling leg wound and (RP wise) is about to go to war again.

Hypnos said:
There's no path that just leads right around the wall, if there was wouldn't the wildlings have figured it out by now? If you're talking about the bridge of skulls by the Shadow Tower then that is well guarded and almost impossible to cross, stretching over a massive gorge goes incredibly far down. You can't just walk past the wall. The most likely way he could have gotten across is by scaling it, though that is also incredibly dangerous.
'Rich Lord with lots of reassures" pretty much sums up every PoV character in the series and the majority are either fighters or tacticians as well, sometimes both.
He wouldn't be the first one to scale the wall, and with basically no men of the nights watch around to stop him I doubt he would be that hesitant

Hypnos said:
Well despite his advanced age Walder fled the Red Keep, travelled right on down to Dragonstone, brought Rory to save Braedon's life, fought against the pain of a crippling leg wound and (RP wise) is about to go to war again.
Somehow doubt fighting on the front lines of said war

Users who are viewing this thread

Back