• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Hypnos said:
I'd like to see him try.
It'd be ashame if one of Baelor's abused children came into possession of the rare poisons Vladan has available to him. They certainly have a reason to want their dad dead.

Lancelot said:
Good thing he is a maester because otherwise he would be flaying family
A family that flays together stays together, the Bolton motto.

TheAncientCenturion said:
It'd be ashame if one of Baelor's abused children came into possession of the rare poisons Vladan has available to him. They certainly have a reason to want their dad dead.
A family that flays together stays together, the Bolton motto.
And it would also be a shame if poor Vladan's old legs collapsed under him and he had a tumble climbing up to the rookery. Baelor doesn't abuse his children he merely offers a bit of negative reinforcement.

Its okay guys, the moment Kuvira comes back and sees that Baelor did anything beyond what he was told he'll lose his head. After all, Kuvira is a crazy control freak.

Hypnos said:
And it would also be a shame if poor Vladan's old legs collapsed under him and he had a tumble climbing up to the rookery. Baelor doesn't abuse his children he merely offers a bit of negative reinforcement.
Nonsense, Vladan never ignores leg day. He is the sexiest old man sense Barry the Bold. Baelor, on the other hand, man. . Hopefully the woman that poisoned Maeryn isn't still lurking in the shadows. It'd be awfully ironic for Baelor to share his death.

Leusis said:
Its okay guys, the moment Kuvira comes back and sees that Baelor did anything beyond what he was told he'll lose his head. After all, Kuvira is a crazy control freak.
Ha, Nuncle Baelor will die!

Leusis said:
I never said that he'd do anything beyond what was ordered of him. Was it not Kuvira who asked him to deal with the Goldcloak situation.

And it would be an awful shame if Rory were to get his hands on the other half of the Royal fleet.

Hypnos said:
I never said that he'd do anything beyond what was ordered of him. Was it not Kuvira who asked him to deal with the Goldcloak situation.
And it would be an awful shame if Rory were to get his hands on the other half of the Royal fleet.
If he gets his hands on the other half Kuvira will just kill him for incompetence. Look, no matter what you do shes crazy and paranoid, she'll find a reason to kill anybody for doing anything outside of what they're ordered to do. So I suggest you balance well, because you're walking an incredibly thin rope.

Oh, and she never ordered for the goldcloak captain to be killed, just to be removed from his position and sent back to his houses seat.

Leusis said:
If he gets his hands on the other half Kuvira will just kill him for incompetence. Look, no matter what you do shes crazy and paranoid, she'll find a reason to kill anybody for doing anything outside of what they're ordered to do. So I suggest you balance well, because you're walking an incredibly thin rope.
Oh, and she never ordered for the goldcloak captain to be killed, just to be removed from his position and sent back to his houses seat.
Maybe Kuvira will appreciate Kays talents more than those silly old farts :)

Leusis said:
I imagine by the time Rory gets the fleet Baelor would have fled the capital, he's not sticking around to find out what his niece thing about the matter.

I believe her exact words were remove him from office and remove him from the city. There are many ways to remove a man from a city, not all of them require a living man...

Leusis said:
Also who is Kuvira taking to CR? How many guards?

Hypnos said:
I imagine by the time Rory gets the fleet Baelor would have fled the capital, he's not sticking around to find out what his niece thing about the matter.
I believe her exact words were remove him from office and remove him from the city. There are many ways to remove a man from a city, not all of them require a living man...
Baelor would find himself unable to escape the city. Vladan would make sure to keep him there, with all the power he held.

TheAncientCenturion said:
Baelor would find himself unable to escape the city. Vladan would make sure to keep him there, with all the power he held.
We shall see when the time comes, mayhaps Baelor shall organise a little accident on his way out.

Its okay, Baelor will die even if he gets out of the city. After all, Kuvira is crazy and betraying her like that I'm sure she'd be more than willing to take out a loan specifically to hire a faceless man to give Baelor a ridiculously painful death.

Hypnos said:
We shall see when the time comes, mayhaps Baelor shall organise a little accident on his way out.
Falling down the steps and into the ruffians that live in the city? Being torn apart by the lowborn mobs does seem fitting for him.

Leusis said:
Its okay, Baelor will die even if he gets out of the city. After all, Kuvira is crazy and betraying her like that I'm sure she'd be more than willing to take out a loan specifically to hire a faceless man to give Baelor a ridiculously painful death.
I'm torn: I want to see Kuvira murder someone but I also don't particularly want to die. I'm also flattered that you'd risk bankrupting the realm just for old uncle Baelor. Best niece ever.

Ladies please, Baelor and Vladan may not have time to plot each others untimely hunting accident.

I mean, for that to happen King's Landing would need to not be sieged awfully soon.

How many goldcloaks are there now? Like 6,000 or something? And isn't Vladan currently sending like 1,000 men to raid the Stormlands?

Leusis said:
How many goldcloaks are there now? Like 6,000 or something? And isn't Vladan currently sending like 1,000 men to raid the Stormlands?
Gathering proper men-at-arms from the Crownlands, not the Goldcloaks. They're out pillaging farmlands and what not, preparing for the siege. I haven't posted his POV in a while just so King's Landing can catch up with the rest of the RP.

Around close to ten thousand, Vladan doubled it but has yet to put up any standards or formal funding for it.

Leusis said:
So theres about 10k of them but they probably fight like a force with 2,000 less men?
About 2-3k would be passable as urban watchmen, with another 2-3k being ruffians who know their way around a blade. The rest are less trained, less experienced cut throats who want the perks of being in the city watch and are largely undrilled.

They aren't good soldiers, even the very best of them, on average wouldn't make a knight's level of skill. But they seem to be well funded, more than a peasant. Albeit a lord's peasant is usually told and drilled on how to fight and be a soldier.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking Baratheon's if they siege Kings landing alone are gonna lose, bad. Stormlands only have 35,000 so they could probably only move around 20,000-25,000 out while keeping themselves defendable with the soldiers they leave behind. If the goldcloaks number 10,000 I think even the shittiest among them would be worth 2 Stormlanders in a siege. So from my perspective it just doesn't seem like the Stormlands alone could take Kings Landing.

Leusis said:
I'm thinking Baratheon's if they siege Kings landing alone are gonna lose, bad. Stormlands only have 35,000 so they could probably only move around 20,000-25,000 out while keeping themselves defendable with the soldiers they leave behind. If the goldcloaks number 10,000 I think even the shittiest among them would be worth 2 Stormlanders in a siege. So from my perspective it just doesn't seem like the Stormlands alone could take Kings Landing.
It depends on the tactics used. Cethann is willing to defect over to the Stormlanders, if things look shitty enough for the Crown.

Leusis said:
May also depends on what happens in the battle itself, if those untrained, undrilled gold cloaks lost motivation to fight with some commander or other being cut down or even to many of them die they'll break and run. Most of them do not sound prepared for battle in any manner worse then the average conscripted peasant.

Well, it's not like most peasants aren't trained when they're taken into the army. Most are yeoman, anyways. Close to but not the lowest level of peasantry. That and they get better as wars progress. The Goldcloaks are known for their incompetence. Apparently even among city watches, as Lannisport supposedly as much better guards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back