• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

I'm just going to assume there's another queensguard aside from Albert and name him later when I know what the rest of the queensguard's names are. xD

TheFordee14 said:
Ser Gale Corbray is Commander of The Queensguard. The others are Ser James Thorne, who is working with fellow Queensguard member Ser Warren Whent to overthrow The Targaryen Dynasty. There is also Ser Varic Celtigar, Ser Aiden Stark ( although I think he may of been fired, IDK ). And, there is also Ser Rodrik Myatt and Ser Kristoph Upcliff.
Thanks! :)

Lancelot said:
Aye, I imagine the desert is far more interesting
I imagine he wouldn't be able to keep them in the desert given if Elia were to find anyone Cayden, suing for peace may not be impossible. So unless the Stony dornish decided to support him to promote war he can't just turtle and hide. Nor would I do that to Forbe to make his life boring, people will probably follow Cayden who one way or another will be in the thick of things in the South for awhile. It still might be some time before Cayden can rest, unless he dies somehow

TheFordee14 said:
Ser Gale Corbray is Commander of The Queensguard. The others are Ser James Thorne, who is working with fellow Queensguard member Ser Warren Whent to overthrow The Targaryen Dynasty. There is also Ser Varic Celtigar, Ser Aiden Stark ( although I think he may of been fired, IDK ). And, there is also Ser Rodrik Myatt and Ser Kristoph Upcliff.
Is the commander doing anything at the moment?

Akio said:
I imagine he wouldn't be able to keep them in the desert given if Elia were to find anyone Cayden, suing for peace may not be impossible. So unless the Stony dornish decided to support him to promote war he can't just turtle and hide. Nor would I do that to Forbe to make his life boring, people will probably follow Cayden who one way or another will be in the thick of things in the South for awhile. It still might be some time before Cayden can rest, unless he dies somehow
Why would people follow an arbitrary prince rather than their liege lord?

Elia is the head of the family Cayden can't do anything about it.

Leusis said:
@TheFordee14
In order of best to worst fighters what are the queensguard?

I remember listing this out ages ago, but I doubt I'll be able to find the post- so I'll just list 'em again.

From
BEST To WORST :

- Varic Celtigar

- Rodrik Myatt

- Gale Corbray

- Warren Whent

- James Thorne

- Aiden Stark

- Kristoph Upcliff

Akio said:
This whole suing for peace thing you keep talking about sounds a hell of a lot like one nation saying "Okay, we're at peace now" while the other still very much has a war going on.

Red said:
Is the commander doing anything at the moment?
Last time I checked, he was still in King's Landing. Ser Gale is DEEPLY devoted to House Targaryen. He served The Mad King, loyally, for most of his reign, and he has always been fond of Kuvira.

Lancelot said:
Why would people follow an arbitrary prince rather than their liege lord?
Elia is the head of the family Cayden can't do anything about it.
Elia wants to keeo the peace by marrying off the family and stay neutral and the Stony dornish have the worst relationship with the Reach and stormlands and considering Elia already stopped their raiding forcefully that's already a boiling pot of things. Never the less the chance is not particularly great which is why Cayden will likely have to keep moving.

Elendithas said:
This whole suing for peace thing you keep talking about sounds a hell of a lot like one nation saying "Okay, we're at peace now" while the other still very much has a war going on.
Quite possibly considering what Cayden plans to do, if things go badly. After all he wants to create a direct confrontation with the Reach and Dorne that can not be reconciled, then again that depends if he succeeds which is something by itself entirely. And lives to get away with it and benefit from the situation

Last edited by a moderator:
Leusis said:
@TheFordee14
Albert Lannister is just a bit worse than his cousin Martyn in combat, where do you think he'd be placed in that list?
I'd reckon a bit above Ser Gale. So the only people who would more than likely best him in combat are Varic and Rodrik.

TheFordee14 said:
I'd reckon a bit above Ser Gale. So the only people who would more than likely best him in combat are Varic and Rodrik.
That helps alot.

Also, aren't there only supposed to be seven queensguard? if so, who did Albert replace? I remember the mods saying that there was a slot open meaning one of those names were removed for some reason. O.o

Akio said:
Elia wants to keeo the peace by marrying off the family and stay neutral and the Stony dornish have the worst relationship with the Reach and stormlands and considering Elia already stopped their raiding forcefully that's already a boiling pot of things. Never the less the chance is not particularly great which is why Cayden will likely have to keep moving.
Quite possibly considering what Cayden plans to do, if things go badly. After all he wants to create a direct confrontation with the Reach and Dorne that can not be reconciled, then again that depends if he succeeds which is something by itself entirely. And lives to get away with it and benefit from the situation
Remind me, why exactly does he feel getting thousands of Dornish killed is a good idea? Is he just a dick, orrrrr what?

Red said:
That helps alot.
Also, aren't there only supposed to be seven queensguard? if so, who did Albert replace? I remember the mods saying that there was a slot open meaning one of those names were removed for some reason. O.o
I am guessing he replaced Ser Aiden Stark. As I think @TheAncientCenturion wrote a post where he is dismissed from The Queensguard. I am not too sure though.

Leusis said:
James Throne was removed when Kuvira had him beat down and thrown in a cell.
Was it confirmed that James was removed? I thought he was still in and that Kuvira gave him a second chance after Aerea was shipped off to Highgarden. Again, I am not sure.

Nah, James got let out by Whent and now James is helping him with his whole rebellion plot thing against the Targs.

Elendithas said:
Remind me, why exactly does he feel getting thousands of Dornish killed is a good idea? Is he just a dick, orrrrr what?
It's more like priorities to him. He loves Dorne and the Dornish people but his sister's being married off means they are shipped off to other lands and he sees the situation as to unstable at the moment to try and do that while remaining neutral. He's afraid of a situation that showed up with book Elia Martell. That in the war someone might be killed or used as a hostage to force dorne in a war outside their own terms (and given Kuriva and Viserys exist thus may not be completely unfounded) with little chance of them being able to help. And if they married into multiple sides to hopefully stay neutral and one side loss they could potentially be killing a family member to keep Dorne out of the war. His family (a number which in his mind includes Daenna due to their close relationship) stands above all else to him. He rather risk war and possibly risk thousands of lives in an effort to protect Daenna and his sister's and brothers then forced to basically sit by and watch them get sent off to a Westeros already at war. It helps that he's confident in Dornes defenses against armies or assassins, even if he takes all the risk and is even possibly alienated he would see it as a small price to avoid the situation of losing one of his family.

Akio said:
It's more like priorities to him. He loves Dorne and the Dornish people but his sister's being married off means they are shipped off to other lands and he sees the situation as to unstable at the moment to try and do that while remaining neutral. He's afraid of a situation that showed up with book Elia Martell. That in the war someone might be killed or used as a hostage to force dorne in a war outside their own terms (and given Kuriva and Viserys exist thus may not be completely unfounded) with little chance of them being able to help. And if they married into multiple sides to hopefully stay neutral and one side loss they could potentially be killing a family member to keep Dorne out of the war. His family (a number which in his mind includes Daenna due to their close relationship) stands above all else to him. He rather risk war and possibly risk thousands of lives in an effort to protect Daenna and his sister's and brothers then forced to basically sit by and watch them get sent off to a Westeros already at war. It helps that he's confident in Dornes defenses against armies or assassins, even if he takes all the risk and is even possibly alienated he would see it as a small price to avoid the situation of losing one of his family.
That's a very odd view of arranged marriage, especially for a Prince.

In the event that Cayden does somehow manage to succeed at putting Dorne into an unavoidable and unstoppable war, how exactly does he think his family will be safer? From my point of view all this means is they will have a constant stream of assassins to worry about along with the new threat of an actual army coming to burn their home to the ground and kill them all for what is theirs.

Lancelot said:
That's a very odd view of arranged marriage, especially for a Prince.
*snorts* Cayden despises arranged marriage which is why if he was forced into one he would take a paralamor as many Lords do. That's harder for the girls to do outside Dorne and in a time without war perhaps he would simply protest there's no need to marry his sister's off with haste and try to convince Elia to let them choose their own matches. But in a time of war he vemously opposes on a degree of safety.

Elendithas said:
In the event that Cayden does somehow manage to succeed at putting Dorne into an unavoidable and unstoppable war, how exactly does he think his family will be safer? From my point of view all this means is they will have a constant stream of assassins to worry about along with the new threat of an actual army coming to burn their home to the ground and kill them all for what is theirs.
Whether it's a slight case of arrogance he's confident in Dornes ability to take all comers in the form of armies. In order for Daenna to have a chance to take the throne he must gather secret allies and distabalize as many hostile nations as possible to give Daenna the best chance to take the throne. As for assassins perhaps he's a bit naive in that situation, as well as possible rebellion in Dorne if he fucks up to badly. He's been away from Dorne for 5 years and even before spent a great degree of time in kingslanding. He himself might not realize the stakes he puts up. However the Martells defense against assassins is pretty good. Liana is a Varys kind of character, and can keep the family safe as much as possible and Elia herself is very intelligent. If Cayden defends Dorne from swords in the day and Liana and Elia from knifes in the dark as long as one side doesn't suffer a drastic loss they have a fairly decent chance at staying alive.

Given the current Westeros is fairly divided only helps their cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
Akio said:
*snorts* Cayden despises arranged marriage which is why if he was forced into one he would take a paralamor as many Lords do. That's harder for the girls to do outside Dorne and in a time without war perhaps he would simply protest there's no need to marry his sister's off with haste and try to convince Elia to let them choose their own matches. But in a time of war he vemously opposes on a degree of safety.
Whether it's a slight case of arrogance he's confident in Dornes ability to take all comers in the form of armies. In order for Daenna to have a chance to take the throne he must gather secret allies and distabalize as many hostile nations as possible to give Daenna the best chance to take the throne. As for assassins perhaps he's a bit naive in that situation, as well as possible rebellion in Dorne if he fucks up to badly. He's been away from Dorne for 5 years and even before spent a great degree of time in kingslanding. He himself might not realize the stakes he puts up. However the Martells defense against assassins is pretty good. Liana is a Varys kind of character, and can keep the family safe as much as possible and Elia herself is very intelligent. If Cayden defends Dorne from swords in the day and Liana and Elia from knifes in the dark as long as one side doesn't suffer a drastic loss they have a fairly decent chance at staying alive.

Given the current Westeros is fairly divided only helps their cause.
You seem to think the Martells are untouchable. Get Roland, Martyn, Albert, and Trevir inside Sunspear and I feel like they'd have a pretty good chance of killing the Martell family. Assassination honestly isn't even that hard, all of the Martells are vulnerable enough at this very moment in rp to get killed.

Also, that post with Cayden is taking you forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back