• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Hypnos said:
I mean, I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan so I don't think I need to worry about any expanded universe stuff getting erased or stuff like that and I've heard good things about it, it's just never been a priority like other films. Plus it's pretty much been spoiled to hell at this point so...
Yeah, I feel ya. Are you into comic movies? Ant-Man was much better than I expected. Had to watch it before I watch Civil War and I'm sad that I didn't get to it sooner. Still waiting on the disk release of Batman v Superman though...

WanderingJester said:
Yeah, I feel ya. Are you into comic movies? Ant-Man was much better than I expected. Had to watch it before I watch Civil War and I'm sad that I didn't get to it sooner. Still waiting on the disk release of Batman v Superman though...
It's kind of hard not to watch a couple considering how many are released yearly at this point, but they tend to be pretty good and Marvel seems to know what they're doing. Ant-Man was good considering all of the production issues and stuff.

BvS is alright, honestly I don't think it deserves all of the hate it gets, it wasn't the best film ever but it certainly wasn't the worst either. Civil War was great.

Hypnos said:
It's kind of hard not to watch a couple considering how many are released yearly at this point, but they tend to be pretty good and Marvel seems to know what they're doing. Ant-Man was good considering all of the production issues and stuff.
BvS is alright, honestly I don't think it deserves all of the hate it gets, it wasn't the best film ever but it certainly wasn't the worst either. Civil War was great.
Oh man I'm so hyped for Civil War, especially after Ant-Man. Can't wait to watch it. Yeah Marvel's been learning from their mistakes over a few decades of comic book movies, so DC's got a bit of catching up to do. I'm excited for Doctor Strange (one of the most powerful beings in Marvel) and, unexpectedly, the Magnificent Seven. Guess Eastwood did give me the old Western itch with his films after all. (Then again I really liked the Equalizer so... *shrug*)

Trailer here in case anyone's not seen it yet for M7:

[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
WanderingJester said:
Oh man I'm so hyped for Civil War, especially after Ant-Man. Can't wait to watch it. Yeah Marvel's been learning from their mistakes over a few decades of comic book movies, so DC's got a bit of catching up to do. I'm excited for Doctor Strange (one of the most powerful beings in Marvel) and, unexpectedly, the Magnificent Seven. Guess Eastwood did give me the old Western itch with his films after all. (Then again I really liked the Equalizer so... *shrug*)
Trailer here in case anyone's not seen it yet for M7:

[media]

[/media]
DC and Marvel have pretty much got their whole lineup planned out for the next decade, though that could all change depending on how well or poorly the films go, the Amazing Spider-Man was supposed to branch out into a massive franchise yet after that flopped Sony just gave up and sold it off to Disney, and I doubt we'll be seeing any more Fox produced Fantastic Four films (Though to be fair to Fox I still think they're doing a great job with X-Men and Deadpool)

Magniicant Seven looks like one of those thinks I'll watch about a year after it's released and then get really into westerns for about a month and watching nothing but them.

I will probably avoid any movies to do with super heroes.

However I am willing to watch the Netflix shows.

As for Magnificent Seven that looks badass as fuck.

All I have to say is DC is better at TV shows and marvel is good at Movies. That's just the fact of life at this point.

[QUOTE="Robyn Banks]All I have to say is DC is better at TV shows and marvel is good at Movies. That's just the fact of life at this point.

[/QUOTE]
DC has better characters, Marvel just knows how to use theirs to appeal to an audience.

Hypnos said:
DC and Marvel have pretty much got their whole lineup planned out for the next decade, though that could all change depending on how well or poorly the films go, the Amazing Spider-Man was supposed to branch out into a massive franchise yet after that flopped Sony just gave up and sold it off to Disney, and I doubt we'll be seeing any more Fox produced Fantastic Four films (Though to be fair to Fox I still think they're doing a great job with X-Men and Deadpool)
Magniicant Seven looks like one of those thinks I'll watch about a year after it's released and then get really into westerns for about a month and watching nothing but them.
I wish Fox would just sell F4 and associated IP back to Marvel/Disney. Every time they put Victor von Doom on the Silver Screen, a part of me dies. He's a really really awesome character in the comics. He would make the perfect multi movie Villain against the Avengers (considering unlike most villain, he actually took over the world. 4-5 times). If Wade shows up in Apocalypse, even for just one line to confuse/piss everyone off, I will watch that film. Otherwise, I'm pretty meh about it. Can't really see Sansa as Jean Grey :/

If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend Unforgiven by Eastwood for your month Old Western Binge. A Cinematic Classic, not just for the genre, but for movies as a whole.

[QUOTE="Robyn Banks]All I have to say is DC is better at TV shows and marvel is good at Movies. That's just the fact of life at this point.

[/QUOTE]
Eh, I prefer Daredevil over Arrow tbh. Though Frank and Slate's appeal to me are equal.

[/QUOTE]
I can't watch Arrow and the Flash, they are just not very enjoyable IMO.

Gotham however is very good, but I REFUSE to watch super girl just seeing clips of it makes me want to vomit.

I think Marvel is far superior with Daredevil, (Jessica Jones was only good for Luke Cage and Killgrave IMO)

Hypnos said:
DC has better characters, Marvel just knows how to use theirs to appeal to an audience.
Basically yes. Though superman I can argue with but not today. Fox is doing a pretty good job with X-men but I think it would be better if Marvel was just under one company. Though Disney is over doing it since a movie comes out every other year so I'm hyped but not really.

OK Daredevil is decent I'll give it that but I like how arrow has more characters.

[QUOTE="Robyn Banks]Basically yes. Though superman I can argue with but not today. Fox is doing a pretty good job with X-men but I think it would be better if Marvel was just under one company. Though Disney is over doing it since a movie comes out every other year so I'm hyped but not really.
OK Daredevil is decent I'll give it that but I like how arrow has more characters.

[/QUOTE]
Wait until the Punisher and Iron Fist series comes out, then I think Marvel might have just as much shows about heroes as DC does. Not to mention the eventual Defenders series/movie (street level heroes).

Of course not trying to down on DC or anything. I really enjoyed what I saw in Young Justice and apparently Legends of Tomorrow is pretty good too.

WanderingJester said:
I wish Fox would just sell F4 and associated IP back to Marvel/Disney. Every time they put Victor von Doom on the Silver Screen, a part of me dies. He's a really really awesome character in the comics. He would make the perfect multi movie Villain against the Avengers (considering unlike most villain, he actually took over the world. 4-5 times). If Wade shows up in Apocolypse, even for just one line to confuse/piss everyone off, I will watch that film. Otherwise, I'm pretty meh about it. Can't really see Sansa as Jean Grey :/
If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend Unforgiven by Eastwood for your month Old Western Binge. A Cinematic Classic, not just for the genre, but for movies as a whole.

Eh, I prefer Daredevil over Arrow tbh. Though Frank and Slate's appeal to me are equal.
I think the problem is it will be a bit jarring seeing her because you'll instantly think Sansa, it was the same with Dinklage in the last film: when he came on screen literally everyone in the cinama was whispering some variation of "That's Tyrion" I tend to enjoy the X-Men films though and since this is probably going to be the last of the past trilogy it will be nice to see how it ends, I really like McAvoy and Fassbender as Xavier and Magneto (Though Stewart and McKellen are still the best) and it'll be sad to see the end of them.

Lancelot said:
I can't watch Arrow and the Flash, they are just not very enjoyable IMO.
Gotham however is very good, but I REFUSE to watch super girl just seeing clips of it makes me want to vomit.

I think Marvel is far superior with Daredevil, (Jessica Jones was only good for Luke Cage and Killgrave IMO)
There are too many Superhero shows to keep up with at this point, I'm about halfway through watching most of them yet I never manage to finish, there's just not enough time in the day.

[QUOTE="Robyn Banks]Basically yes. Though superman I can argue with but not today. Fox is doing a pretty good job with X-men but I think it would be better if Marvel was just under one company. Though Disney is over doing it since a movie comes out every other year so I'm hyped but not really.

[/QUOTE]
The problem is it would be hard to implement mutants into the MCU since load of other people have superpowers and everyone seems ok with that, which kind of ruins the whole Mutants as outcasts thing that the films are based around.

I like Superman as a character but I'm not much of a fan of how he's been portrayed on the big screen and I honestly don't think we'll ever see a great movie Superman. The problem is he's too powerful, he can beat up pretty much anything so the traditional movie format of beating up a big bad doesn't work. What makes Superman so great is his humanity and how he's willing to just be a nice guy, Batman goes and beats up thugs in the street at night, but Superman will hover around and save a kitten from a tree. I think my favourite Superman comic was one where he saved someone from suicide by just talking to them, he didn't use his powers he just sat there and talked to them about life, it didn't matter that other crime was going on because Supes just wanted to save this one, otherwise unimportant person.

Hypnos said:
I think the problem is it will be a bit jarring seeing her because you'll instantly think Sansa, it was the same with Dinklage in the last film: when he came on screen literally everyone in the cinama was whispering some variation of "That's Tyrion" I tend to enjoy the X-Men films though and since this is probably going to be the last of the past trilogy it will be nice to see how it ends, I really like McAvoy and Fassbender as Xavier and Magneto (Though Stewart and McKellen are still the best) and it'll be sad to see the end of them.
There are too many Superhero shows to keep up with at this point, I'm about halfway through watching most of them yet I never manage to finish, there's just not enough time in the day.

The problem is it would be hard to implement mutants into the MCU since load of other people have superpowers and everyone seems ok with that, which kind of ruins the whole Mutants as outcasts thing that the films are based around.

I like Superman as a character but I'm not much of a fan of how he's been portrayed on the big screen and I honestly don't think we'll ever see a great movie Superman. The problem is he's too powerful, he can beat up pretty much anything so the traditional movie format of beating up a big bad doesn't work. What makes Superman so great is his humanity and how he's willing to just be a nice guy, Batman goes and beats up thugs in the street at night, but Superman will hover around and save a kitten from a tree. I think my favourite Superman comic was one where he saved someone from suicide by just talking to them, he didn't use his powers he just sat there and talked to them about life, it didn't matter that other crime was going on because Supes just wanted to save this one, otherwise unimportant person.
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with McAvoy and Fassbender but I'll feel bad about seeing Steward and McKellen go. It was really inevitable but at least their successors are up to the task. Also agree with Sansa, though for me it's just the vast difference between Sansa Stark and Jean Grey. To go from portraying a relatively helpless girl to a force of nature (in Dark Phoenix) is probably the most jarring thing for me. Perhaps if the actress worked her way up like ScarJo did with building more of a powerful badass woman imagery around her look it would work.

If Marvel ever got X-Men back (probably never now with the success of Deadpool), I'm sure they'll incorporate it adequately into the MCU.

I hate the actor who played Deadpool. I dislike the character Deadpool. I am somewhat tired of comicbook movies.

I -LOVED- Deadpool.

TheAncientCenturion said:
I hate the actor who played Deadpool. I dislike the character Deadpool. I am somewhat tired of comicbook movies.
I -LOVED- Deadpool.
I liked Deadpool but I don't think it was the best film ever like many people seem to think. But then again I'm not really a fan of the character either (Though I don't really have an opinion on Ryan Reynolds)

Hypnos said:
I liked Deadpool but I don't think it was the best film ever like many people seem to think. But then again I'm not really a fan of the character either (Though I don't really have an opinion on Ryan Reynolds)
Oh, it's definitely not the best film ever. But as far as comic book movies go, it's in my top ten.

I should say, unpopular opinion time, I don't read comics and I have a very slim interest in them. So most of the movies just are hit or misses for me.

Oh, it's definitely not the best film ever. But as far as comic book movies go, it's in my top ten.
I should say, unpopular opinion time, I don't read comics and I have a very slim interest in them. So most of the movies just are hit or misses for me.
Out of curiosity what are the rest of the ten?

Why do you hate Ryan Reynolds? Also curious about that.

Hypnos said:
Out of curiosity what are the rest of the ten?
  1. The Dark Knight
  2. Captain America Winter Soldier
  3. Iron Man (1)
  4. X-men (1)
  5. Days of Future Past
  6. X-men (2)
  7. Batman (1989)
  8. Guardians of the Galaxy
  9. Deadpool
  10. Spiderman (1st - Toby Edition)

Nope, nor am I a fan of Happy Madison productions. Those movies just aren't for me.
Fair enough. We have very different tastes, you and I.

Do you enjoy Will Ferrell's works btw?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back