• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Elendithas said:
So I just missed 20 pages of OOC. Anything really important happen in there?
Nothing I can think of. A few of us are trying really hard to ship Braevira, but other than that, just been talks of the show and how it's ruining everything with the new season (apparently, can't testify to that myself. Haven't seen it myself :| )

On an unrelated note, I finally found the motivation to watch the Force Awakens. Have to say, it's a pretty fun family movie, but it does have its faults with inconsistencies in the plot. Also, I'm really not a fan of the new "canon" even more so now that I've seen what it is.

TheAncientCenturion said:
The Old Canon had a lot of bad points. Like all the super powerful, edgy sith.
I'll take super powerful, edgy sith over some punk like Kylo Ren any day of the week. Then again, I'm an old republics fan, where having a lightsaber doesn't make you a superhero, so I'm naturally more incline to lean towards the Rule of One or pre Rule of Two days.

WanderingJester said:
I'll take super powerful, edgy sith over some punk like Kylo Ren any day of the week. Then again, I'm an old republics fan, where having a lightsaber doesn't make you a superhero, so I'm naturally more incline to lean towards the Rule of One or pre Rule of Two days.
We are the exact opposite, I am a big fan of the Empire, and actively dislike the Prequels. Most of the Old Republic doesn't do much for me either.

We are the exact opposite, I am a big fan of the Empire, and actively dislike the Prequels. Most of the Old Republic doesn't do much for me either.
I'm okay with that. I know people that don't like the multi-jedi fighting multi-sith battles and I get how the mysticism of a force wielder can capture audiences (I knew I was at first) when they watch Star Wars. I think you'll enjoy the new trilogy/"canon" a lot better than me because of that. I also actively dislike the Prequels, but more for the whiny Anakin and Jar Jar Binks.

On the other hand, I don't think that people who can wield the force and use lightsabers should be elevated to another level. It's like a person who have a talent that aid them greatly in life. It shouldn't make it so that if you ever had to fight one it's instant death unless you've got force powers too. A quote from the Old Republic resonates with me best with this sentiment.

"Not all heroes carry Lightsabers, some just have the will to fight."

WanderingJester said:
I'm okay with that. I know people that don't like the multi-jedi fighting multi-sith battles and I get how the mysticism of a force wielder can capture audiences (I knew I was at first) when they watch Star Wars. I think you'll enjoy the new trilogy/"canon" a lot better than me because of that. I also actively dislike the Prequels, but more for the whiny Anakin and Jar Jar Binks.
On the other hand, I don't think that people who can wield the force and use lightsabers should be elevated to another level. It's like a person who have a talent that aid them greatly in life. It shouldn't make it so that if you ever had to fight one it's instant death unless you've got force powers too. A quote from the Old Republic resonates with me best with this sentiment.

"Not all heroes carry Lightsabers, some just have the will to fight."
I think my disdain for the prequels can be best summed up by the Redlettermedia Mr. Plinkett reviews. It's a very concise articulation on why they're bad, but they tend to go a bit too far in some areas. I find the lore behind the Clone Wars (explored in the cartoon) to be entertaining and fun. Albeit it would be better if it wasn't tethered down by the established movie canon, but it's fine.

The Old Republic just gets too crazy for me. You get all these hyper powerful characters, some sith that can exterminate life easily, and the believablity dies for me. I agree that all Jedi and Sith shouldn't be inherently superior, but if you're to mention Luke (Post-RotJ) Vader, Sidious, I'd disagree. I also am not a big fan of the super energetic fighting scenes that can happen in the old canon. . I like the very realistic sword battles. Well, realistic is the wrong word to use, but you get my drift.

I'm just a hard OG Triology guy, and I most likely will enjoy the new trilogy because of the reminiscent elements it has with the first three movies.

New goal to add on to my current list:

• Star Wars RP

It'll be just below;

• Finishing Part 2 post
  • Finishing Part 2 Post
  • Marrying Emilia Clarke
  • Editing Part 2 Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my disdain for the prequels can be best summed up by the Redlettermedia Mr. Plinkett reviews. It's a very concise articulation on why they're bad, but they tend to go a bit too far in some areas. I find the lore behind the Clone Wars (explored in the cartoon) to be entertaining and fun. Albeit it would be better if it wasn't tethered down by the established movie canon, but it's fine.
The Old Republic just gets too crazy for me. You get all these hyper powerful characters, some sith that can exterminate life easily, and the believablity dies for me. I agree that all Jedi and Sith shouldn't be inherently superior, but if you're to mention Luke (Post-RotJ) Vader, Sidious, I'd disagree. I also am not a big fan of the super energetic fighting scenes that can happen in the old canon. . I like the very realistic sword battles. Well, realistic is the wrong word to use, but you get my drift.

I'm just a hard OG Triology guy, and I most likely will enjoy the new trilogy because of the reminiscent elements it has with the first three movies.

New goal to add on to my current list:

• Star Wars RP

It'll be just below;

• Finishing Part 2 post
  • Finishing Part 2 Post
  • Marrying Emilia Clarke
  • Editing Part 2 Post.
You raise fair points. I have to say I enjoy the 2003 Clone Wars series over the 3D one, but more for the art design and target audience. It really showcased how powerful Yoda and Windu were.

I have to say we're moving into subjective areas here, which is fine. We just enjoy different things. I like the wide spread story setting of the Old Republic, where you don't have to be one of the seven main characters to help influence the galaxy dramatically. I understand the power level things though, but we'll have to disagree there. One of my favorite characters is Starkiller; he fought Vader and Sidious back to back and won both times. Too bad they discontinued the games for him. I never liked Sidious being so untouchable with his power. To me Darth Bane even could've taken Sidious around the block or two. As for the sword fights, I get what you mean, but I prefer fast pace, acrobatic fights that moves as fluidly as they are quickly, using every trick in the book. Nothing like a Sith kneeing someone in the face right in the middle of a saber fight.

I'm glad you and millions of others will enjoy the new trilogy. I probably will too, just not to the same extent.

WanderingJester said:
You raise fair points. I have to say I enjoy the 2003 Clone Wars series over the 3D one, but more for the art design and target audience. It really showcased how powerful Yoda and Windu were.
I have to say we're moving into subjective areas here, which is fine. We just enjoy different things. I like the wide spread story setting of the Old Republic, where you don't have to be one of the seven main characters to help influence the galaxy dramatically. I understand the power level things though, but we'll have to disagree there. One of my favorite characters is Starkiller; he fought Vader and Sidious back to back and won both times. Too bad they discontinued the games for him. I never liked Sidious being so untouchable with his power. To me Darth Bane even could've taken Sidious around the block or two. As for the sword fights, I get what you mean, but I prefer fast pace, acrobatic fights that moves as fluidly as they are quickly, using every trick in the book. Nothing like a Sith kneeing someone in the face right in the middle of a saber fight.

I'm glad you and millions of others will enjoy the new trilogy. I probably will too, just not to the same extent.
One think I'll always have a problem with in starwars is how the clones ending up being so shit as they became stormtroopers instead of the bad asses and elite soldiers they were, which is one reason I loved the clone wars. Ashoka is still one of my favorite characters as well. Though your write that I feel certain people like Windu and Yoda were highly underrated because they couldn't stop the fall of the Jedi, Yoda especially as well as some of the minor Jedi Masters elaborated apon like Kitt Fisco and Ayula Secura

Akio said:
One think I'll always have a problem with in starwars is how the clones ending up being so shit as they became stormtroopers instead of the bad asses and elite soldiers they were, which is one reason I loved the clone wars. Ashoka is still one of my favorite characters as well. Though your write that I feel certain people like Windu and Yoda were highly underrated because they couldn't stop the fall of the Jedi, Yoda especially as well as some of the minor Jedi Masters elaborated apon like Kitt Fisco and Ayula Secura
The series with Ashoka isn't the Clone Wars series I was talking about. I personally think Aayla Secura isn't as powerful as she should be as a Jedi Master, but that's purely subjective.

The Prequels are good for Ewan McGregor, the Old Trilogy is good for Harrison Ford.

And err the New Trilogy in my opinion is just good, I really liked it despite all of the bandwagon hate it gets.

You dare deface Cethann's good name @Hypnos? Prepare to have a bunch of streeturchins piss on your doorstep and fart in your general direction.
I think this only serves to reinforce my points...

"I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last."

This episode was much better IMO and it has given me many reasons to watch the show.

Bran is looking older and badass.

Meera is looking cute af.

Euron is here.

Tormund and WunWun are here.

The Roose is Loose (:'()

I missed a star wars discussion!?

tumblr_lwi9hmZhjF1qa4ihzo1_500.gif

[QUOTE="Robyn Banks]I missed a star wars discussion!?
tumblr_lwi9hmZhjF1qa4ihzo1_500.gif

[/QUOTE]
You can still discuss it xD . It's not like it's now a banned topic or anything lol

Hypnos said:
I still haven't seen the newest Star Wars, I've been meaning to for ages but I never got around to it.
That was me for the longest time. I finally got motivated after seeing how good Ant-Man was. Have to say while it was a good movie, I was disappointed (for reasons I've stated before). Perhaps it's my fault for setting my expectations so high I suppose.

WanderingJester said:
That was me for the longest time. I finally got motivated after seeing how good Ant-Man was. Have to say while it was a good movie, I was disappointed (for reasons I've stated before). Perhaps it's my fault for setting my expectations so high I suppose.
I mean, I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan so I don't think I need to worry about any expanded universe stuff getting erased or stuff like that and I've heard good things about it, it's just never been a priority like other films. Plus it's pretty much been spoiled to hell at this point so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back