• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song Of Ice And Fire / Game Of Thrones RP [ Now Open! ]

Hey Guys!

@Atom @QuirkyAngel @LittleWolfie

I hate to be a bit of an ass wipe, but, could you guys post soon? I really want to get this roleplay going and you guys have signed up, but, you have yet to post.

I don't want to be pushy, but could you guys please post before Thursday? So I know you are still interested in being in the roleplay.

Thanks!

I'm interested but I doubt I can post before Thursday. Things have come up in real life and I've also got a hosted project I've got to manage now. But I am still interested.

WinterIsComing said:
Hey Guys!
@Atom @QuirkyAngel @LittleWolfie

I hate to be a bit of an ass wipe, but, could you guys post soon? I really want to get this roleplay going and you guys have signed up, but, you have yet to post.

I don't want to be pushy, but could you guys please post before Thursday? So I know you are still interested in being in the roleplay.

Thanks!
I'm currently trying to work out my post now actually, just struggling a bit I think, hopefully inspiration will strike soon

Atom said:
I'm interested but I doubt I can post before Thursday. Things have come up in real life and I've also got a hosted project I've got to manage now. But I am still interested.
Would you possibly be able to get a post in by the end of the week? If you can, then I'm fine. I understand completely that real life can get in the way. I just want to make sure you'll post!

LittleWolfie said:
I'm currently trying to work out my post now actually, just struggling a bit I think, hopefully inspiration will strike soon
Awesome! Thanks. Try an' listen to some epic soundtracks. That usually does it for me and makes me quite creative, haha.

WinterIsComing said:
Would you possibly be able to get a post in by the end of the week? If you can, then I'm fine. I understand completely that real life can get in the way. I just want to make sure you'll post!
Awesome! Thanks. Try an' listen to some epic soundtracks. That usually does it for me and makes me quite creative, haha.
I can try, although I'm not the best at Rping alone and currently I don't think there are any other Lannisters. It'd be easier if I could work something out with someone but I'll try to get one by the end of the week.

WinterIsComing said:
Thanks for the tip, might have to do some researching on what it's like down in the Stormlands too for ideas

LittleWolfie said:
Thanks for the tip, might have to do some researching on what it's like down in the Stormlands too for ideas
The Stormlands are perfectly detailed here in this link. There are a few spoiler-ish details at the end of the page, but, they're easy to avoid. It has a lot about the history, and the environment, and everything else you need to know about!

WinterIsComing said:
The Stormlands are perfectly detailed here in this link. There are a few spoiler-ish details at the end of the page, but, they're easy to avoid. It has a lot about the history, and the environment, and everything else you need to know about!
Thank you so much!

Atom said:
I can try, although I'm not the best at Rping alone and currently I don't think there are any other Lannisters. It'd be easier if I could work something out with someone but I'll try to get one by the end of the week.
You could certainly use that post to try and establish connections with other houses, or, if it helps, do what I did and act with NPCs to drive your character to non linear heights!

Also, hate to be a bother, but could we set up a time scale? Timing is pretty important for such an in depth rp, and I *think* I might have set the Boltons 2 days ahead of everyone else, or at least just the Martell girl.

Maybe we could set the days as in congruence with the real timeline. The year seems to be 221 AL, a few years after the Blackfyre Rebellion. Seeing as how there are exactly 365 days in a year for the Game of Thrones characters, cited by GRRM, and Winter is approaching... It has been 13 years since the last winter... That would mean that it would be just about October 5th (Considering the day that I have put the Bolton's on).

This is all head math, and consideration of winter and farming seasons, as well as moon turns. Is everyone okay with a calendar, set very similarly to our own, in which the 'moon turns' are separated and tracked in a calendar tab, and when everyone has concluded actions for a time, a new day arises? Might be a little easier to keep everyone together if organized, but will be some extra work (In which we could all contribute to if need be.) Example...

Year 221 AL - Summer - 10th Moon Turn - 5th Day ?

I think it would be a very good thing to do, I just don't know if we would all be able to keep up with it. I could see myself taking it into account and then losing track unfortunately, but I wouldn't mine trying. That's just me

Well, as long as we all consent to a change in day, or hell, if the GM @WinterIsComing decides that we have reached enough actions for a day, then we just add a finishing post, and form a timeline in the tab of the first post, and order important events and when they occur, which I think would be awesome if actual, very important and intense stuff, we can track it all. I personally would love that.

Tzun said:
Well, as long as we all consent to a change in day, or hell, if the GM @WinterIsComing decides that we have reached enough actions for a day, then we just add a finishing post, and form a timeline in the tab of the first post, and order important events and when they occur, which I think would be awesome if actual, very important and intense stuff, we can track it all. I personally would love that.
I am down for establishing a number of posts from everyone constituting a passage of time; a few days or weeks depending on what all is happening, and which would be decided by either all of us or GM. I think that would allow for everyone to get their actions in while still keeping a reasonable pace on time passing.

Now I see where these loyalties lie. Good Gods are the Tyrells all I have? My bannermen might soon become a farce to any conflict.

"The North is full of ice; alliances shatter just as easily here." -Ser Kyllan Bolton

Just as well, has Hal sent men to the Dreadfort, or was that just contemplation? Has he decided what move he's gonna take, or are you gonna discuss it with your wife before that?

Well, I will say that the letter was only meant as an opening correspondence. Bryce is fairly new afield and he needs to reach out there, I would expect Bolton would get one soon as well; so don't go talking about loyalties just yet. (>u>)

Tzun said:
You could certainly use that post to try and establish connections with other houses, or, if it helps, do what I did and act with NPCs to drive your character to non linear heights!

Also, hate to be a bother, but could we set up a time scale? Timing is pretty important for such an in depth rp, and I *think* I might have set the Boltons 2 days ahead of everyone else, or at least just the Martell girl.

Maybe we could set the days as in congruence with the real timeline. The year seems to be 221 AL, a few years after the Blackfyre Rebellion. Seeing as how there are exactly 365 days in a year for the Game of Thrones characters, cited by GRRM, and Winter is approaching... It has been 13 years since the last winter... That would mean that it would be just about October 5th (Considering the day that I have put the Bolton's on).

This is all head math, and consideration of winter and farming seasons, as well as moon turns. Is everyone okay with a calendar, set very similarly to our own, in which the 'moon turns' are separated and tracked in a calendar tab, and when everyone has concluded actions for a time, a new day arises? Might be a little easier to keep everyone together if organized, but will be some extra work (In which we could all contribute to if need be.) Example...

Year 221 AL - Summer - 10th Moon Turn - 5th Day ?
I didn't even think of such a thing. Well done, dude. I might request another tab and add it in there.

Tzun said:
Now I see where these loyalties lie. Good Gods are the Tyrells all I have? My bannermen might soon become a farce to any conflict.
"The North is full of ice; alliances shatter just as easily here." -Ser Kyllan Bolton

Just as well, has Hal sent men to the Dreadfort, or was that just contemplation? Has he decided what move he's gonna take, or are you gonna discuss it with your wife before that?
Hal is going to try and discuss it with Kerith. Although, speaking of timelines, I might actually have Rory gather up a few men and head off to The Dreadfort as a diplomat of sorts. I could have that Hal's scenes are before Rory's scenes, and, the letter sent to Torrhen's Square is a letter from Hal- telling Rory to travel back to Winterfell, and then to The Dreadfort.

Sounds good. I can see their landing in either two ways. Mead and lemon cakes or some flayed meat for the ravens. Rory needs to tread carefully on thin ice.

Tzun said:
Sounds good. I can see their landing in either two ways. Mead and lemon cakes or some flayed meat for the ravens. Rory needs to tread carefully on thin ice.
Definitely.

As much as I love 'em- The Starks have never been the brightest of people. And I want to try and incorporate their ignorance into the roleplay. Hal is definitely ignorant to the politics of Westeros. He was born a ruler, and that is all he has ever done. He has never had to forge a major alliance, or, stab a person in the back.

I kind of want Rory to be a bit more in-tune with diplomacy and the way things work in Westeros.

I like to make Durran the diplomatic one, and Verys the war-like, very little skill in diplomacy, something needed here in the south. Oh the ways it could evolve makes me giggle in anticipation.

Pentagon said:
Alright, I'm real interested in playing this. Is the overview up to date in terms of spots open, and is there anything I need to do to get involved?

Wait, nvm, as far as I can tell most slots are filled, but I think I'm right in saying there is no leader of House Baratheon right now. I'll get in on that if I'm accepted into the game.
I'm only seeing this now, haha! Sorry man.

There are plenty of spaces left!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back