A Court of Kings

"Shall I prepare some fine wine your Majesty?" Atticus trailed behind them but spoke regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Genevieve remained silent during this exchange, not wanting to interrupt and being her usual shy self. She watched these men talk and upon hearing of Victor's coronation, her heart skipped. The coronation was so soon?

Seeing more people, Cassie sneaked away towards Evalyn's chambers, who also followed behind Cassie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once entering her chambers with Princess Cassie, they sat down to talk. "Shall I ask if any new information became relevant to finding your father?" Evanlyn asked.

"Yes Milady. It seems that he has left our kingdom and took refuge here; somewhere in Tremont." Cassie replied and hearing a knock on the door and someone entering.

Genevieve left the room before her feelings became obvious. He was so close to her and she did nothing. She felt stupid as she went to explore the castle.

Atticus had left the throne room and was once again sneaking into the library. But he quickly left when he saw Genevieve and bowed to her, "Milady are you lost?"

Genevieve curtsied to the young lord. "Hello, Lord Atticus. I'm just looking for..." She couldn't answer the man. "No, I'm not lost." She quickly tried to hide her blush.

Atticus looked up with slight horror, "M-Milady, I'm sorry to point out when you are in the wrong but I am no Lord. I'm Lord Victors servant."

She blushed at her own mistake. "Forgive me. I wasn't thinking." Turning away from him, she sighed. "Forgive me, but I must go."

Atticus stood firmly, "please inform me if you need anything." Atticus bowed and waited for her to leave before stepping back into the library. He put the book he had before back onto the shelf before reaching and grabbing another. He knew he wasn't aloud in there but it just felt good to be around books. He thought as he speed walked towards his shared quarters, to hide it away.

Victor sat at his throne, waiting for that evening. He looked around the throne room at the legacies of the kings before him.

Cassie and Evalyn headed back to the throne room for the evening. Cassie stayed quiet as she watched Victor on his throne.

Atticus reappeared behind Victor silently, his absence unknown to many.

"Nervous Your Majesty?" He questioned noticing Victors tense shoulders.

Genevieve noticed that the servant had headed back to the throne room and followed him inside. "Dear Victor! You look so put out. What ails you?"

Still watching Victor, Cassie felt tension as the blacksmith came up to her holding the coronation sword. "Good evening Milady Cassie." He said. "Good evening Brandon. Is that the blade you worked for?" She asked. "Yes, the coronation sword is complete and shall be used." He replied. Silence hung as she still watched Victor who soon made eye contact a he spoke with Atticus and Genevieve.

"Less than before Atticus, tonight I'll be crowned the King of Lormont, I should rejoice rather than feel nervous my friend."

Atticus nodded, "of course, and if I'm aloud to say I wish to tell you I'm proud of how far you've come your Majesty."

A shorter man walked up to the throne, "Hello your majesty, I am a representative of King Anton Alonette of Duphonte, I have been sent by his majesty to wish you well upon your crowning."

Genevieve witnessed this, but didn't know what to say, nor did she want to speak, for fear of saying something stupid in front of the gracious host.

"Y-Yes, your highness. Of course I am. Thank you for your invitation." She bowed to Victor in respect.

Baldur entered the throne room as casually as he could despite his size. His hands behind his back with his right hand resting on the staff of his scythe due to habit. He saw that Victor was engaged in conversation, so he leaned against a pillar close to the throne and decided to wait and watch the occupants of the room.

"As for you representative, thank you very much. How is your king?" Victor asked sternly. 
"King Alonette is well your majesty, he sent me to bring good tidings and wishes to see you at the summit." The man told him with a bow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back