A Court of Kings

"This conversation never happened. If people find I'm alive, her live will be in danger more than she is. Your majesty, good evening." Sao Neal as he left the way he came.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

"It's quite alright Princess, please have a seat" Victor replied as he pulled her a chair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Thank you." She sat. "I've come to inquire when we shall return. My presence here is putting innocent lives at risk."

"I've also come for permission to bring another with us. At dawn, once court is opened I shall inquire with King Andre."

"As it's my fault Cassius has been killed, Sir Seler is broken hearted. With that, he as promised to protect me and given his status here, shall be passed along at Termont."

"Very well. Now we must get rest. If you see Lady Katherine tell her I must speak to her father"

"I shall. Good evening my King. I shall say, what beautiful wind chimes." Said Cassie as she left his chambers.

King Victor smiled at the comment about the chimes as he sat in his bed.

Lady Katherine's father, Carlton, paced his room. He received news this afternoon. News that will change his daughters life for the good of mankind, or will destroy her.

Carlton waited anxiously in his chambers, his brow furrowed in thought. After all, he does not have to tell his daughter. Carlton thought to himself - If it has taken them 18 years to figure out, no one will be suspicious. They could flee and have enough time to never be found again.

"My lord. Have a seat, it's time we've had a talk. As you know we are going to war"

Although wide awake from the evenings events, lady Katherine slipped into her bed. The luxurious silk sheets caressed her body as she restlessly tossed and turned. Kat tried to count sheep, focus on her breathing, asked the maid for a drink of water, etc. However, nothing seemed to free her of her inability to drift off. 
Startled, Carlton looked at the king and turned away. "Yes. Yes, your grace I've heard."

Princess Cassie met the maid gettig a glass of water for lady Katherine an offered to bring it back. Cassie knocked on the door of her chambers. "Lady Katherine, I have the glass of water you requested."

"It was my pleasure. I was on my way to my chambers after a short meeting with Victor. He request me to tell you he needed to see thee, when you may." Cassie handed the cup to Katherine and sat on her bed. "Are you alright my lady?"

"Honestly princess, I'm not too sure." Lady Katherine said, taking a sip of water and hoping for it to wash away all her worry. "I will be sure to meet the King in the morrow." She said, taking another sip. "Now, princess, why are you still awake?"

"I'll be absolute with you, you're now part of my council. I've grown rather fond of your daughter. In times like these the kingdom could benefit from having a queen" Victor said as he drank from his glass

Carlton couldn't help but shudder. Every last word that came from the mouth of the king was so mislead, so unaware of what was truly going on. The alleged father of Katherine forced a smile, and plopped down in a comfortable chair. He was getting a little old to be dealing with such matters, Carlton thought, as he wiped a bead of sweat from his forehead.

"Well..." Victor said impatiently

Seler returned to Cassie's door as he knocked and called out to her, hearing the voices inside the room

"Yes, your majesty?" Carlton asks, looking at the king. He would refuse to tell anyone but Katherine the truth, unless absolutely necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back