A Court of Kings

Sir Seler approached Katherine seeing her leave suddenly. "My lady. Anything troubling you?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Of course not, sir." Katherine said, biting her bottom lip as she looked out onto the castles garden. "What makes you ask?"

"I just have a way of reading people. I have a way my lady. We've met before haven't we?" Seler asked with an eyebrow raised

"Not to my immediate recognition." Katherine said, smiling. "I'm sure it must have been brief."

She looked around the garden yet again, breathing in the flowers with such wonder and appreciation.

Seler smiled his charming smile as he laughed slightly. "I'm Sir Seler the lovely, as they call me"

A laugh escaped Katherine's red lips, as she was not quite sure what to make of the situation. "Alright then, Sir Seler the Lovely." She said, still maintaining a distracted look every so often to scan for her uncle and any new news.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Please my lady" Seler said with a smile suddenly thinking back to the night before as his expression grew more mournful. He tried his hardest masking it in court.

"What is it?" Katherine asked, picking up on his expression change from positive to rather sad. Kat was unaware of the previous nights hardships, as she was busy on her own.

"My lady it was the servant who was killed. We were very close.. Friends my lady"

"Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss." Katherine says, her own expression growing dim as she bowed her head.

Carlton received back a letter from Amoria the next day. The country was only a short distance, but still, the information was of the utmost importance.

Victor sent a guard requesting Carlton's presence. He stood outside in the garden.

Carlton read the contents of the letter before a guard entered his chambers and told him that the king requested his presence. He exhaled a breath of relief and met the king outside. "Greetings, your majesty."

"Lord Carlton. As part of my council you should know we plan to reign supreme. We will build the greatest dynasty ever known. You shall be part of this glory, but first I would ask you step forward from the shadows. You seem far too secretive"

"I'm not sure what you mean, my King." Carlton began, choosing his words carefully. "My secrets are not held to threaten the monarch of Tremont, but are there to ensure the success of another country. One of which I am loyal to."

"Such concerns me." Victor said, arms behind his back. "Who's interests are you looking after exactly?"

Carlton hesitated. "That of Amoria, the neighboring country to Tremont. I am absolutely positive that you've heard of such land."

"I am my lord. I must know what you're planning with them. Until further notice such a thing will be seen as a threat." Victor replied crossly.

"Think of it not as a threat, but a potential alliance. Especially since you seem so fond of Lady Katherine, whom in truth is my niece."

"Interesting. Tell me more" Victor said far more intrigued than before

As Carlton pondered the pros and cons of the truth, he made up his mind. "Allow me to begin from the beginning. The Queen of Amoria had a sister named Mary, whom was married to my brother George. Together, they had a daughter. However, after the death of the mother, the baby's father feared for his child's life, thus putting her in his brothers care to raise as his own." Carlton said, watching as the King began to understand.

"18 years later, the line of succession proved the Queen to not have an immediate successor... Leaving the next in line.. To be..."

"I understand" Victor responded. "Speak to them for me, tell them they have the full support of my kingdom"

Carlton knew the king didn't fully comprehend. "Your majesty, Katherine is now the Queen of Amoria." He said, looking at him carefully.

"I understand that. Why hasn't she taken the throne" Victor asked curiously

"She hadn't known of it until last night. I debated hiding the truth from her but it wouldn't have lasted all that long. Katherine needs to grow up, be responsible." Carlton said.

"After the queen's death, the government officials began trying to drag Katherine to her duties. Willingly or not."

"It is her duty, the country needs a queen" Victor told him.

Sir Seler walked into the large room where Cassius' body lay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back