• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Zombie Apocalypse! (Always accepting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angela looks slightly unsurely at the man

"Y-Yeah,. g-g-g-go ah-ahead." She whispered, as a faint sob came out of her throat.

@Kenjinx

Hartley pursed his lips, letting out a deep breath through his nose and reaching for the doorknob.

"If they broke in once, they can break in again. We should be careful in this house." He turned the doorknob as he spoke, slowly opening the door and peering down through the doorway into the basement. Bayonet ready, he began to walk down the stairs.

Angela slowly looks around her, breathing a little bick panicky

There is a faint growl heard in the basement.

Hartley slowed his pace slightly as he heard the growl, holding his breath as to not make noise; if something was down there, he wanted to hear it before it heard him. He continued down the stairs, peering around the staircase with squinted eyes as he reached the bottom to investigate the source of the noise.

There is a body of a probably 56 year old man, and a zombie is slowly eating him. It appears to be the mother of Angela's

Hartley pulled his head back around the corner, reeling from the combined sight and smell coming from the basement. He processed what he had just seen, although whatever conclusions he had come to seemed unimportant at the moment. He leaned back around the corner and raised his rifle, aiming for the creature devouring the corpse and slowly moving his finger to the trigger. He went to fire, and-

No, he can't do that. There could be more, it wouldn't be worth the risk of attracting them. Hartley moved his finger back up to rest on the side of the trigger guard, creeping towards the scene slowly. He drew his rifle back before moving forward with it, attempting to spear the monster before it could react.

Last edited by a moderator:
The zombie kept on eating, growling quietly. There was no zombie around. Tools were neatly hung up on the walls.

Angela walks around her room nervously, biting her lips.

Hartley grunted, stepping forward and planting one of his feet down strongly, thrusting the bayonet into the side of the creature's head in hopes of silencing the thing. He had hoped it would be enough to kill the thing, but he would have to resort to the objects around him if it proved to be more difficult.

The creature moaned, as it fell down onto the floor, it's head being heavily damaged. It appears to be dead.

Angela comes back downstairs, as she stares at the doors to the basement.

Hartley let out a light sigh of relief, placing his boot on the thing's shoulder and yanking his bayonet free. He quickly ran the sides of the bayonet across the closest thing he could find, turning back to the staircase and beginning to climb once more at a quick pace.

"Hell..." he mumbled to himself under his breath, giving one last quick glance back down to the basement to make sure there were no more surprises. He pushed the door open back to the room where he and Angela had entered the house.

Angela notices Hartley, as she nearly jumps towards him

"A-And?!" She asks, worried as hell, breathing frantically.

"Well, I ain't hurt." Hartley wiped his forehead with the top of his arm as he spoke. He looked at Angela, trying to find the right words. "I... don't think there's anything down there right now. Anything dangerous, anyway. It's clear." he pursed his lips, cutting himself off there.

Angela looks slightly saddened at Hartley, as she sighs

"T-T--TT-THey're d-d-d-dead... a-a-aren't they?" She asks, slowly tearing up.

Hartley simply gave a slight nod, planting the stock of his rifle into the floor and leaning.

"I still don't know if the whole place is safe, but... take your time if you need to." Hartley spoke quietly, unsure of what he could do at this point other than simply keep watch.

Angela nods, as she slowly walks towards the exit door. She opens it, and walks towards the car, sobbing quietly. She's grasping her knife in her hand, as she enters the car, and starts it up. After she does that, she leans on the seat, and covers her eyes with her hands, shaking slightly. Hertley can hear quiet crying coming from her.

Hartley watched Angela exit, taking a moment to think about things before folding the bayonet and slinging the rifle over his shoulder. He walked through the house quickly, looking for the thing that he had originally planned to come for: supplies. Food, tools, other useful items that he could pack into a reasonable space. He tried to focus on the task at hand, ignoring the quiet crying he could hear as much as he could; if there was anything Angela or anyone else would need, it would be these supplies.

"Is there anything you need to get from here?" Hartley had spent a few minutes in the house looking around, although came back to the car to ask this question. "I don't mean to interrupt." He was standing at the door of the car, speaking lowly.

Angela slowly takes the hands off her face, as she looks at Hartley, and chuckles

"L-Look for some f-f-f-ood.. maybe... And i kn-know... i'm just a cr-cr-crybaby" She said quietly, lowering the window.

"I-If you find any..." She opened the trunk with a lever\

"J--J-Just put it inside" Angela added, slowly looking away from Hartley.

Hartley tapped his fingers on the roof of the car for a moment, nodding.

"Food, all right." He pushed off of the side of the car, making his way towards the house once again. Boxing up some of the supplies he had seen while he took the look around, anything that could fit inside the trunk. Finally returning with a cardboard box in tow, Hartley pushed the trunk door open and slid the box into the back.

"You're not a crybaby, we all have our moments." He adjusted the box, making sure it was secure before shutting the trunk. "What are you planning to do now? Still heading west?"

"Y-Yeah... m-m-m-aybe scavenge for some supplies on the way.." Angela said quietly, looking at Hartley.

"Uhm... you do not have anything here, do you?" She asks, looking slightly calmed down at him, tears slowly coming down her cheek.

"Yeah, that would probably be a good idea. There's a lot of stuff packed up there, but it'll eventually run out. I put some clothes in there too, but saved most of that space for food." Hartley rubbed at his chin, scratching the scruffy beard covering his face.

"What do you mean? Don't have anything here?"

"I-I mean... do you have a base... or are you just wandering about?" Angela wondered, thin smile forming on her lips, as she looked at Hartley.

"Base? No, not really. I never had one, I've just been out on my own, carrying what I can on my back. Part of me says to keep moving, the other part says to set something up, but I ain't too interested in setting something up if I can't keep it running myself, you know?" He chuckled lowly. "Hunting and scavenging has kept me going this far."

"Uhm... okay... i guess.... i'll be heading out then..." Angela said, looking at Hurtley. She smiled at him

"Thanks... for the help..." She said quietly

"You don't want to come with me?"

"All right, good luck then. Make sure to conserve those supplies." Hartley started to turn, although stopped once he heard Angela speak again.

"What, you're offering me a ride?" He looked around for a moment, idly patting his own leg and thinking. "I've been here for a while, I don't know how much is left around here..." Hartley let out a deep breath, turning back to face Angela again.

"Yeah, I guess that sounds fine." He nodded and stepped around the front of the car, walking to the passenger side. He removed his pack, putting it into the car and unslinging his rifle from his shoulder to more comfortably fit in the seat.

Angela smiled slightly, as she slowly drove out of the garage, and slowly turned right. She then accelerated, headed towards west. She wasn't talking very much, due to her concentrating on driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back