• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom π“¦π“²π“Όπ“± 𝓀𝓹𝓸𝓷 π“ͺ 𝓒𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓒𝓽π“ͺ𝓻 β€” A Digimon Adventure 01 Roleplay (OOC)

Should this be our main OOC?

• Yes - Keep it on RPN

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No - Move the OOC to Discord

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Doesn't matter to me

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Smartphone Digivices New
Happy monday, Digi-Friends! Hope we are all doing fabulous today!

Figured I'd make a little announcement regarding the polls since they close in a few hours

First off, the digivices we'll be using are smartphones! I found these cool concepts for how the devices would look when the crests are active (credit to glamrockbonnie on reddit for them - i am simply using for reference)

fanart-au-where-the-survive-kids-get-digivices-and-crests-3-v0-4rcsn4fqu2m91.png

As for the other poll that pertains to our OOC, it seems you lovelies have left it up to me to decide. And while I love to use Discord, I kinda like having it on RPN. It's been a while since I've ran a rp with an active ooc thread, so we will remain on-site! Tbh with the mobile app, having an ooc on discord feels a bit redundant πŸ˜‚

And as for the crest of knowledge, i've made the decision of making that one a GM-controlled NPC. Definitely means I'll have to make TWO characters, but meh tis the job I signed up for when I ventured to make the roleplay. You shall see a second sheet from myself later today or tomorrow at the latest regarding that!

As for everything else like our start date, I want to wait until DracoNightshade DracoNightshade finishes up their sheet before, but I will also get started on some pre-planning of the first post.

Suffice to say I'm really happy with the turnout, love the dynamic we have as a group (and especially love the bantering so keep it up), the diversity in our lines (seriously I couldn't have asked for anything better) and just our overall vibe! You know, whenever one makes a roleplay, you hope for this but it's never a guarantee to happen. So I'm just really grateful that yall chose this one to join and make look very promising!

Anyway that's all the official GM-ness for now!

LET'S HAVE A GOOD DAY!
I wouldn't say it was BRAINIAC more like...bored on a Sunday night and decided to be a little cheeky with it lol

Okay I might have chef'd it up maybe a little.

Just doing my crest-ly duty! 🫑 LOLOLOL

And you have my thanks for your diligance 🫑

Light Side Crests and Darkside Crests New
So I was talking with Fabrikator.Nova Fabrikator.Nova about a potential idea and it's something I sort of touched on with DeathUnchained DeathUnchained in that it involves an alternate digivolution line for each partner digimon

But I'm gonna make a poll and let the group decide

the gist of the idea is working with the hypothesis of there being a light side and a dark side of the main crests. I know it's a pretty common fan theory that they exist and it could play into the general theme that the crests have (aka holy virtues vs deadly sins), but in this sense, I think it's best to play off of the crests actually having two sides.

For example, in the case of the Crest of Hope, there would be the Crest of Despair. My thought process is, appearance wise, they would be of the same color as the regular crests but they would have an absence of light, so where there is an implication of light, there is darkness.

As for how it would take effect on the digimon, the idea of each digimon having an alternate line that ties into the dark side of the crest (also within the theme of the line too. That's important too.)

Crest of Courage would be Crest of Cowardice
Crest of Friendship would be Crest of Jealousy
Crest of Love would be Crest of Apathy
Crest of Knowledge would be Crest of Ignorance
Crest of Sincerity would be Dishonesty
Crest of Reliability would be Crest of Treachery
Crest of Hope would be Crest of Despair
Crest of Light would be Crest of Darkness
Crest of Kindness would be Crest of Cruelty

Whatcha think? Any thoughts or concerns about it? For it? Against it? Lemme know!

Last edited:
So I was talking with Fabrikator.Nova Fabrikator.Nova about a potential idea and it's something I sort of touched on with DeathUnchained DeathUnchained in that it involves an alternate digivolution line for each partner digimon

But I'm gonna make a poll and let the group decide

the gist of the idea is working with the hypothesis of there being a light side and a dark side of the main crests. I know it's a pretty common fan theory that they exist and it could play into the general theme that the crests have (aka holy virtues vs deadly sins), but in this sense, I think it's best to play off of the crests actually having two sides.

For example, in the case of the Crest of Hope, there would be the Crest of Despair. My thought process is, appearance wise, they would be of the same color as the regular crests but they would have an absence of light, so where there is an implication of light, there is darkness.

As for how it would take effect on the digimon, the idea of each digimon having an alternate line that ties into the dark side of the crest (also within the theme of the line too. That's important too.)

Crest of Hope would be Crest of Cowardice
Crest of Friendship would be Crest of Jealousy
Crest of Love would be Crest of Apathy
Crest of Knowledge would be Crest of Ignorance
Crest of Sincerity would be Dishonesty
Crest of Reliability would be Crest of Trechery
Crest of Hope would be Crest of Despair
Crest of Light would be Crest of Darkness
Crest of Kindness would be Crest of Cruelty

Whatcha think? Any thoughts or concerns about it? For it? Against it? Lemme know!
Like the idea, but you wrote down hope twice. And not to nitpick, but treachery has an A after the first E.
Happy monday, Digi-Friends! Hope we are all doing fabulous today!

Figured I'd make a little announcement regarding the polls since they close in a few hours

First off, the digivices we'll be using are smartphones! I found these cool concepts for how the devices would look when the crests are active (credit to glamrockbonnie on reddit for them - i am simply using for reference)

fanart-au-where-the-survive-kids-get-digivices-and-crests-3-v0-4rcsn4fqu2m91.png

As for the other poll that pertains to our OOC, it seems you lovelies have left it up to me to decide. And while I love to use Discord, I kinda like having it on RPN. It's been a while since I've ran a rp with an active ooc thread, so we will remain on-site! Tbh with the mobile app, having an ooc on discord feels a bit redundant πŸ˜‚

And as for the crest of knowledge, i've made the decision of making that one a GM-controlled NPC. Definitely means I'll have to make TWO characters, but meh tis the job I signed up for when I ventured to make the roleplay. You shall see a second sheet from myself later today or tomorrow at the latest regarding that!

As for everything else like our start date, I want to wait until DracoNightshade DracoNightshade finishes up their sheet before, but I will also get started on some pre-planning of the first post.

Suffice to say I'm really happy with the turnout, love the dynamic we have as a group (and especially love the bantering so keep it up), the diversity in our lines (seriously I couldn't have asked for anything better) and just our overall vibe! You know, whenever one makes a roleplay, you hope for this but it's never a guarantee to happen. So I'm just really grateful that yall chose this one to join and make look very promising!

Anyway that's all the official GM-ness for now!

LET'S HAVE A GOOD DAY!

And you have my thanks for your diligance 🫑
Getting there.

With Nagi's line, it's more of a case of "darker evos" :xFtongue:
The funnier bit is if it gets technically lighter before possibly getting exponentially worse.

Gazimon - Gargoylemon - Manticoremon - ShadowSeraphimon or Daemon depending on if the former edges too close to the reserved spot for you.

Daemon is a demon lord, so it would likely have to be ShadowSeraphimon

Which funny enough you finally get to make that joke of using shadowseraphimon to further drive the frontier-domination point home πŸ˜‚

the gist of the idea is working with the hypothesis of there being a light side and a dark side of the main crests. I know it's a pretty common fan theory that they exist and it could play into the general theme that the crests have (aka holy virtues vs deadly sins), but in this sense, I think it's best to play
Maybe you could make the darker crest evos invoke the opposite of what the crest stands for.

I can already imagine some of the crest evos being Demon Lords

So to make it easier, demon lords are off the table for the dark lines. I've already mentioned they're not available for lines. and these are just the core demon lords: Babramon, Lucemon, Belphemon, Lillithmon, Leviamon, Daemon, and Beelzemon.

Additionally, GranDracumon's line would also be off the table (there are ideas i've got involving them as well).

Oh yknow what? I can just make my dark digi be locked to Ultimate (Mega) stage. We don't need a dark evo till after Petaldramon is obtained.

As for what the dark digi is, Hydramon obviously

Should you want to give a dark ult/perfect stage, Entmon would work as a nice opposite of Petaldramon. Still a plant and dragonic but completely derranged in every sense.

Like if we work under the assumption that petaldramon is good for the environment, then, well

1727724743236.png

This fucker is damn well the embodiment of a plague for the environment πŸ’€

Users who are viewing this thread

Back