• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy We may be thieves, but I like to think that we are honest thieves...

Hello! I'm interested in participating but I just wanted to iron out a couple of questions. <3

Is there a preference towards a style when using an image for appearance? (like actual people, drawn, anime, that kind of thing)

What kind of magic is available in their world and what is the general public's opinion on it? Are there certain forms that are considered taboo?

I have a couple more but they'll probably crop up as I get started on my character. o w o

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there!

For the picture question you can use whatever type of picture that you'd like. Magic in this world is more based on a person's personal amount of magical ability. Magic isn't widely used since only those born with the ability to use magic can use it. The magic that they use is kinda like elemental magic and simple enchantments. The general public opinion of it varies from country to country. Some think it's evil and hunt down those who use it while others are awed by it. The trope is located in a country that doesn't have magic used, but it is looked upon with awe. What type of magic is taboo also varies from country to country.

Hope this helps!

Yes, that helps immensely! I'm just gonna throw down thoughts I've gathered so far and you can correct them/make changes.

So I take it's a bit like ATLA in terms of magic, with certain components being higher forms of the four elements?

Like for example electricity/lightning magic would be considered a higher form of fire? Or plant growth a higher form of earth? o v o

In addition to this, they have the ability to enchant people/objects, such as giving a sword some flame or strengthening armor. Maybe a spell to let them temporarily breathe underwater?

I'm just trying to establish the magic aspect as more likely than not I'll be making a character who wields it to a certain extent. <3

Yep! That's more or less what the magic in this world is! Staffs are also things that are used in this world.

Submitted Auster o / I'm just gonna chill for a bit while I wait for you to read through him.

Wow... no wonder it took so long. However we'll have to pick it up later. It's currently 6 in the morning and I haven't slept all night. You can go ahead and post your intro and I'll get back to it later today, if that's okay?

Mhmm, no problem as I won't be able to post for a bit as I'm working on school work right now.

This seems interesting~

Also, sometimes it just takes a while for people to make their way into an rp, so not to worry!

And...

IT'S YAMANBAGIRI KUNIHIRO

...I shall sidle away now...

@Nano

yeeep I love him. Personal faves are Ookurikara and Tsurumaru Kuninaga.

/coughs at your pic. I've stopped playing the game tho.

byeee friend :'D

I'll be posting up a CS later today since I can't code on my iPad :')

Thinking of making a healer of some sort!

Please don't code on your ipad omg I once had to type rp posts on my phone for a month and my thumbs still hate me for it.

rpn has such fancy bbcode. Just started to get the hang of it because I'm new af. I love it at the same time I'm in a struggle bus. </3

Healers are nice. Aus is only an average dodger so s/he'd be useful. LOL

If you really wanted you could probably just use the code and then edit the colors later~

I'd generally recommend waiting for your laptop LOL

Okay I said I'd write a post instead I'm playing through my mobile games rip

Ooh, this looks pretty dang cool. I'll try to make a character sometime today~

Najiyah didn't really give the trope a specific name since one of her goals was to make the trope the only one that people would fear/love/know about.

@thewildspirit514

Is the second-in-command role open, or just regular thieves/etc? I've got my char pretty much written up, but wanted to ask about that before finishing ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back