• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy War of the Dragons OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
im really about to a grand just to get microsoft laptop just to play a 20 dollar game where i run around and be a dinosaur then get bored of it in an hour

It is fully 2:30am where I am. I pretty much just got home from D&D.

Then she doesn't have a formal address. If she's technically been knighted, then she's a Dame, but that's a different story.
I was thinking that Rosalia, being a religious figure, could be adressed by "Your Grace", but im not sure if that is blocked by another figure that would be adressed that way

I was thinking that Rosalia, being a religious figure, could be adressed by "Your Grace", but im not sure if that is blocked by another figure that would be adressed that way
Going by traditional Catholic/Anglican clergy, I doubt she has the equivalent rank to be called "Your Grace." Because, double checking my research, you really only get called that if you're an archbishop. Which is... a very high rank. Pretty much right below a cardinal. So, like, two ranks removed from Pope.

Going by traditional Catholic/Anglican clergy, I doubt she has the equivalent rank to be called "Your Grace." Because, double checking my research, you really only get called that if you're an archbishop. Which is... a very high rank. Pretty much right below a cardinal. So, like, two ranks removed from Pope.
The striders are the second highest rank within the Abysswalkers, only outranked by the eldest, the Stalker. While there is somewhat of a hirarchy within the six striders, that is not an official one but more one that has just come by itself with time. So Rosalia very much should hold a rank high enough.

The striders are the second highest rank within the Abysswalkers, only outranked by the eldest, the Stalker. While there is somewhat of a hirarchy within the six striders, that is not an official one but more one that has just come by itself with time. So Rosalia very much should hold a rank high enough.
Okay, true, but claiming said rank and address would mean being very public with her affiliation with the Abysswalkers, as well as her position within the church. So that'd be up to you. But if your rank is one down from the top, you'd be the equivalent of a cardinal, and therefore "Your Excellency."

Okay, true, but claiming said rank and address would mean being very public with her affiliation with the Abysswalkers, as well as her position within the church. So that'd be up to you. But if your rank is one down from the top, you'd be the equivalent of a cardinal, and therefore "Your Excellency."
She is the official representant of the Abysswalkers within the kings council, therefore she is public with her affiliation. I just like the sound of "Your Grace", since she is the Strider of Symphony and Grace and that just fits really well. :3

(Honestly,,, I just want somebody to very subtly throw shade at either Darius or Mabynn by deliberately referring to them as "Your Highness" and insinuating that they don't actually have access to the rank of King or Queen)

Just "Mister Darius." or "Miss Mabynn"
That's a bit too blatant. I crave that subtle "you wouldn't realize it's disrespect unless you grew up in a royal court and are intimately acquainted with all the subtle ways we disrespect each other" nonsense. Like. The ins and outs of medieval court politics make me so happy.

That's a bit too blatant. I crave that subtle "you wouldn't realize it's disrespect unless you grew up in a royal court and are intimately acquainted with all the subtle ways we disrespect each other" nonsense. Like. The ins and outs of medieval court politics make me so happy.
And they make Rosalia so anxious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back