• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic UEEF Marines - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Yep! C'osmo without any competition rolled the absolute lowest numerical dice roll values for his Attributes. Mathematically speaking, he may be the lowest character I've ever rolled and he is definitely the lowest on RP Nation. Not that I'm complaining! I'm just explaining. =)

In some ways he will always be last place, including Jake's soon-to-be-played Karbarran, but that just kind of makes him more challenging to play, doesn't it? =)

After all the Skill choices I made for him, he remains the brainy guy I need him to be with just enough physical prowess to stay alive and a surprising amount of physical endurance. I like him! But I also hold no Illusions about him if you get my friendly meaning. =)

Does that count the +2 from the Silverback?
Checking his character he normally has just a +1.

Purr Purr you have a total of 17 on your initiative.

I have to say that sometimes a low die roll can make a character a lot of fun to play, like my old 3 charisma cleric Gurk the Gross. It is what you make of it that is fun!

Checking his character he normally has just a +1.

Purr Purr you have a total of 17 on your initiative.

I have to say that sometimes a low die roll can make a character a lot of fun to play, like my old 3 charisma cleric Gurk the Gross. It is what you make of it that is fun!
I agree - just as long as I don't forget said realities. There is no way C'osmo is going to be able to go head-to-head with, say, an Invid with the Attributes of any of his other squadmates. They'll cream him, plain and simple. As long as I keep that in mind and don't try to play him like he's one of their equals, C'osmo the Science bear should turn out just fine.

Last edited:
I agree - just as long as I don't forget said realities. There is no way C'osmo is going to be able to go head-to-head with, say, an Invid with the Attributes of any of his other squadmates. They'll cream him, plain and simple. As long as I keep that in mind and don't try to play him like he's one of their equals, C'osmo the Science bear should turn out just fine.
I will make sure to put you into situations that are not simply all combat, but one's that will let you tap into your skill set and natural role-playing talent.

I will make sure to put you into situations that are not simply all combat, but one's that will let you tap into your skill set and natural role-playing talent.
Oh, I've no worries about that, bud! If I had serious doubts about having fun, I wouldn't have signed up! =)

Excited The Child GIF by Disney+

Sherwood Sherwood
Refresh my memory here. Do I roll actions for all the attacks per melee Onni has here or only one action per round? (Knowing one action such as a callled shot could cost two attacks per melee here)

Sherwood Sherwood
Refresh my memory here. Do I roll actions for all the attacks per melee Onni has here or only one action per round? (Knowing one action such as a callled shot could cost two attacks per melee here)
Eonivar Eonivar If you don't mind my attempt at lending a hand here, everyone including Onni calls one Action at a time (or two in the case of Called Shots). =)

Dannigan is correct. Everyone makes their first action, which in the case of a Called Shot will use two attacks. If you are out of your Cyclone and get attacked, a dodge also uses an action, but not in your mecha, since everyone has auto dodge from your MECT skill.

Don't forget that the Invid are currently facing away from you, so you don't have a line of fire on their eyepiece.

How do missle volleys work here? Can I make one attack with multiple missles on multiple targets?

I swear every GM I have ever run a Palladium game with has run combat differently. ;-)

Missile attacks in my game are pretty simple. You can fire multiple missiles at a single target as one action, and a volley of four or more missiles cannot be dodged.

I have not found a good mechanism to do a missile attack on multiple targets at once that makes sense to me and doesn't feel clumsy. If you had a suggestion on how to do it, I'll listen.

Also, when it comes to dice rolls, go ahead and do both your to hit and damage rolls in the same post to help speed things along. If you miss, I'll disregard your damage roll, unless you are in a leaky rust bucket of a ship and every shot counts

I know that Dannigan prefers having me roll my actual dice as opposed to using the dice bot on the site, and that option is available to all that wish it

One final thing to bring up: s natural 1-4 on the to hit roll is an automatic miss for some reason; a weapon misfire, or you were just of target enough to miss clean.

On the flipside, a 20 is an automatic hit.

I have not found a good mechanism to do a missile attack on multiple targets at once that makes sense to me and doesn't feel clumsy. If you had a suggestion on how to do it, I'll listen.
With the technology involved and the way I understand protoculture works...I am sure in an attack one could designate a number of missles per target and launch several missles at once to attack their designated targets. For example: Onni could target three invid with four missles, he designates one of the invid to fire two missles at and the other two get one missle each . I would roll one Strike roll for all three targets and they would respond accordingly.

That is my thought. If it is too much I understand.

Hmmm. I might be persuaded to do something like that, but I am afraid that it might make missile attacks too powerful. The argument against that is the fact that the Cyclones have a small number of missiles at their disposal.

I'll think on it.

The one member of the party that would really benefit from that is C'osmo in his Silverback. It would make his mecha pretty nasty.

Do not mind Onni, he is just going to shoot the wall with all of his might.

Poor, poor wall too bad it cannot fight back although I am sure the invid will. ;-)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back