• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice To Kill A Primordial - OOC Thread

Characters
Here
Yup. I’m solidly in the “I want to post” column.

A counterpoint to my esteemed friends. Abyssals actually have a Charm that allows them to use their Strength to attack with heavy weapons.
That's good to know. I want my character to lean fully into being heavily armored with a heavy weapon.

What Abyssal Charms would be good for that/adding some flavor for the cannibalism thing?

Well, you should look into Resistance and Melee Charms.

Resistance has Charms that give you more health levels, and allow you to put on your armor faster, and eventually be able to send your armor Elsewhere, a hidden place, so you can call it back and be fully armored instantly, and even grow chains that you can grapple with from your armor, and to increase the Soak and Hardness, making you harder to damage.

Melee will let you deal more damage, parry enemy attacks, and make multiple attacks.

I'll have to check if they have any real cannibalism Charms.

By default you can heal yourself with vampirism. You can easily declare you're devouring flesh to get the same benefit. A custom Resistance Charm could definitely build on your natural ability to heal from drinking blood, or you could use Occult charms for stealing powers from trapped or defeated spirits and fluff that as literally eating them.

By default you can heal yourself with vampirism. You can easily declare you're devouring flesh to get the same benefit. A custom Resistance Charm could definitely build on your natural ability to heal from drinking blood, or you could use Occult charms for stealing powers from trapped or defeated spirits and fluff that as literally eating them.

I believe that was true for 2e, am not sure it's true for 3e, regarding vampirism.

I believe that was true for 2e, am not sure it's true for 3e, regarding vampirism.
Ah, you're right, it's motes not healing:

Anima Effects
For one mote, an Abyssal can:
• Cause her Caste Mark to manifest for as long as she desires.
• Sense the approximate location of any nearby shadowlands.
• Extend fangs, allowing her to deal lethal damage with decisive savaging attacks against grappled
enemies. She can drink the blood of the living to regain motes if they’re willing or helpless, gaining one
mote for each level of lethal damage she inflicts.

I think I'll just have the cannibalism as flavor/relating to draining health for motes.

So I need a heavy weapon and heavy armor. Is it worth spending most of my Merit points on Artifacts for those since I have 5 bonus Merit points for Backing, Command, etc. for being an Abyssal?

I think I'll just have the cannibalism as flavor/relating to draining health for motes.

So I need a heavy weapon and heavy armor. Is it worth spending most of my Merit points on Artifacts for those since I have 5 bonus Merit points for Backing, Command, etc. for being an Abyssal?

See what Artifacts from those available you want to take. They might not be 4 or 5 dots.

Huskflayer from the Abyssals document seems like it would work really well since it's a heavy weapon and works with my character's theme. So I'm spending 5 Merit points on that.

Which leaves 8 Merit points to spend I think since we're Essence 2?

Last edited:
I don't think my character's likely to make much use of Backing, Command, Contacts, Cult, and Resources, but he gets 5 extra dots for them. What would you suggest spending them on for those Merits?

Also what Artifact armor would be good and what should he spend his remaining Merit points on?

I don't think my character's likely to make much use of Backing, Command, Contacts, Cult, and Resources, but he gets 5 extra dots for them. What would you suggest spending them on for those Merits?

Also what Artifact armor would be good and what should he spend his remaining Merit points on?
Are you looking for specifically a sword, or would any large, powerful weapon do?

Same for armor. Do you want heavy and massive, or lighter to depend on your ability to parry or evade?

Are you looking for specifically a sword, or would any large, powerful weapon do?

Same for armor. Do you want heavy and massive, or lighter to depend on your ability to parry or evade?
I'm spending 5 Merit points on Artifact for the weapon Huskflayer from the Abyssals document.

For armor I want heavy.

If you are willing to go with a different weapon, I could recommend Huskflayer (Soulsteel Grimscythe, Artifact •••••) on pg 518 of the Abyssal book, and there is a suit of armor on pg 528 called The Nemesis Cuirass (Soulsteel Articulated Plate, Artifact ••••) .

As for your 5 free Merit points, Psychie may allow you to pick up some dots in Command to have a small but well trained armed force that you've been given command of. Unless, of course, you don't want to be the dark general. A couple of dots of Cult is nice, just don't go too high on that one. Resources is always a good pick, too.

Psychie Psychie I'm thinking of moving some dots around to pick up the paired soulsteel knives in the back of the Abyssal book instead of the parasol with a dot in Melee and Thrown and a Charm of each. Is that ok?

Psychie Psychie I'm thinking of moving some dots around to pick up the paired soulsteel knives in the back of the Abyssal book instead of the parasol with a dot in Melee and Thrown and a Charm of each. Is that ok?
That's fine. We haven't started yet, so you can tweak your sheet as much as you'd like.

Ok, just saw this. The armor from the book would be good.
I don't know if the abilities really match up with my character though.

I haven't checked the main book is there good heavy armor that would work with my character idea?

Here's what I have so far:

Attachments

• He Who Devours Light and Life.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
Did I send you the book Arms of the Chosen? If so, there are several heavy armor suits, both Soulsteel and not, that would be worth looking at.

Five Edicts Dominion (Soulsteel Articulated Plate, Artifact ••••) Pg 100
Sozen, the Cataphract of Keys (Orichalcum Articulated Plate, Artifact ••••) pg 105
Mela’s Coil (Blue Jade Articulated Plate, Artifact •••••) pg 107

Five Edicts Dominion (Soulsteel Articulated Plate, Artifact ••••) Pg 100
Alright, I've going with this, it seems to fit best.

So that's 9 out of 13 Merit points. I'm considering getting Giant for 4, is it worth it?

Also how many extra points do I have left after boosting Melee? Does my build look good or should I boost other Abilities?

Psy is using a modified xp chart that is posted in the Character thread. It replaces your Bonus points with a total of 80 xp points that can be used to buy anything, and another 50 points that can not be used to buy Charms but anything else is good to go.

Don't forget that you have to buy your languages with Merit points, with the first one for free. Old Realm is highly recommended, along with Firetongue. Others are up to you. The whole list of languages is in the Core book on pg 162.

Giant has a good perk that it adds an extra level 0 health level, but has the disadvantage of making it impossible to blend into a crowd as a normal person since you are just too tall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back