• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice To Kill A Primordial - OOC Thread

Characters
Here
On the necromancer idea I'm working on, I am now at the stage of having to trim off excess Charms or Spells, and trying to figure out my Merits. There are never enough points or Charms.
lol Even if I had given you Essence 5 characters, you'd still run out of stuff to get. Trust me, I know the feeling.

Random Word Random Word I know you'll know this: in what book is the revised xp chart that gives fixed ratings for increasing stuff? I want to look it over and see if it should be added to this game.

Ok, now that I have the right book, does anyone wish to use the Unified Experience Chart rules? It would give you guys some extra xp to start with, so I'm sure that no one would complain about that.

Edit: Keep in mind that you'd lose your Bonus Points in the process.

I'm looking over the book with the alternate xp chart in it, and I'm not sure that I want to go with that. Sure, I'd get more xp, but I will be burning through them faster getting Merits, Evocations and Charms.

I'll go with it if that's what you decide. Its your game, after all.

The primary purpose for the alternative system is to resolve the BP/XP split, in which incentives are obnoxiously misaligned with the goals of the game system (BP really encourages you to race for 5s and shore up your 1s later with XP).

The further you get from character creation the less the difference matters. The alternative system shouldn't result in less XP, since it grants 10 XP per session instead of the usual 5 if I recall.

My suggestion is to go for Melee for a good combat build. Also, remember to invest in extra Health Levels using the Charm Corpse-Body Resilience, and don't skimp on your Artifacts using your Merits. Artifact armor and weapons are real game changers.

I have to run and get my daughter from school soon, but when I get back I'll try to add some more advice for you.

Since this will be my first Exalted game I think I'll try building a fighting character since that seems simple.
Any advice?

A few things to note:
Choose an interesting concept. Remember that to be an Abyssal, your character had to be dying, so think of what has brought them to that.
You may want to pick a Weapon and Armor, and that can inspire you with a character direction.
Don't forget to jnvest in Resistance, for extra health and to wear Armor faster.
Am about to get to sleep, so that's it for now.

My character concept is a warrior of some sort who lived a life of self-restraint and rigorous training to better hone his combat ability only to be assassinated before the battle that would have proven his prowess.

Enraged at the fact that all his discipline and hard work was for nothing he's embraced his monstrous new condition to consume in undeath all that he denied himself in life.

Basically he's a gluttonous cannibal now.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back