The Queen's Madness (Open)

Idea said:
(Breeze´s POV: )
All of the sudden, the two girls began fighting among themselves. I wasn´t sure what to do, if it was that I could do anything about it. I tried stepping back, dropping the cloth and tripping on it. The result was as expected: My head was really hurting in a flash. I raised my hands, trying to cover myself.

"Please, I don´t wanna die! I´m too young to be taken away, I swear! I´ve been good...well, I´ve tried to! It´s not my fault I got so sleepy, ms. Grimreaper..." I begged, still shaking terribly as I gazed onto that a little less horrifying but nevertheless still terrifying gaze of theirs. It seemed there was some weird note of concern, coming from a pair of skeletons. They both cared about what I thinked they were, and about scaring me. Why would the grimreapers care? Furthermore, what was the surprise? I mean, anyone would be scared of dying, right? An in such a terrifying manner too... I raised my hand again, closing my eyes and shrieking with horror. "Please don´t eat me!"

@Supermegabrenda2

Felicia & Theresa

"Why would we eat you?"

Both said at the same time.

"You are just a kid."

They snickered, and looked down at their armor.

"Oh, makes sence."

They realized the skulls around them. Felicia began cracking up, and Theresa soon joined in. Wiping away fake tears, they looked at the kid.

"Kid, give us one reason to hurt you. Just one. I dought you can find one, though."

They said, glancing at each other, then the kid.​

• "That's because, because you're..." Before I had the chance to explain my reasoning, both the skeleton girls began laughing. I couldn't precise why they were laughing, but it felt like they were laughing at me. Tears grew on eyes as I pulled myself up without realizing it.

"Hey, stop laughing, meanies!" I stomped my foot right there, causing the rock from the pavement where I stomped to freeze for a second.

The meanies told me to tell them one reason why I thought they would eat me. No, those meanies would eat me anyway, I was sure of it, they were just mocking me first so I was more tender!

"Because you're skeletons, grim-reapers!" I cried out, very literally. "That's just...what you do!"

@Supermegabrenda2

Idea said:

• "That's because, because you're..." Before I had the chance to explain my reasoning, both the skeleton girls began laughing. I couldn't precise why they were laughing, but it felt like they were laughing at me. Tears grew on eyes as I pulled myself up without realizing it.

"Hey, stop laughing, meanies!" I stomped my foot right there, causing the rock from the pavement where I stomped to freeze for a second.

The meanies told me to tell them one reason why I thought they would eat me. No, those meanies would eat me anyway, I was sure of it, they were just mocking me first so I was more tender!

"Because you're skeletons, grim-reapers!" I cried out, very literally. "That's just...what you do!"

@Supermegabrenda2

Felicia & Theresa

Theresa buckled over laughing, Felicia chuckling lightly. Theresa wiped her face, standing up a few moments later. They both looked at him.

"Kid, we are not skeleton grim-reapers. We are Succubi, it's diferent."

They said, placing one hand on their waist as the other hung down. They looked at the boy, Felicia smiling kindly, while Theresa just stared. Theresa had caught when he had stomped the floor and caused it to freeze.

"Oh, where are our manners. I'm Theresa." She said, and glanced at Felicia.

"And I'm Felicia." She said, in her usual bubbly tone.

They smiled, and looked at him as if waiting for him to say his name.​

Emmony took a deep, calming breath, trying to force down her irritation so she could speak to this girl without chewing her head off. "Yes, I am indeed a Seer." Also, she was pretty sure it was rude to straight off bring up her blindness. Most people noticed it first thing, but few commented on it so quickly. Another deep breath before she continued. "And most people stay in the tavern area to request such things. As, I may add, ale and food and rooms are exactly what we sell. Therefore, hunting somebody down into an employee only area is not only rude, but is likely to get you removed from the building." She heard the cook struggling to keep from laughing behind her, and scowled. "As such, I must firmly request that you return to the main room and seek out service there."

@Scattered Ambitions

---

If Allan was startled by the feel of Siara tucking his hair away as he spoke, he didn't show it. It was a rather sweet gesture. To be honest, all of her was rather sweet, especially her care for making sure that the common people didn't suffer. And the way the moon bounced off of her eyes. He shook those thoughts off. At her not at all subtle suggestion he laughed. The thought had certainly occurred to him before, however, "I have no plan to take up the Crown once we subdue the Queen." Well, subdue was a rather kind word for assassinate. Maybe he'd start using it more often. "As I said, we're still looking for an appropriate person. We are, of course, planning to take this as slowly as we are able, to give us time to plan and garner support.

"We know there are whispers in the city of a rebellion, and are sure that they've probably reached the castle by now, but we're fairly confident that they won't be taken seriously. Not yet at least. People are prone to whisper, and do nothing about it." He was quiet for a long time after that, watching people pass, enjoying the night breeze, the intelligent woman on his arm. "Unfortunately, I believe are stroll will soon be coming to a close," he said as the open tavern door came into view. "I've been away from the tavern for too, I'm sure I'm being missed. I would, however, be very happy to see and talk to you again. Soon. And I have some friends who would be very happy to meet you as well. My sister included. Though strangely, even though she works here, she's apparently hard to pin down." The man frowned.

@SirFlabberghaspy

Last edited by a moderator:
Siara smiled at this humility, or fear, of his. She'd eye the full-on night that was fast approaching, then shifting her gaze to Allan as he continued talking. As he spoke, he mentioned subduing the Queen. It was a rather pacifistic way to put it, but she didn't find it unreasonable at all. If the Queen was just, truly, having problems, perhaps they needed to subdue her instead of kill her; Find out what those problems were and solve them. It didn't necessarily have to result in the Queen's demise...

She was confident in his opinion regarding the whispers, thinking on it as he suddenly grew silent. Eyeing the environment around them, Siara would soon shift her gaze to watch Allan, as if picking away at something she saw within him. She searched through him as she thought, suddenly subjected to another barrage of dialogue. Siara frowned lightly at Allan's first words, having enjoyed the stroll. As she eyed the tavern's door and heard the rest of what he had to say, though, her frown would quickly become a light smile that she tried to conceal as to not amuse the clever man any more. Of course, amusing him wasn't a bad thing, she just didn't want him to get very used to it...

"Women tend to wander. She'll never stay still, sadly," Siara would suggest with a wider smile at his frown. She'd turn and attempt to stop Allan, shifting her right hand towards his face in order to almost push his frown into a smile. "No point in letting it upset you forever," the bastard would suggest as she looked down at him.

@ianbabyyy

He was a little sad that their walk was coming to an end. He had truly enjoyed it, and it wasn't often he enjoyed having another's company quite so much. It would be interesting to see how she played into everything, and how big of a role she would have. At her response concerning his sister, his frown deepened. "Yes, but you'd think being blind would subdue those wandering urges somewhat."

And then he was being brought to a stop, as her body turned in front of his. His mouth began to open, but was quickly interrupted by her hand, physically trying to force his mouth up into a smile. It worked, strangely, startling a laugh out of him. His hand came up to catch hers, gently tugging it away from his face. "You know, not many would have the audacity to do such a thing," he teased, matching her grin with one of his own. "And as far as my sister is concerned, if I became upset over every little accident or trouble she cause, I'd spend my life with a permanent frown." It occurred to him that he hadn't released her hand yet. He squeezed it gently before reluctantly releasing it.

Siara smiled as he spoke, eyeing their hands as Allan squeezed. Blushing lightly, she'd nervously shift her gaze back upwards to eye the shorter man. Feeling the release of his grip, Siara would turn and eye the tavern's door. She'd then shift her gaze back towards Allan, her blush still lightly painting her face as she examined him for a few seconds more.

"You're a very... interesting man. A gentleman. I enjoyed our walk very much, and I thank you for entrusting me. Don't grow any taller until we speak again, or shorter, that would be hard on my neck, too."

@ianbabyyy

• The frost beneath me expanded more and more with each stomp of my foot, those girls just kept laughing like this was some sort of joke! I valued my life, I really did! And it had been so short too... Everyone in the tavern kept telling me these amazing stories about their lives, and the places they had been too, and all that kind of stuff... I wanted to go on a trip too, I wanted to see things, live things too! Why wouldn´t they understand that, why would the grim-reapers do things like this, and mock me on top of it?

"Stop it, stop it, meanines!" I complained while stomping, ears rolling down the tips of my eyes. I stopped it, and looked at them, as they announced they weren´t grim-reapers, but succubi...What was that again? I had no idea, but it didn´t seem right. "Why are you covered in skulls then? And why are your teeth so white? Nobody´s teeth is so white."

I remembered the stories Stella had told me. Their pale bones, covered in the skulls of it´s former victims, some grinning, other horrified, others blank... The girls in front of me weren´t talking about taking me away or anything of the sort, though their description did pretty much match the book´s, a fact that didn´t seem to waver nomatter how much they said otherwise. Why couldn´t the good parts of the books appear too? The talking cats, the flying dogs, the couples alone holding hands at night...Just like the one over there, in the stree...

"Mr.Allan?" I inquired towards him, a little calmer, although a lot more confused. Why was he holding hands with that woman? Could it actually be... my cheeks turned a little red, I shook my head trying to think about it. "Hum...that lady is? I´m afraid I must have forgotten her name... Is she a friend of ms. Emmony?"

@Supermegabrenda2 @ianbabyyy @SirFlabberghaspy

Felicia & Theresa

"Woah there boy. Teeth are white if you clean 'em. But, ours are white because we are Succubi."

Theresa said, in a 'duh' tone. Felicia nudged her with her elbow, furrowing her brows. They looked at the boy again, and Felicia spoke up.

"We have these heads to scare off the bad guys. We don't get messed with a lot."

Their heads snapped back at the man and the woman the boy had just called. Ooh. The girls grinned internally. This might be interesting.

@ianbabyyy @SirFlabberghaspy @Idea

Allan enjoyed the sight of her blush for a moment before responding, teeth flashing white in his mouth as he grinned. "Well," he said, "I've certainly been called much worse things than interesting. Coming from you, I shall take it as a compliment." As his mouth opened to address her short joke, he was distracted by an argument in the tavern. Or, more specifically, the tavern doorway. For a moment he ignored it, knowing it would most likely go away on his own, until his name was called.

He sighed softly, looking for the sound of the voice, noting the twins before swinging down to see a mop of blonde hair. There was a soft sigh that his moment had been interrupted, but if it had to be anyone, he was the one least likely to annoy him for it. "Yes Breeze?" The question made him chuckle. "No, she's not a friend of Ms. Emmony's, though I hope she will be soon. This is Siara." His eyes swung back up to the woman, a soft smile on his lips. "Siara, this is Breeze. He helps out around the tavern."

His attention was drawn back up to the twins then, eyes narrowing. They certainly seemed... interesting.

@SirFlabberghaspy @Idea @Supermegabrenda2

Felicia & Theresa

They looked over the man. Hm, not too bad. They have certanly seen better over the years. Oh well. Might not take this one... Might. They smiled softly, and waved kindly. They switched their braid over their right shoulder. Felicia mantained her smile, while Theresa smirked. They leaned on one leg, their dark eyes darting between the two.

"Hello."

They said in unison, their voice soft and delicate. They loved it when people underestimated them. That made window for surprises.

@SirFlabberghaspy @ianbabyyy @Idea

Siara blushed as she eyed the adorable young dragon before her, smiling brightly before shifting her gaze back towards Allan. Finally, she'd lay her eyes on the twins, whom greatly disturbed her so. Looking away, Siara would instead nod along with Allan's words to Breeze. She didn't want to hold up Allan's time any longer, and would rather avoid the two flashy women rather than interact with them. She figured they were in to bad ways, but not sure of what it could be specifically. She only knew that inviting women with those sort of looks about them could not be any good.

"Hello," she'd murmur with disdain towards the two as they greeted them, turning to eye Allan. "Take care, Allan. And you, Breeze," she'd gesture formally, taking a few steps back before turning to begin walking down the street, the night's darkness consuming her more and more as she stepped away.

@ianbabyyy @Idea @Supermegabrenda2

Joyce waited for Siara just slightly down the, and upon seeing her, she began to walk towards her, "Be careful of who you wag your lovely little tongue at my dear.", Joyce violet eyes glared dangerously at Siara, she drew a dagger, and flipped it carelessly in her hand, "We wouldn't want to lose such a precious thing now would we?", she brushed roughly past her, "We will be watching you.", she paused, slightly looked over her shoulder, "I will be watching you."

@SirFlabberghaspy

With that, Joyce left, walking back towards to tavern. She brushed Allen lightly, handed him a note, and continued to walk through the door with her head down, as she ignored the others around her.

The note would read, "The dogs are barking, and it has startled your cat.", she knew Allan would understand the guards were investigating, and Joyce needed to leave to find out why.

@ianbabyyy

Siara would glare back at Joyce as she walked past, swearing to the Gods in her head that she'd end the filthy woman. Sighing, Siara shook her head and continued walking down the street, wondering what the elf's quarrel with her was even about. An anti-human extremist who viewed Siara's half-elf nature as an insult? That was unlikely. Perhaps a loyalist or some rebel with an affection for Allan. Siara sighed again, already troubled by the existence of the foul rogue. She supposed terrible people were bound to exist everywhere.

Siara missed Whytewynd. Despite her father attempting to kill her, and all, the land was filled with many honorable people. While many were power-hungry and brutal, honor was still highly regarded in Whytewynd as extremely important to uphold in society. At least people had the decency to ignore strangers on the street, rather than threaten them...

Sighing, the Whytewynd lady continued on her walk, absently searching for something to do. She felt that she was too awake to rest at the Queen's Madness, too full to eat any food, and too restless to not find something to do.

Felicia & Theresa

They tilted their head in wonder slighty. What bug had crawled up her arse last night? Felicia held back a snicker. Oh well. They stepped back, making it so they could see both the kid and the man. They drew their swords, and exanged them.

"Here."

They muttered quietly, and placed them back on their scabbards. Felicia reached back to her bow, and Theresa slapped her hand away from her back.

"Not now."

She snapped quietly, and Felicia shrinked away.

"Sheesh, sorry."

Theresa sneered at her, and Felicia smiled. They returned to their equal expressions, facing the other two.

"So."

They said, glancing between the boy and the man.​

@Idea @ianbabyyy

<p></p>

<div style="text-align:center;">

<p><strong><span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';"><span style="font-size:24px;">Joran Stronham</span></span></strong></p>

<br /><br /><strong><span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';"><span style="font-size:24px;">

Knight of the Queen's Guard</span></span></strong><br /><br /><strong><span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';"><span style="font-size:24px;">

"The Steel Wolf"</span></span></strong><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">"</span><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong><span style="color:#b3b300;">Damn it, I'm </span></strong></span><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong><span style="color:#b3b300;"><em>trying</em></span></strong></span><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong><span style="color:#b3b300;">!</span></strong></span><span style="font-size:12px;">", the young guardsman would complain, grabbing the dented steel longsword</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

he had thrown into the dry dirt beneath him earlier. The warrior was frustrated at his failure to defeat</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

the man he had been sparring for four hours, now. He had heard that the skilled warrior, who had won</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

an approximated fifty-four times, was responsible for training most of the legendary fighters that patrolled</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

the Queen's royal castle.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

Joran sighed as he flipped Vowforger in his right hand, pacing around the training grounds as he</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

kept his gaze on the younger man. "</span><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#b35900;"><strong>Complaining will get you nowhere. Action will,</strong></span></span><span style="font-size:12px;">" the older warrior ensured</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

the man. Growling, the younger warrior turned and swung his dirtied sword outwards. He'd reposition himself</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

to enter the same combat stance he had been practicing with the Queen's Guard for quite awhile.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

"</span><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong><span style="color:#b3b300;">You've been saying that for the past two hours, Ser Joran. I'd be wise, too,</span></strong></span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong><span style="color:#b3b300;">if I were so better than my opponent. How about we make this even?</span></strong></span><span style="font-size:12px;">", the younger guard</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

would suggest, nodding towards the other armored warriors who stood, having watched the two duel</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

for a few hours now. They were all in the training grounds to train under Joran. When Richard, the frustrated</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

young guard, decided he could best Ser Joran in equal combat, the older knight had decided to teach his pupils</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

a valuable lesson by beating the youth senselessly in combat.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

"</span><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong><span style="color:#b35900;">Seven against one? Sounds hardly even to me,</span></strong></span><span style="font-size:12px;">" Joran would murmur, eyeing the magnificent</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

work that was his family blade, Vowforger, before shifting his gaze back up to Richard. He'd then turn to</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

eye the other students, who were restless and eager to get to doing something. The experienced knight</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

thought that the men were too reckless, too aggressive, and too secure in their own power for their own good...</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

Just like himself, when he was younger.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

"</span><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong><span style="color:#b35900;">Fine. Let's see, then. If you remember what I taught you, you should be able to nearly hit me,</span></strong></span><span style="font-size:12px;">"</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

Joran would announce cockily. His acceptance of the exercise was met with a cheer from his unofficial</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

students, who quickly flocked over to retrieve their own blades from a nearby weapon rack. The royal recruits</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

would begin positioning themselves strategically, ultimately surrounding Joran. The old warrior cracked his neck,</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

letting out a nervous sigh as he leveled Vowforger in front of him.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

Two of the recruits would launch forwards at Joran, both from the front of the warrior. The first</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

of the pair would jab at the old man, who side-stepped and slammed the blunt end of Vowforger onto</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

the guard's chest. The man would fall, remaining on the ground, as per the rules of their sparring ring.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

A blow to the chest was a defeat. A blow to the arm meant you could no longer use that arm.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

A blow to both legs was a defeat, a blow to one leg meaning you could no longer move. A blow</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

to the head was also a defeat.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">The next guard would find himself thrown into a trio of the men who had began rushing towards Joran's</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

back. He and two others would hit the ground while the youth who had dodged his stumbling comrade went</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

for a quick slash down at the man. The blade met Vowforger, resounding off of the arcanite weapon</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

with an unnatural screech before Joran kicked the man to the ground and deflected the incoming attacks</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

from two more pursuers. Joran would back away to make distance, carefully eyeing the two men ahead</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

while silently observing Richard in the distance, albeit indirectly.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

One of the two sped forwards suddenly, ducking and weaving before spinning with a slash towards Joran.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

The older man would intercept the slash with Vowforger, knocking the royal guard's blade back before quickly</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

striking his chest. The man sighed and willingly collapsed to the ground as his comrade leaped over his falling</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

body, launching a stab at Joran's chestplate. Joran grabbed the end of the blade, the steel lightly cutting at his</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

palm. Gritting his teeth, Joran pulled the longsword from the guard's grip before elbowing the descending man</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

with his right arm. With the air knocked out of him and the deal done, the guard let out a groan before kneeling</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

down.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

Two of the three who were knocked down earlier had regained their footing, having entered a defensive</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

stance around the third, whom was in the process of getting up. However, Joran's attention was elsewhere.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

Richard, whom had kept his distance for the majority of the fight, suddenly threw a concealed kitchen knife</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

at Joran, who caught the knife by the handle as it sped towards him. With his newfound weapon,</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

the old warrior nailed one of the two defending men in the chest, the second rushing Joran. Nearly struck</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

in the left arm by the incoming guard's rapid stabs, the suddenly worried Queen's Guard would back away.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

Now, faced with three warriors, Joran would carefully make his plan of attack. Richard had good reach, while</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

one of the two guards, Wilf, had a good parrying ability. Vark, the soldier who had spent so much of his time</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

simply recovering from his throw, was probably the worst warrior of the bunch, and so could be taken out quickly.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

Richard would be a problem, but Joran had an idea in mind...</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

Suddenly, Richard leaped forward with a downward slash, which was quickly intercepted by Vowforger.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

Joran would slam into Richard, their blades sliding across one another to produce an earpiercing screech.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

Vark went in for the opportunity, as expected. In one motion, Joran would continue to move Vowforger downwards,</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

vertically scratching Richard's armor before moving his blade back to knock Vark's away. Both rebounded</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

downwards, meeting again. Their blades locked against one another in the dirt, Vark would look up towards his</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

mentor, only to receive a punch in the face as Joran suddenly leaped forwards.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

Vark stumbled back with a bloodied nose, leaving Wilf alone. Joran would begin approaching the lone</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

warrior, sidestepping repeatedly before dropping down and scooping up a handful of dirt. He'd throw it into</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

the young warrior's eyes, suddenly blinding him before striking the man with a stab to his armor.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

And so, the old warrior had won.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

Disappointed, the defeated recruits would begin putting their weapons back on the rack</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

while Vark had gone off to gather a rag in order to tend to his damaged nose. Joran eyed</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

them, sympathizing with them. He knew what it felt like to let someone down, especially someone</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

you looked up to. Joran sighed before sheathing Vowforger, crossing his arms as he eyed the castle's guards.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

"</span><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong><span style="color:#b35900;">Men of Lathien, you failed miserably today, and will</span></strong></span><br /><br /><strong><span style="color:#b35900;"><span style="font-size:12px;">most likely fail miserably tomorrow. But, since you arrived</span></span></strong><br /><br /><strong><span style="color:#b35900;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

to service your Queen, you have grown in skill and bravado</span></span></strong><br /><br /><strong><span style="color:#b35900;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

unlike any other recruits I've taken under my wing. When</span></span></strong><br /><br /><strong><span style="color:#b35900;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

I'm done with you, you'll be fulfilling your duties with more of the same</span></span></strong><br /><br /><strong><span style="color:#b35900;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Gods damned confidence I had when I was your age. So, quit sulking</span></span></strong><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong><span style="color:#b35900;">and go buy yourselves women. The Queen's men are the highest men.</span></strong></span><span style="font-size:12px;">"</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

"</span><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong><span style="color:#b3b300;">Aye, the Queen's men are the highest,</span></strong></span><span style="font-size:12px;">" the soldiers replied in unison, their spirits regained</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

after the small speech from Joran. They'd chuckle and bicker amongst themselves, departing</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

from the training grounds to go find some tavern or brothel to bother with...</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span><br /><br /><span style="font-size:18px;">(Not all of my posts will be this long, just an introduction)</span>

</div>

<p></p>

<p></p>

• I gulped and looked away, a little embarrassed. I hadn´t really seen a lot of people showing their teeth before, only Stella´s sweet paste-covered teeth and the horrible ones from the people at the bar. Maybe I was wrong?

"Wait, if you´re not messed up with a lot, why do you need all those skulls to scare off the bad guys? What´s even a succubi?"

After Allan had already arrived, I felt a little calmer. The fact he wasn´t having the same reaction as I did was at least a little cluing the fact these girls might not be who I thought they were. It still made me blush, as I realized the awkwardness of my previous behavior, if I was wrong. I immediately bowed, as I had seen Stella do before to her parents as she apologized after I had broken a small blue vase.

"I´m sorry for mistaking you for the grim reaper!" I said, gulping, before getting back to a normal position, and turning to the person whose hand mr. Allan was holding. "My name is Breeze, pleasure to meet you. All three of you."

I turned back to the other two, before yet again, shifting my gaze. Siara was going already?

"Ms. Siara, where are you going? Already?" I inquired, a little worried. Was it my fault? Did I mistreat the succubi in such a way that it made it awkward for ms.Siara too? I didn´t intend to! But she went on anyway. Head, down, I walked up to mr. Allan.

"I´m sorry, I didn´t mean to make your girlfriend go away, mr.Allan." I looked up to him. "Please don´t fire me! I didn´t mean to, I swear, I just got a little scared and...and..."

Could I really excuse myself from this? I mean, I was sure Siara hadn´t actually left mr.Allan just over this, but even making her leave his side for one night could be really bad. I really hated when people took Stella away from me... If mr.Allan was feeling the same way...

@Supermegabrenda2 @SirFlabberghaspy @ianbabyyy

Felicia & Theresa

They snickered, and waved it off.

"Don't worry."

They hesitated a while, but soon said.

"Succubi are creatures of the night."

They said simply, shrugging. The poor boy would faint if they told him that they sucked out energy from men. Oh well. Felicia glanced at the man, Mr. Allan aparentaly. The boy was bowing before the man. She elbowed Theresa, and she flinched. Felicia motioned at them, and Theresa nodded. Biting their lips, the girls stepped foreword, each one lightly placing their hands on the boys shoulders.

"I don't think he's too bothered."

Felicia said quietly, eyeing the man as Theresa looked around them. The palace authorities where after them. Oh well.

They where late to their 'show', as they called it. They liked watching the soldiers train. Mostly so they could learn new techniques. Mostly.​

@ianbabyyy @Idea

Allan watched the interaction between Breeze and the two Succubi with an amused grin. They certainly were an odd pair. Their synchronicity was a little disorienting and off putting, especially when they seemed to randomly exchange swords. He shook himself, turning his attention to the boy with a soft smile.

"No worries, Breeze, you didn't make her go away," the man said placing a hand on the boy's head. "Her leaving had nothing to do with you." He paused then, with a small frown. "I would never fire you over something like that. Besides, Emmony would have my head. You know how she adores you." It may have been Emmony who'd taking the little dragon under their wing, but he found he'd developed a bit of a soft spot for the boy too.

"Now," he continued, turning his attention back to the twins. His lips twisted up into his usual charming smile. "I don't believe I've seen you around here before. I'm Allan." He gestured at the tavern. "My sister and I own The Queen's Madness, and I most happily welcome you within our walls. As long as you're done scaring poor Breeze here." He winked, ensuring that they would know he was teasing them.

@Idea @Supermegabrenda2

Felicia & Theresa.

Theresa smirked. Felicia noticed that, and nudged her. Theresa glared at her.

"What?"

She whispered yelled. Felicia gave her a stern look, and Theresa huffed. They looked at the man, Allan. They looked at the tavern. They had been there many times. But it was nice knowing the owner. Glancing back at the man, they smiled.

"Sure. We would love to go inside."

Theresa said, tilting her head slightly. Felicia rolled her eyes, and poked the back of Theresa's knee. She stumbled foreword a bit, and Felicia laughed, clapping her hands. Theresa snarled, glaring at her.

@ianbabyyy (omg your profile pick xD ) @Idea

<p>
  • </p>

<p>

I smiled to mr.Allan´s words of reassurance, nodding a little with joy as he rubbed my head. I raised my arms and ran over to him quickly, wrapping them around his leg.</p>

<p>

"Thank you mr. Allan, thank you!" I rubbed my head against his leg as if I was still in my dragon form. Finally, I let go. "I´ll get right back to work now!"</p>

<p>

I turned around, and the guy began talking to the twins there. He mentioned they could go inside, as long as they didn´t scare me anymore. I stopped on my tracks, turning quickly with my face red as a tomato.</p>

<p>

"I-I-I was-wasn´t sc-sca-scar..." I inistinctively shouted back, before covering my mouth with both hands. I couldn´t lie to mr. Allan, and this would be a particularly dumb lie, even I realized that. I had excused myself before, telling him I was scared, so I couldn´t go and say I wasn´t... I hoped he understood I realized my mistake and that I wasn´t trying to lie or talk back to him.</p>

<p>

<a contenteditable="false" rel="external nofollow" href="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/36029-ianbabyyy/" data-mentionid="36029">@ianbabyyy</a> <a contenteditable="false" rel="external nofollow" href="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/30543-supermegabrenda2/" data-mentionid="30543">@Supermegabrenda2</a> </p>

<p>

</p>

Allan tried fiercely to contain his grin, forcing a solemn, somber expression onto his face. "I am very very sorry, Breeze." He said, barely keeping the mirth from his voice. "I should not have said that you were scared. But there's nothing wrong with it. Being scared just means you have a chance to be brave, right?" He gently placed his hand back on the boy's head and gave him a soft smile. "I apologize, I shouldn't have teased you like that. Go ahead and tell the cook to give you a treat and then you can get back to work." The man took a step back, looking up to address the twins again, before something else occurred to him. "Oh, and if you see Emmony, tell her to stop being lazy. I don't care what she's doing, you tell her, and tell her it's from me."

He looked back up at the women then, gesturing towards the door. "After you, ladies."

(Short post, sorry!)

@Supermegabrenda2 @Idea

The Obsidian Executioner

proxy.php

It seemed he had been wrong, Asavar thought as he came to a stop near the end of the training yard. He had assumed that the others had retired from training for the evening, but Joran was just giving the green recruits a hand. It seemed their sparing match had been going on for a bit as half of them were already standing to the side, having been 'slain'. Asavar eyed the three warriors still facing the old Guard and his lips twitched as one flung a knife and the others did not capitalize on the momentary distraction. Green. They would learn, but it was... a mistake that a highly offensive warrior like Asavar had trouble watching. They allowed him time to catch it and fling it back, the other two should have pressed the advantage the moment the third pull out the knife. A rookie mistake and one that would cost them, for just a moment, they had a shot at taking down the Old Man.

His dark eyes roamed the fighters, his mind slinking back to his own training days under the Old Man, of course, his training had been single as sparing with the other novices was... dangerous as even a glancing blow from Asavar could kill. Big, but not big and stupid. He can recall that quite easily even after all these years, He had, painfully, learned that size and strength, while a great advantage, still needed speed and, above all, a sharp mind to win a fight against any half-decent swordsmen. Despite his training, despite becoming one of the best, he was made an executioner.... Not a guard... Asavar gripped his fist, the metal of his gauntlet groaning with the force he was applying.

He snapped back to reality at a familiar speech, he wondered if the recruits were aware of just how many groups of young rookies the Old Man had said were the best he had seen? Asavar tilted his head, they needed the boost though, of that he was aware, just as he knew how much he needed to hear it when he was younger. With the group of recruits stumbling off, Asavar approached Joran from behind, but not silently as his heavy plated boots crunched in the dirt.

"They almost had you for a moment there," Asavar said, his deep voice rolling over the field, the deep, almost, rumbling in his chest an often missed sign of his amusement for those who did not know him well, "Are you showing your age old man?"

ianbabyyy said:
Allan tried fiercely to contain his grin, forcing a solemn, somber expression onto his face. "I am very very sorry, Breeze." He said, barely keeping the mirth from his voice. "I should not have said that you were scared. But there's nothing wrong with it. Being scared just means you have a chance to be brave, right?" He gently placed his hand back on the boy's head and gave him a soft smile. "I apologize, I shouldn't have teased you like that. Go ahead and tell the cook to give you a treat and then you can get back to work." The man took a step back, looking up to address the twins again, before something else occurred to him. "Oh, and if you see Emmony, tell her to stop being lazy. I don't care what she's doing, you tell her, and tell her it's from me."
He looked back up at the women then, gesturing towards the door. "After you, ladies."

(Short post, sorry!)

@Supermegabrenda2 @Idea

Felicia & Theresa

They smiled, and walked into the Tavern. They looked around the place, quite a few thoughts running through their heads. How did they keep this place? Did many people frequent it? How many people worked there?

They contained all these questions in their heads, though. They scanned the people around them. Surely some were drunk. Others were just having a fun time with their mates. Felicia and Theresa kept a kind expression, and waited for Allan. And the boy, in case he did follow them. They smiled softly at Allan.

"So, you and that girl, huh?"

Felicia said, wiggling her eyebrows. Theresa smirked.

@ianbabyyy @Idea

Joran Stronham

Knight of the Queen's Guard

"The Steel Wolf"

"I'll gladly return to my homeland the day my back creaks like an old

boat, friend," Joran would joke with a smirk as he eyed Vowforger,

hefting it in his hand and swinging it about. Despite having wielded

the blade for so long, he couldn't quite get over the craftsmanship

of the blade, and how blessed he was to be wielding the longsword.

He'd shift his gaze from Vowforger over to Obsidian Executioner's

Abyssal Plate, wondering which could withstand more punishment.

He always figured that Asavar's armor was more practical. Sure,

Vowforger could negate powerful attacks almost completely, but the

longsword could also be blown out of Joran's reach, which would

render the aura of spell immunity utterly useless. In contrast, Asavar's

armor would negate less magic, but would serve him well as he

couldn't be rendered of his armor as easily as Joran could be disarmed.

"
How goes your duties? Still remember the Red Viper technique I

taught you? Doubt you see much use of it," Joran would murmur as he

eyed the few remaining guards depart from the training grounds. The Red Viper was

an Narcelian technique. It involved dodging for the majority of a fight and

outlasting your enemy in endurance before rolling towards them. In the same

moment as the roll forwards, you would strike down at their exposed bodies. This

movement was preferable after the enemy goes for a tired slash or strike. It was

a technique relying on both stamina and dexterity, one of which Joran knew

Asavar had a bit of trouble mastering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back