The Queen's Madness - OOC

ianbabyyy said:
Oh, god, please don't ask me to detail anything right now. I'm not even sure I could write a decent roleplay response.
Why not? Sleepy? Thought you were an night owl?

Cosmo said:
@Idea Probably.. shoulda ran away when it wasn't raining... poor planning on my end.
I should've run away when the floor wasn't lava... I'd say I did a poor play but my ball didn't even go close to the net

Idea said:
I should've run away when the floor wasn't lava... I'd say I did a poor play but my ball didn't even go close to the net

giphy.gif

Yeah, @ianbabyyy has been working overtime, I can give you some thoughts Idea. Not as important, because I am just Cosmo, but better then nothing, right?

Cosmo said:
giphy.gif

Yeah, @ianbabyyy has been working overtime, I can give you some thoughts Idea. Not as important, because I am just Cosmo, but better then nothing, right?
(I was referencing soccer there)

I would live to hear any feedback from anyone. I just requested @ianbabyyy 's because she gave me really positive expectations for my characters, then she said they loved up to them, and I really like reading positive comments on my stuff cause I have a peacock's ego.

Last edited by a moderator:
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ianbabyyy" data-cite="ianbabyyy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="221614" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>-still uses female pronouns-</div></blockquote>

<p>

Sorry. Male's my default</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Idea" data-cite="Idea" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="221614" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>(I was referencing soccer there)<p>

I would live to hear any feedback from anyone. I just requested <a contenteditable="false" rel="external nofollow" href="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/36029-ianbabyyy/" data-mentionid="36029">@ianbabyyy</a> 's because he gave me really positive expectations for my characters, then he said they loved up to them, and I really like reading positive comments on my stuff cause I have a peacock's ego.</p>

</div></blockquote>

<p>

Well, I can fill in. Poor substitute that I am. Mind I don't write in first person, I prefer 3rd person limited, but I shall do my best:</p>

<p>

<strong>What I like:</strong></p>

<p>

I think what I like most, about your posting, is that you seem always willing to involve anyone and everyone and that is very good to have as I know many people get disheartened if they don't have someone RPing with them from the get go. That is a very good skill to have that... I admit... I am not very good at. I tend to focus on one or two things at a time when I write.</p>

<p>

You are very good at staying true to character, especially, with your young dragon. I have always seen playing children to be one of the hardest things someone can do, but you are doing a very solid job. He reminds me of my nephew, funny enough.</p>

<p>

I think, overall, you are a very solid poster, very good at staying true to character and involving other people.</p>

<p>

<strong>The Meh:</strong></p>

<p>

Just like us all, you have minor typos here and there, but nothing bad enough to draw away from the post. The most I have seen is forgetting to cap a few things, and sometimes, you won't have a space between two words (I assume, just like with me, your mind goes faster then your fingers at times.)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p><strong>

Suggestion:</strong></p>

<p>

Spacing. You started off doing it, but later on, I assume when the post got smaller, you stopped using spacing. I know a part of me when I write doesn't want to space things that are a part of the same 'idea', but on an online forum like this, it just makes it easier to read.</p>

<p>

When they aren't spaced with, well, the above ^, it makes it look like a jumble of sentences and makes the eyes go: (xnx). Even in the samller post, like this:</p>

<p>

"That's because, because you're..." Before I had the chance to explain my reasoning, both the skeleton girls began laughing. I couldn't precise why they were laughing, but it felt like they were laughing at me. Tears grew on eyes as I pulled myself up without realizing it.</p>

<p>

"Hey, stop laughing, meanies!" I stomped my foot right there, causing the rock from the pavement where I stomped to freeze for a second.</p>

<p>

The meanies told me to tell them one reason why I thought they would eat me. No, those meanies would eat me anyway, I was sure of it, they were just mocking me first so I was more tender!</p>

<p>

"Because you're skeletons, grim-reapers!" I cried out, very literally. "That's just...what you do!"</p>

<p>

Just adding a few spaces so it becomes this:</p>

<p>

"That's because, because you're..." Before I had the chance to explain my reasoning, both the skeleton girls began laughing. I couldn't precise why they were laughing, but it felt like they were laughing at me. Tears grew on eyes as I pulled myself up without realizing it.</p>

<p>

"Hey, stop laughing, meanies!" I stomped my foot right there, causing the rock from the pavement where I stomped to freeze for a second. The meanies told me to tell them one reason why I thought they would eat me. No, those meanies would eat me anyway, I was sure of it, they were just mocking me first so I was more tender!</p>

<p>

"Because you're skeletons, grim-reapers!" I cried out, very literally. "That's just...what you do!"</p>

<p>

Just makes it cleaner and easier to read.</p>

<p>

<strong>Note:</strong> I got to do something, so I will be gone for like an hour or two.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Idea" data-cite="Idea" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="221614" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sorry. Male's my default</div></blockquote>

<p>

It's alright. It doesn't help that I have a generally male name. Just a gentle reminder. Gender neutral pronouns are also welcome.</p>

ianbabyyy said:
It's alright. It doesn't help that I have a generally male name. Just a gentle reminder. Gender neutral pronouns are also welcome.
I explained this before, but, where I live the gender neutral is actually the male, and it's hard to keep in mind that difference into English.

Idea said:
I explained this before, but, where I live the gender neutral is actually the male, and it's hard to keep in mind that difference into English.
I know, which is why I only reminded you. They/them and she/her all work as pronouns concerning me. I would thank you to use them, I don't like being misgendered.

Cosmo said:
Well, I can fill in. Poor substitute that I am. Mind I don't write in first person, I prefer 3rd person limited, but I shall do my best:
What I like:

I think what I like most, about your posting, is that you seem always willing to involve anyone and everyone and that is very good to have as I know many people get disheartened if they don't have someone RPing with them from the get go. That is a very good skill to have that... I admit... I am not very good at. I tend to focus on one or two things at a time when I write.

You are very good at staying true to character, especially, with your young dragon. I have always seen playing children to be one of the hardest things someone can do, but you are doing a very solid job. He reminds me of my nephew, funny enough.

I think, overall, you are a very solid poster, very good at staying true to character and involving other people.

The Meh:

Just like us all, you have minor typos here and there, but nothing bad enough to draw away from the post. The most I have seen is forgetting to cap a few things, and sometimes, you won't have a space between two words (I assume, just like with me, your mind goes faster then your fingers at times.)

Suggestion:

Spacing. You started off doing it, but later on, I assume when the post got smaller, you stopped using spacing. I know a part of me when I write doesn't want to space things that are a part of the same 'idea', but on an online forum like this, it just makes it easier to read.

When they aren't spaced with, well, the above ^, it makes it look like a jumble of sentences and makes the eyes go: (xnx). Even in the samller post, like this:

"That's because, because you're..." Before I had the chance to explain my reasoning, both the skeleton girls began laughing. I couldn't precise why they were laughing, but it felt like they were laughing at me. Tears grew on eyes as I pulled myself up without realizing it.

"Hey, stop laughing, meanies!" I stomped my foot right there, causing the rock from the pavement where I stomped to freeze for a second.

The meanies told me to tell them one reason why I thought they would eat me. No, those meanies would eat me anyway, I was sure of it, they were just mocking me first so I was more tender!

"Because you're skeletons, grim-reapers!" I cried out, very literally. "That's just...what you do!"

Just adding a few spaces so it becomes this:

"That's because, because you're..." Before I had the chance to explain my reasoning, both the skeleton girls began laughing. I couldn't precise why they were laughing, but it felt like they were laughing at me. Tears grew on eyes as I pulled myself up without realizing it.

"Hey, stop laughing, meanies!" I stomped my foot right there, causing the rock from the pavement where I stomped to freeze for a second. The meanies told me to tell them one reason why I thought they would eat me. No, those meanies would eat me anyway, I was sure of it, they were just mocking me first so I was more tender!

"Because you're skeletons, grim-reapers!" I cried out, very literally. "That's just...what you do!"

Just makes it cleaner and easier to read.

Note: I got to do something, so I will be gone for like an hour or two.
don]t think like that, you´re not inferior in any way, this was AWESOME criticism! Thank you!

ianbabyyy said:
What do you mean?
you keep saying how troublesome it is to put the species on the lore tab, but they seem to be exactly the same as the ones on the character sheet, so I wonder why not just copy paste them directly instead of copying word by word?

Idea said:
you keep saying how troublesome it is to put the species on the lore tab, but they seem to be exactly the same as the ones on the character sheet, so I wonder why not just copy paste them directly instead of copying word by word?
But I-I do copy/paste them. That doesn't mean it's not troublesome. I'm going through a bunch of BBCode to get it situated right, and when you're doing multiple at one time, as well as trying to keep up with this room, as well as trying to get other tabs organized, it gets really overwhelming.

ianbabyyy said:
But I-I do copy/paste them. That doesn't mean it's not troublesome. I'm going through a bunch of BBCode to get it situated right, and when you're doing multiple at one time, as well as trying to keep up with this room, as well as trying to get other tabs organized, it gets really overwhelming.
I can´t really see the need for the BBcode, but I suppose that is a matter of preference, and you could just keep multiple browser windows open... (when not on phone, of course)

Idea said:
I can´t really see the need for the BBcode, but I suppose that is a matter of preference, and you could just keep multiple browser windows open... (when not on phone, of course)
The BBcode is what keeps it tidy and allows rpers to access information without digging for it. And I currently have 5 browser tabs open for this roleplay alone. That doesn't make it any less overwhelming.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LadyArdent" data-cite="LadyArdent" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="221614" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Should i wait for more action...?</div></blockquote>

<p>

it´s this simple: if you need attention quickly you either have to set your character in such a way she´ll come in contact with someone who´s free or you have to get her to barge into someone else´s conversation</p>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back