The Queen's Madness - OOC

What is currency worth? I don't think we've set that up very well.

I was thinking of the D&D gold worth. Copper, then Silver, then Gold, and then Platinum.

So one hundred silver would equal one gold which is enough to buy plenty of food and a few nights in a tavern, if I remember 2nd Edition correctly.

SirFlab's character Thoros offered Gareth some Silver Dragons, I believe. They also mentioned Golden Crowns, I believe.

Cosmo said:
@KillThemAll We need a theme song.
I remember seeing something about coins... Golden Crowns, Silver Dragons and something... which begs the question... what is the money system?

Is it 1 Gold = 10 Silver?

1 Silver = 10 Copper?
usually it´s 1 gold= 100 silver and 1 silver= 100 copper. At least that's the one I know.

Idea said:
usually it´s 1 gold= 100 silver and 1 silver= 100 copper. At least that's the one I know.
yeah, but 100 silver for one gold seems crazy.

I can see a hundred copper for a silver... but 100 silver for a gold? Crazy high. But increments of one hundred would be easy to remember.

@ianbabyyy Thoughts on the money system?

KillThemAll said:
Also, just noticed that Cosmo posted something involving Joran.
Whoopsie.
Lol I said I would.

Idea said:
It IS a fanatasy world
Yeah, gotta make room for convenience at times. Just like how almost no RP character ever seems to need to use the bathroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure the poster is warranted quite yet, as it is only the beginning of whispers, but I definitely like it.

@Vantruss

I made it in regards that the Queen's Madness has been ordered to be shut down multiple times, but nobody seems to care.

Copper Lions

Silver Dragons

Gold Crowns

Platinum...

What's better than a Crown?

Lion < Dragon < Crown < ???

ianbabyyy said:
I like it so far. As I apparently am totally lost, did you guys settle on a possible exchange rate?
Was in a post way back when. We are just settling on how much each are worth, think 1 Gold = 100 Silver

1 Silver = 100 Copper

Is the consensus, but I think Kill wants to add Plat to the list.

Just an idea. I was thinking that the currency was based on the D&D Currency System, which is 100 of the previous and lesser currency = 1 of the next advancing currency level. Platinum is included in that, but I'm not sure we need it very much.

Cosmo said:
Was in a post way back when. We are just settling on how much each are worth, think 1 Gold = 100 Silver
1 Silver = 100 Copper

Is the consensus, but I think Kill wants to add Plat to the list.
That sounds good to me, I'll make a note of it so it doesn't get lost.

@KillThemAll You.. know... if Joran and Asavar really fought, it would be like Obi-Wan and Anakin... the older master who prefers defensive styles vs the younger old apprentice who prefers offensive styles...

@Cosmo

True, only I don't think the high ground would be as much of an advantage for Joran, considering Asavar would be tall enough to still hit his legs.

@KillThemAll "I got the high ground! So don't even try it, I am... ..... At.... the same... height as you....

>.> Didn't think this through."

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back