The Queen's Madness - OOC

I have a race called the Vavin on the back burner. I like them, would be challenging to RPing them though given their... nature. :D Look forward to seeing what you create with this race.

Oooh, I know something fun I can do.

I'll keep track of all the references to cities and Lore that SirFlab makes in every post. I bet I could get in four-hundred words by the end of the RP.

@Supermegabrenda2 you do realize this is a medieval fantasy setting? It´s incredibly rare for anyone other than royalty (and thinking about it, even within royalty) to actually have white teeth. The things we use to keep our teeth white are based off chemical reactions and pressure that wasn´t discovered until much later than the middle ages (I can´t precise exactly when, but I think 18th, 19th or 20th centuries.)

Idea said:
@Supermegabrenda2 you do realize this is a medieval fantasy setting? It´s incredibly rare for anyone other than royalty (and thinking about it, even within royalty) to actually have white teeth. The things we use to keep our teeth white are based off chemical reactions and pressure that wasn´t discovered until much later than the middle ages (I can´t precise exactly when, but I think 18th, 19th or 20th centuries.)
I believe they had teeth cleaning powder in the 18th century, so that is when I would guess white teeth started appearing often in the richer circles. (I think they used ground up flowers... Sage? Maybe? to whiten the teeth). Also around this time, IIRC, that dentures and what not started appearing.

Idea said:
I do realize that. What she means is like water. And Succubi have natural white teeth, so for them, just a rinse and it's all good. And they don't eat anything, they suck energy force out of people. Therefore making it much easier.

If I were a Mage, I'd probably make money off of being a medieval dentist.

Actually, that's an amazing idea. I'd have the shiniest teeth in the world. It'd only be an illusion though, so they'd have to keep paying me for white teeth. Perfect business.

Supermegabrenda2 said:
I do realize that. What she means is like water. And Succubi have natural white teeth, so for them, just a rinse and it's all good. And they don't eat anything, they suck energy force out of people. Therefore making it much easier.

I am not saying your character´s shouldn´t have white teeth, I am saying that they shouldn´t take it as a common thing to have white teeth, because in the setting this takes place in, that´s definitely not common, and just washing with water, does not make your teeth white again.

Cosmo said:
I believe they had teeth cleaning powder in the 18th century, so that is when I would guess white teeth started appearing often in the richer circles. (I think they used ground up flowers... Sage? Maybe? to whiten the teeth). Also around this time, IIRC, that dentures and what not started appearing.
yeah, most likely similar to what we call toothpaste today, which is actually a base that reacts with our saliva thus removing part of our teeth and most microorganisms there with those bits.

Idea said:
I am not saying your character´s shouldn´t have white teeth, I am saying that they shouldn´t take it as a common thing to have white teeth, because in the setting this takes place in, that´s definitely not common, and just washing with water, does not make your teeth white again.
O no I didn't mean it like that. I just stated a few facts. Sorry if it sounded rude.

Idea said:
yeah, most likely similar to what we call toothpaste today, which is actually a base that reacts with our saliva thus removing part of our teeth and most microorganisms there with those bits.
Mhm, I know the act of brushing teeth didn't come until the 19th, but I can swear they had 'powder' they used long before that.

Cosmo said:
Mhm, I know the act of brushing teeth didn't come until the 19th, but I can swear they had 'powder' they used long before that.
even if they did, the process would have come far ahead of whatever existed in the medieval ages.

Supermegabrenda2 said:
O no I didn't mean it like that. I just stated a few facts. Sorry if it sounded rude.

no, no, you didn´t. It´s just that in your post, your character state very bluntly that "Teeth are white if you clean 'em" which is not a true statement in the medieval ages, and pretty much everyone who lived in those days (like your characters) would know that.

KillThemAll said:
If I were a Mage, I'd probably make money off of being a medieval dentist.
Actually, that's an amazing idea. I'd have the shiniest teeth in the world. It'd only be an illusion though, so they'd have to keep paying me for white teeth. Perfect business.
Yes please. Can this be a thing? I think this should be a thing.

Sage ground with salt crystals was one popular mixture.

Ha! I did remember correctly! It was sage!

giphy.gif

Also, @SirFlabberghaspy has fallen asleep, so you may have to wait a bit for his reply.

And it's a shame that people didn't have terrible teeth. That wizard dentist idea is another one for the rubbish.

KillThemAll said:
And it's a shame that people didn't have terrible teeth. That wizard dentist idea is another one for the rubbish.
Sad, it was a very clever idea.

Idea said:
no, no, you didn´t. It´s just that in your post, your character state very bluntly that "Teeth are white if you clean 'em" which is not a true statement in the medieval ages, and pretty much everyone who lived in those days (like your characters) would know that.
Oh okay.

But you where still proven wrong. xD

Don't worry, I'm aware, just referring to him as 'young dragon' through third-person literature rather than Siara's knowledge. She's got no idea he's a dragon.

@Idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back