The Queen's Madness - OOC

KillThemAll said:
I'm going to start a chat for our secret dastardly plots. @Cosmo
Would like to surprise people, as the majority is in the Rebellion (presumably).
Our dastardly plots of dastardation the likes of which the pesky heroes of days younder hath not the faintest of chance!?

-_- Cause I tire of seeing the poor minions butchered like animals just so the heroes can show off how awesome and great they are. I say, fellow, they should Unionize!

(I can start the convo man).

ianbabyyy said:
I would like to do some sort of raid or attack on the tavern in the near(ish) future. Whether it's an official one from the guards/soldiers, or just a random angry (maybe drunk) group. (A regular bar fight would be fun too actually.)
I think an official raid will be a massive undertaking if 'official' means the Queen's Guard sanctioned it. A large part of why Asavar is recording the names of everyone is he is studying it, finding the time when they are all gathered, when he can kill/capture the most... That seems like something that would happen just prior to the rebellion really kicking off.

A drunken group doing it, or the local city guards not knowing what Asavar intended, would be awesome because... dear god... they would have made an enemy of the rebellion and the queen's guard. But, yeah, I am game. But an official raid would start the domino effect, as it were.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kneckt is kind of a merc, actually. It may take some convincing regarding the possibility of him joining either side...

Idea said:
Kneckt is kind of a merc, actually. It may take some convincing regarding the possibility of him joining either side...
Already contemplating bribing him down the line and seeing what happens. I did so the moment I read his CS. ( ;) )

Cosmo said:
A drunken group doing it, or the local city guards not knowing what Asavar intended, would be awesome because... dear god... they would have made an enemy of the rebellion and the queen's guard.
Agreed. And I think, while an official raid would terrify and subdue the commoners, a smaller group of local guards would just piss them off more. (I mean, they kinda like the tavern.)

ianbabyyy said:
Agreed. And I think, while an official raid would terrify and subdue the commoners, a smaller group of local guards would just piss them off more. (I mean, they kinda like the tavern.)
Exactly, they would attack, far more disorganized then one led by Asavar or Joran, so most of them would be able to escape (especially any PCs, although if any did let themselves get captured.. huh, would be neat) and, in the process, likely bloody their noses which would be bad publicity.

What kind of message does it send when they are trying to oppress people for little reason, in the eyes of the commoners, and more so, when they fail to do it competently?

Idea said:
oh, ok. No, I just updated it with a voice and a couple details about his race.
I will be sure to check it out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Idea said:
oh, ok. No, I just updated it with a voice and a couple details about his race.
Ack. What do you mean you updated his race? Now I have to go do more work! -grumble- And here I thought I was done.

( :P )

Cosmo said:
especially any PCs, although if any did let themselves get captured.. huh, would be neat
If they let themselves be captured I'd fear for their lives. Or maybe their limbs. Allan's not a very nice person. And, hey, gotta get information from somewhere.

ianbabyyy said:
Ack. What do you mean you updated his race? Now I have to go do more work! -grumble- And here I thought I was done.

( :P )
I thought you already knew, I mean, I told you yesterday-

ianbabyyy said:
If they let themselves be captured I'd fear for their lives. Or maybe their limbs. Allan's not a very nice person. And, hey, gotta get information from somewhere.
Lol I meant PCs getting captured by the Guard... :D

Ohhh, I am totally going to run something by you in a PM in a second.

Idea said:
I thought you already knew, I mean, I told you yesterday-
Idea said:
also, @ianbabyyy , you know you can just copy/paste things, right?
I don't think I was actually, like, a living human being yesterday. I honestly don't remember what I did in the slightest.

And yeah, but when you copy and paste and fight with your internet and your laptop 20 times in the space of ten minutes, it starts to get tiring. My laptop is running so fucking slow lately.

Cosmo said:
Lol I meant PCs getting captured by the Guard... :D
Ohhh, I am totally going to run something by you in a PM in a second.
Oh, well, yeah, that would also really really suck. Probably worse.

And okie dokie.

@ianbabyyy

Perhaps the Rebels and Queen's Forces should fight over various resources?

Namely, I was suggesting them fighting for the influence of a Thieve's Guild, maybe some Sellswords and the allegiance of various Noble houses around Lathien.

ianbabyyy said:
I don't think I was actually, like, a living human being yesterday. I honestly don't remember what I did in the slightest.
And yeah, but when you copy and paste and fight with your internet and your laptop 20 times in the space of ten minutes, it starts to get tiring. My laptop is running so fucking slow lately.
Believe me, I can relate.

KillThemAll said:
Perhaps the Rebels and Queen's Forces should fight over various resources?
Namely, I was suggesting them fighting for the influence of a Thieve's Guild, maybe some Sellswords and the allegiance of various Noble houses around Lathien.
I'm not sure. The Rebels would really want to keep any sort of fighting to the absolute minimum. Especially since I don't believe the Queen's Guard see the rebellion as much of a threat at the moment.

ianbabyyy said:
I'm not sure. The Rebels would really want to keep any sort of fighting to the absolute minimum. Especially since I don't believe the Queen's Guard see the rebellion as much of a threat at the moment.
Don't even know it exist at the moment. Asavar still thinks if he can move fast enough he can stop one from starting.... not so much in the 'quelling' stage.

Joran is sort of just chilling. Well, as much as a knight designated to serve an insane queen can. He'd probably try to secure allies if the rebellion becomes a full-on threat.

Cosmo said:
Asavar still thinks if he can move fast enough he can stop one from starting....
Little does he know...

giphy.gif

Mmmm, noodles and hamburger meatballs.

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.

Also, I'm considering being an elven slave if we make another RP in this setting.

KillThemAll said:
Mmmm, noodles and hamburger meatballs.
I don't know what I'm doing with my life.

Also, I'm considering being an elven slave if we make another RP in this setting.
Unf, quit it, you're gonna make me hungry. And I can completely sympathize. I haven't the faintest idea what I'm doing. I'm also bad at adulting.

That sounds like fun. I'm not sure who I'd bring into a new RP. I might make a new race.

Maybe it could be in the North, all snowy and jazz?

Mmm, Skyrim...

Anyway, I was thinking of making two characters; the Elven slave and the Master. The Master is a nice person, but the Slave acts scared at their every word anyway, due to abuse from a former master. However, maybe the Master ends up dying or something, therefore pushing the Slave to break out of their shell.

Just an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back