The Lounge. (OOCness) [Uncivilized Providence]

Ooh, another Lunar. What would that be like?

And to answer Axel's question, Quill's native language is Skytongue, though he picked up Riverspeak when he joined the Silver Pact, and also speaks Old Realm, because the Fae speak it and, well, that's important to know.

Now, see, that's where we hit an impasse, because Darwi only speaks Low Realm and Old Realm but Cybele doesn't speak Old Realm.

That means we have no lingua franca here.

Cybele's sheet says she speaks Low Realm. Reida doesn't speak Old Realm anyway.

The language divvy is as follows: either Darwi is the only one who can't understand (Riverspeak), Quill is the only one who can't understand (Low Realm), or both Cybele and Reida are left in the dark (Old Realm).

Considering the ridiculous usefulness of Riverspeak among a group that needs to avoid the Realm as much as possible, I think you should probably have spent your dots a bit differently, Axelgear. Quill probably should have taken Low Realm given that we start off on a Realm planet (and that's probably what all the NPCs besides the little Fae have been using), but he does already have two extra languages, one of which nobody else knows.

Besides, if we went around conversing in Old Realm, we'd get the WEIRDEST looks.

NPCs usually speak both Low Realm and Riverspeak here on Talap, but now that you've drawn my attention to it...

TherealBrickwall said:
Considering the ridiculous usefulness of Riverspeak among a group that needs to avoid the Realm as much as possible, I think you should probably have spent your dots a bit differently, Axelgear.
Darwi was born and raised in a Realm prison camp, then sent to live in a place that was mostly made up of Realm outcasts. She didn't really have any chance to learn Riverspeak.

As for speaking Old Realm, I was just stating that we have no lingua franca; no language that we ALL speak. Darwi's been speaking Low Realm the entire time.

ZombieKitty said:
Hello guys ^^ Hoping to join the RP very soon, just in the process of typing up back-story and whatnot for my character~
Extremely belated greetings to you.

I'm spending 4 xp to raise Darwi's Investigation to 2. It's 3 weeks to train a new ability to 1 (kinda ridiculous since it's caste and Investigation, for pity's sake), but it's immediate after that since it's caste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back