• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Iron Empire- OCC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Daylight Fantasy Daylight Fantasy hey just a heads up before you get too far into the CS. Great spirits cannot be Bound to people. They went dormant and were corrupted by Dagons Dark forces.

Also it would present a conflict of interest when we inevitably get to him down the road. You are welcome to create your own water type extra-dimensional being, or Have water as your natural element if you so choose. Other than that it looks good so far.

Announcement/Question:

Should i make a CS for Eric Lucas or leave him nebulous?
I would say go ahead and make one for him if you want. He's bascially the emperor's right hand man and if he ever decided to travel with the group he could easily keep Clyde updated on events. That's just imo though. ^^

Speaking of characters, I'm in the process of brainstorming for mine. Thinking my OC will be a hot blooded cleric atm but not sure. Is there any way I could have her be able to use both dark and light magic respectively but have some sort of drawback?

I would say go ahead and make one for him if you want. He's bascially the emperor's right hand man and if he ever decided to travel with the group he could easily keep Clyde updated on events. That's just imo though. ^^

Speaking of characters, I'm in the process of brainstorming for mine. Thinking my OC will be a hot blooded cleric atm but not sure. Is there any way I could have her be able to use both dark and light magic respectively but have some sort of drawback?
Contracts with multiple beings is indeed possible the more divergent they are the more costly using their power would be. For example a deity of Justice, and a Demon of murder would he opposing forces so the deeds or powers done/used by each would incur the ire of the other. They do have more neutral beings as well that use both light and dark such as Deities of luck, (which can manifest as good or bad luck). In short any dual usage would be more diverse in capacities but have a higher risk up to and including spell failure or backfire.

i took your advice and made Eric a CS. He will for the most part be absent except when needed but i feel he is a good example of what can be achieved in this setting.

Daylight Fantasy Daylight Fantasy hey just a heads up before you get too far into the CS. Great spirits cannot be Bound to people. They went dormant and were corrupted by Dagons Dark forces.

Also it would present a conflict of interest when we inevitably get to him down the road. You are welcome to create your own water type extra-dimensional being, or Have water as your natural element if you so choose. Other than that it looks good so far.

alr, gotcha 🫡

still weighing the options but i'm leaning towards creating an extra-dimensional for him.

Sheet for my char is done
Nicely done. I would love to use the serpent as a means of complicating things down the line if you are okay with that.

Also if you would like we could have Eric being helpful to her attempt at faking her death. Or Clyde himself for that matter. Though neither is necessary im sure she could have figured it out herself. Your choice.

Nicely done. I would love to use the serpent as a means of complicating things down the line if you are okay with that.

Also if you would like we could have Eric being helpful to her attempt at faking her death. Or Clyde himself for that matter. Though neither is necessary im sure she could have figured it out herself. Your choice.
Feel free to use the serpent, I havent set anything for them after the war so they have a lot of wiggle room. As for the assassination attempt, I think it can be good of Eric and Zeneb got into contact during that time. Give them reason to know each other, maybe she offered some information in exchange for helping fake her death.

Announcement: This weekend has given me some time to think, and bounce ideas off of my lovely wife.

I will be removing my CS’s for Dot and Eric. Dot will be downgraded to a NPC character in the town of Norville. Mostly because his character is the embodiment of the meme “i cast fist” and beyond that punchline (Pun intended) i don’t have much planned for him.

Meanwhile eric will be rewritten from scratch to be a younger, Less OP character (though still strong) and will be worked into the story as my player character. His rework will be complete, as in he wont be an artificer he wont be a cyborg, he will be younger, more fallible, and less mysterious with his capabilities than the current eric.

All of this stems from a deep conversation i had that essentially boiled down to a nearly 200 year old professor looks alot more like he groomed Clyde to be emperor and his calculating nature made it seem as if he PLANNED for a bunch of folks to die in the war. Neither of these is meant to be the case so i will be retconning him into a more suitable friend/Rival/advisor to the Emperor.

If anyone has some suggestions or would prefer i not shift things around please make your arguments known.

I never realize that Eric was the secret post-game BBEG
See that was the conflict. He isn’t, but seems like he could be and i don’t t really like that. So im gonna make a much more balanced approach to him.

Emphasizing enchanting magic, smithing, and Warrior class features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back