The End is Nigh(Exalted 2.5)

WarDragon said:
Me? I put a concept up a few pages ago. I'll get to work on fleshing it out some... though someone else already duplicated a lot of what I was going to do mechanically.
For Infernals, do the free Excellencies cover all purchases of a single Yozi Excellency, or just one?
I don't remember right now, I think I answered that in the thread some where, sorry for not remembering that you submitted a character. Really sleepy right now as I just finished school for the week. I will be more organized and finalize/make all information much easier to find as soon as the forums are up and I start breaking everything up into different threads.

Night all!

delicious numbers

• Appearance

Name: Mnemon Layoro

Caste: Night

Motive: Assassinate the Doomtrain's Fetch Soul

Layoro was born to house Mnemon, one of the oldest and most powerful Houses of the Scarlet Dynasty. Originally named Mnemon Layoro, He was expected like many children to Exalt and further the glory of his own house. He was given the best teachings, the best training and the best support that was possible, all in the expectation that he would soon Exalt.

It seemed however, that Layoro was destined to not become one of the Dragon's Chosen. At 17 years of age, almost nearing the latest possible point in which most Dragon-Blooded Exalt, he was declared a wash by his family and shunted away, given the menial task of assisting in managing the affairs of his House. He did his job dutifully and proudly, but was largely ignored by the rest of the House.

In time, he became of marrying age. The bride-to-be in question was Silver Phoenix, a Water Aspected Dragon Blooded whom Layoro had met once or twice before. The pair got along well enough, but both felt that the marriage was a mistake. Silver Phoenix felt that her prospects were better elsewhere, and Layoro was of the opinion that he could better serve his house were he was. However, the Dowery was paid and the date was set, and the only thing either could do was try for a last-second appeal. Layoro spoke animately, trying to persuade the Magistrate as best he could, with Silver Phoenix backing him.

During a particular animate part of his speech, the thoughts and opinions of those who spoke against him seem to become crystal clear, and his newfound insight drove him to make more impassioned arguments, seemingly convincing the assembled parties of the rightness of his words. However, after the closing arguments had been made, those who had not fallen sway to his words soon saw a shining golden ring on his head, labeling him Anethema, it seemed that his success was now doomed to failure.

Layoro's Exaltation was almost cut short with the swing of a halberd, nearly decapitating him. As an Anethema, he was forced to flee both friends and family. Covering his head to hide the mark, he went to a close friend of his, Lochatau Lesax, a Fire Aspect Dragon Blooded who had taken a fond liking to Layoro when they were children, and was nice enough to still accept him even after his failed Exaltation. Lying to Lesax, he managed to convince him to smuggle Layoro off the Blessed Isle, taking him to the city of Chiaroscuro. There he remained in hiding for several years, avoiding the Wyld Hunt as best he could.

Eventually however, old memories stirring within his mind made it impossible for him to simply stay hidden. In particular one memory stood out above all others. His old home, hidden away in the hills.

Braving the outdoors, he made the climb to his old Mense, reclaiming his bracers. It was oddly fitting that it was THAT precise moment that the Wyld Hunt should find him, having been tracking his poor attempts to remain hidden as he traveled. Fleeing as best he could, while trying to fend off their assaults, he ran in to Lochatau Lesax, now an Immaculate Monk. Outraged at Layoro and disgraced for his treachery, Lesax's only form of reclaiming his lost honor was to bring in Layoro's head. Managing to fend off the Wyld Hunt, he felt his best chance at survival was to not stay in one place too long.

While much of his past remains hidden away, he knows it's only a matter of time until it comes back to bite him.

I'm having trouble finding this terrifying argent witches thing. The link in the character creation area is invalid (at least, it was for me).

So... I would like to play.... but I am not sure how many people are involved here and the numbers boggle me. How many Infernals so far? *wants to play one*

I have to admit that by the sheer amount of players interested, I'm a bit concerned by the speed in which the game will be able to progress, such huge numbers usually slow down the story if you're waiting on responses from a fair amount of players, and progressing the story somewhat individually or by small groups will leave several threads that will be hard to keep track of, and might leave some players in the dark.

[QUOTE="Lord-Leafar]I have to admit that by the sheer amount of players interested, I'm a bit concerned by the speed in which the game will be able to progress, such huge numbers usually slow down the story if you're waiting on responses from a fair amount of players, and progressing the story somewhat individually or by small groups will leave several threads that will be hard to keep track of, and might leave some players in the dark.

[/QUOTE]
I will be on top of things do not worry :D !

MrSerious said:
Artifact 4: Beam Goremaul (Jade)
Speed 4, Acc +2, Damage +16B/4, Def +1, Rate 2, Attune 8, 5m activation
Just spotted this. Worth pointing out: This is the statline of a pre-2.5 Grand Goremaul. Post 2.5, the statline (including the Jade MM bonus) would be Speed 5, Acc +0, Damage +16/3B, Def -1, Rate 1. Check the Scroll of Errata.

Taliesin said:
Just spotted this. Worth pointing out: This is the statline of a pre-2.5 Grand Goremaul. Post 2.5, the statline (including the Jade MM bonus) would be Speed 5, Acc +0, Damage +16/3B, Def -1, Rate 1. Check the Scroll of Errata.
Just to point out...a beam goremaul makes absolutely zero sense.

Argh. Just double checked my character and I have no idea what I was doing. Can anyone help me whip up a paladin flavoured Zenith?

shepsquared said:
Argh. Just double checked my character and I have no idea what I was doing. Can anyone help me whip up a paladin flavoured Zenith?
On a related note, can anyone explain Terrifying Argent Witches to me to see if I might wanna try making Hunger one?

Or, as I prefer to think of it, Lunars being Dionysian Witch-Kings of nightmare and shadow to the Solars' Apollonian God-Kings of light and glory.

Another question for the ST; I'm thinking of taking By Rage Recast, so I need to know what version of mutations we're using? This one is my favorite rewrite of them, but I could live with the by-the-book ones, too.

WarDragon said:
Or, as I prefer to think of it, Lunars being Dionysian Witch-Kings of nightmare and shadow to the Solars' Apollonian God-Kings of light and glory.
Hmm...that tempts me to look at it for Hunger. I'd not even have to change her name for it. On the other hand, I'd lose Dread Lord's Demeanor, Shade-Walker Prana, and Hungry Darkness Prana. >.>

and I have my hands full with a game of 8 players. Wow.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]There is space forever. The idea and concept of the game calls for a large amount of players and different circles working toward the grand picture of things. With the ocastional crossover.
So yes if you wish to join go ahead, I don't plan to limit the game any time soon.

[/QUOTE]
Hmmmm... Will have to think on this.

Also, custom charms... allowed?

Okay, you convinced me with the implication that there's going to be room for everything.

I've got a couple designs in my toolkit, I just need to find a group I'd hang out well with--or go it alone maybe?

Okay. This should be Hunger's reworked and finished sheet.

• Title: Insatiable Hunger of the Charnel Sea

Caste: Dusk

Anima Banner: A jet-black siaka stalks warily through grey seas, its maw trailing billowing clouds of violet blood.

Theme:

Appearance:

So many cool characters. I think I need to wait for the character forum to go up to finalize mine (because she's all over the place in Integrity, Linguistics, Investigation, War, and Performance).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back