• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Empowered - A Superpowers Hosted Project

Nnnnnhhhh I just quit another roleplay because the GM was an impatient douche and now I don't feel like roleplaying anymore. ;-;

I'll come back in a few weeks when I feel like doing this stuff again.

But by then, it'll have already started. Whatever. I'll be leaving now. Bye!

Alright.Good luck. And also it's unlikely to have started by then probably. And Hosted projects are huge and always accepting if characters meet their criteria

@Salt Lord

Last edited by a moderator:
@Maximus please specify more, and know this is not yet officially starting. I'm trying to check interest before putting in a request and continuing to create plot

This seems very interesting! I've always loved the idea of having randomly assigned powers for an RP, so I'm definitely up for this. Sadly I don't see many people who like to play weaker characters or ones that they don't get to power up themselves. Well, if this gets going the randomness will definitely be what I go for.

So a Rhino is fine?

9ef7f745e703898522619718a36fd09d.jpg

Interested. What time period would it be in? Past, present, future? Also can we pick one power and choose random for the rest? Like pick one mundane ability and the remaining "points" be chosen by you?

I'm interested!

What about force field? Or manipulation of force energy? Or... Nullification?

EDIT: What about Power Mimicry?

If we choose to go the random route when do we find out our powers?

That sounds kind of scarily exciting to me.

Note: I tried to go to "Superpower.wiki" and ended up in a wiki specializing in countries haha :')

But I found the actual one and tried random paging a few times actually pretty cool stuff on there B)

Yay! This sounds like an AWESOME Idea. Just wondering, where would duplication fall? Like, temporary copies of yourself. Also, where would bubble/foam generation fall, in the scale?

@TigerDetective

The setting will be 2016. And yes, random + a single choice ability is possible if you want, but by choosing it could still only add to 5 rather than 6. As such you could get a 4, but not a 5.

@too much idea

Force field - 3

Force energy - 4

Nullification and mimicry - 3/4 based on how you go about it. Like touch based temporarily nullifying or mimicking would be 3. Someone throwing out walls of nuklfying energy. Or copying anything they saw and using at equivalent levels easily. Those would both be 4s.

@Pretzel Heart

If you go the random route all random choosing members will be assigned powers in a word doc, and you will be informed via pm by myself or a ST. Cause I'm greedy probably me cx

When is still an idea. But I think after the initial powerless days, it'd be fun to tell you as the morning ic that everyone gets then. Or just before. For maximum surprise and craziness.

And I know, right?! I love just randoming around superpower.wikia

@Somersault

Duplication would depend. If your copies are solid, 3. If they are illusory 2. Just know that you won't be tossing out dozens+ copies in the early portion of the rp. But worry not, it would be possible as your character grew.

Bubble/foam generation. Hmmm. 2/3 based on how you spin it. More of a 2 in most cases.

I really like the randomization aspect, almost makes it realistic, and it will be challenging to work around whatever power we get (I am just in general unlucky so I'm mentally preparing, lol). I'm in if/when this becomes a thing. B)

@Pretzel Heart Glad to hear it. And don't worry, I'm sure you'll get something fun. Cx

If you wanna spread the word to your friends (without doing so in the wrong places) I'd appreciate it. The bigger interest generated, the more likely this is to be in the (semi) near future.

Looking forward to it -Waves goodbye to the hype train as it chugs off into the distance-

I'm still relatively new to this site but I'll try and spread the word (*^*)

Sorry if this is tangential, but I noticed that you said this was a "hosted project?" What exactly does that mean? -Points to above statement of newbishness-

A hosted project is a special kind of rp. Meant to last quite long term. Includes many members and is always open. Has more than one GM, or at least can. And has the ability to create forums and subforums within itself. Quite the massive undertaking, a rper needs a 1000 (or thereabouts) posts, a history of reliability. And they need to generate interest and put in a request to le Admins to get it started.

This sounds awesome! I'm definitely interested and want to be a part of this!

Will certainly be taking the random choice when it comes to powers

Thanks for the explanation. (*^*)

But ah man you really have your work cut out for you. But this'll be awesome if it sails. How exciting! (OuO)

I got power borrowing.

Also, can we not use the site too much? It really slows down my PC for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back