The Echoes of Absence

Brown rice is effectively whole-grain rice, yes. Like whole-grain flour, the hull hasn't been removed (one says that rice has or hasn't been 'polished'). There are however things like 'wild rice' and purple rice (am I getting the name right?) that could be considered 'more' whole-grain.

I personally think that such an idea is silly. Brown rice is perfectly good, and I'd be surprised if you honestly couldn't find it in a supermarket that deals in rice. But what do I know, I'm a crazy American.

Me too! Insanity ensues.

I probably wasn't looking hard enough, or looked over it. Considering that I probably didn't put much effort into it, that sounds about right. :P With the other types of rice though, that's interesting. I imagine organic food nuts love it, and it's probably a lot more expensive?

fhgwdads05 said:
Me too! Insanity ensues.
I probably wasn't looking hard enough, or looked over it. Considering that I probably didn't put much effort into it, that sounds about right. :P With the other types of rice though, that's interesting. I imagine organic food nuts love it, and it's probably a lot more expensive?
They're probably more expensive but I don't know by how much. They may actually be better for you, they certainly bring more flavor into a dish, but I've just never really bothered with them. Brown is perfectly good, and I don't much like how wild rice or whatever tastes.

Of course all we use around the apartment is white. Basmati, actually. My girlfriend's kinda die-hard about her white rice. There's even a comic on our fridge about it.

I might be down tomorrow due to the sleepover at the office... nah just bitchin' 8)

I wish... but there are no pillows here, the employees are going to see my zombie face tomorrow morning

BRAAAAAIIIINZZ ! :lol:

Fortunately I have my full discography of AC/DC on my ipod, better than any resistance charms against exhaustion.

Screw fatigue !

Silly fool... you should be indulging yourself in the forbidden pleasure of Coke and Pop.

My sensei used to say "don't do drugs or I'll make your ass orbit around Mars with my left foot" (yeah he was a fan of JCVD)... the guy is still twice my weight (138 kgs), so my survival instincts scream to me "stay the hell away from drugs even miles from him, because if you do drugs and see him, he'll know" !

Old classics are my only hope for surviving this night and the coming day... it's almost 6am here, I did pretty good, almost wrapped up the projects I had to write up for a big client. Today's gonna be hell though !

I personally prefer to substitute dots in Resistance and a few good Stunts for something as petty as sleep.

Sleep is for the weak! Or those who don't suffer from insomnia! Either way, stop bitching!

:P

I'll tell you this, sleeping more than 12 hours makes you particularily full of life the next day :lol:

Braydz said:
Two words for you, mon ami: Turkish coffee.
You'll never sleep again. :)
Don't listen to his lies. You obviously know that Brazilian coffee is the only caffeine drug worth using. It's a certain slap in your brain.

Bah, you foolish mortals and your stimulants! Don't you know that such things are a crutch? :P

All you need is to get a good case of insomnia! You'll never sleep again! No matter how much you might want to...

Arthur said:
Braydz said:
Don't listen to his lies. You obviously know that Brazilian coffee is the only caffeine drug worth using. It's a certain slap in your brain.
FOOLS!!! LISTEN to my lies!!!!!

Turkish coffee is a 'grind' and way of preparing it. Preferably you use a medium-roast but the coffee doesn't have to be from Turkey by any means!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regretfully, I find my energon levels low lately and must thus go into hibernation mode for a bit... I'll be back as soon as I get more energon cubes.

Braydz said:
Arthur said:
Braydz said:
FOOLS!!! LISTEN to my lies!!!!!

Turkish coffee is a 'grind' and way of preparing it. Preferably you use a medium-roast but the coffee doesn't have to be from Turkey by any means!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh. Ok. Carry on, then.

Alright, I'm back. Posting may (I'm sorry, will) be spotty while I get some family things that popped up while i was gone taken care of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back