• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Dream Eater : Of Hopes and Nightmares - OOC (OPEN)

What are you looking forward to?

• Fightning monsters

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Interacting with others

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • The plot

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Nothing, just along for the ride

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Would it be possible for someone to keep their powers a secret?
I think it would be reasonably easy to do so if I was allowed

Would it be possible for someone to keep their powers a secret?
I think it would be reasonably easy to do so if I was allowed
The gift a Dreamer gained from their dream can be kept a secret to their peers and the general public,but the UNRMAS staff will have a general idea of it since they've been monitoring the students even before recruitment and it's their job to control/suppress if something goes wrong

I was hoping that it could've been kept a secret from UNRMAS until much later, I was kind of planning that he'd be one of the early children who had received their powers but I'm not quite sure if everything fits together yet

I was hoping that it could've been kept a secret from UNRMAS until much later, I was kind of planning that he'd be one of the early children who had received their powers but I'm not quite sure if everything fits together yet
The First Dreamers are all non-playable characters, because the idea is for you guys to play the new kids, experience a butt load of hardships and rise to the top.

While it's possible for Dreamers to fly completely under UNMRAS' radar, as Nellancholy explained, is because one way or the other the institute has learned of that Dreamer's existence and have enrolled that person within their ranks, forcefully or willingly. Basically, if you're a Dreamer and you've been found out, you are either part of UNMRAS or you're put on the hunting list.

For the sake of the narrative, characters are all part of UNMRAS, so a character's powers may be kept secret from other students, but no secret can be kept from the institute, as they have myriad of ways to know pretty much everything about their students.

Considering the main purpose of the academy is to fight monsters or to be put of use, your powers are not going to be kept a secret for long to your comrades, unless you stand around doing nothing, but I advise against that, because uncooperative behaviors lead to discipline measures.

Maybe one day I could make a RP about those who live beyond the government's reach, but that would better work as a free-form and open world RP.

Considering the tendencies I experienced on RPN, sandbox-ish RPs don't really work well so I would have to come up with a narrative for this.

The First Dreamers are all non-playable characters, because the idea is for you guys to play the new kids, experience a butt load of hardships and rise to the top.

While it's possible for Dreamers to fly completely under UNMRAS' radar, as Nellancholy explained, is because one way or the other the institute has learned of that Dreamer's existence and have enrolled that person within their ranks, forcefully or willingly. Basically, if you're a Dreamer and you've been found out, you are either part of UNMRAS or you're put on the hunting list.

For the sake of the narrative, characters are all part of UNMRAS, so a character's powers may be kept secret from other students, but no secret can be kept from the institute, as they have myriad of ways to know pretty much everything about their students.

Considering the main purpose of the academy is to fight monsters or to be put of use, your powers are not going to be kept a secret for long to your comrades, unless you stand around doing nothing, but I advise against that, because uncooperative behaviors lead to discipline measures.
Thanks for the info! So what I'm getting from this is that their abilities can be hidden up until the point where they were found out by UNMRAS and were forcefully transfered to their facilities? Is that correct or am I misinterpreting?

Thanks for the info! So what I'm getting from this is that their abilities can be hidden up until the point where they were found out by UNMRAS and were forcefully transfered to their facilities? Is that correct or am I misinterpreting?
Aye, that's correct. Not all Dreamers are immediately picked up by the government. Some are scared shitless and will never use their powers and try to hide their mark.

But with the paranoia about Dreamers, wearing anything on your hands makes you a big suspect.

Aye, that's correct. Not all Dreamers are immediately picked up by the government. Some are scared shitless and will never use their powers and try to hide their mark.

But with the paranoia about Dreamers, wearing anything on your hands makes you a big suspect.

Then it would okay for me to write that he managed to keep his powers relatively secret from the government until the present point of the story?

Hello!
Just want to say I’m going to hop in on this and that I’ll send you a message later Vox to discuss the character. (Pretty busy right now)

But with the paranoia about Dreamers, wearing anything on your hands makes you a big suspect
He has the ultimate alibi of being a mortician hehehe. . .
"Why do you wear gloves?"
"I'm a mortician."
"Oh."
"Do. . . you want me to take them off?"
"No! No? It's. . . Never mind. . . Stay still my beating heart. . ."

Also would it be ok for my ✨boy✨ to have met the Dream Eater or something when he was a child? Around 2005-4?

Oh my, how did I got not notified of these new posts...
He has the ultimate alibi of being a mortician hehehe. . .
"Why do you wear gloves?"
"I'm a mortician."
"Oh."
"Do. . . you want me to take them off?"
"No! No? It's. . . Never mind. . . Stay still my beating heart. . ."
I like to imagine the state of the world is such that wearing gloves outside workplace is a taboo 😄

Like if it ain't required, you don't wear anything. Or like, hand inspection before going stores and businesses.

Permanently active, I would say
GOod, looking forward to the CS ! Monstrous Dreamer ought to be a nice addition to the team.

Also would it be ok for my ✨boy✨ to have met the Dream Eater or something when he was a child? Around 2005-4?
It's quite possible he may have been lucky enough to be there and see the Dream Eater during one of his few public appearances. I can't really say "meet" because it simply appears and does nothing else than look around before vanishing, so there's no real interaction with anyone.

I'll try to get a CS up tommorow!
Looking forward to it !

My greatest battle will be finding a FC for my guy now

Ah the never-ending quest for a face, the never-ending battle that drags on until the end of time. Looking forward to your CS !

It's quite possible he may have been lucky enough to be there and see the Dream Eater during one of his few public appearances. I can't really say "meet" because it simply appears and does nothing else than look around before vanishing, so there's no real interaction with anyone
Noted, I'll edit accordingly and I will be using some creative interpretation which can be easily changeable if need be

you get it fr Bluffly Bluffly

I've had cases where I go with an FC im not even satisfied with and end up changing it at some point just cuz it's a nagging itch.

It's always great when you land that perfect fit tho

The opposite often happens to me, like I base my characters from a picture, but then it's finding a RP to make that character fit.

It's pretty hard to make a tribal elf with lycanthrophic powers fit in a modern/realistic setting 😭

The opposite often happens to me, like I base my characters from a picture, but then it's finding a RP to make that character fit.

It's pretty hard to make a tribal elf with lycanthrophic powers fit in a modern/realistic setting 😭
The tribal elf with lycanthropic powers is the fursona of the actual character

Users who are viewing this thread

Back