• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Deputies - OOC

Can someone remind me how to add hyperlinks to a thread you've already made? Like the links to other rp pages on the bottom. I'm on mobile. been on here since 2015 but still illiterate af

Do OC'S for the deputies need any must-have items on them like their own hat or smt?
If you wanna specifically mention something like that in your CS you can otherwise that sort of thing can be determined later on ic. But something like an old hat they've had for years or a watch or their pa's pistol or something that is a part of their character would be good to put into CS

All of the deputies will have a revolver by default and double-barrels, breech-loaders, and rifled muskets will be available to the deputies. Sheriff Cooley uses an 1851 Colt Navy and a Spencer repeater.

Hmm... I'm milling around some ideas. I'm thinking about an older gentleman, someone who is more of a 'fixture' to the town but refuses to retire or relinquish his responsibilities out of principle. Maybe his partner was killed a while back, and he carries on with his duties (now serving as a deputy under Sheriff Cooley) to honor his memory. He could even have a personal vendetta against the men who killed his partner; he wants to track them down and bring them to justice.

Hmm... I'm milling around some ideas. I'm thinking about an older gentleman, someone who is more of a 'fixture' to the town but refuses to retire or relinquish his responsibilities out of principle. Maybe his partner was killed a while back, and he carries on with his duties (now serving as a deputy under Sheriff Cooley) to honor his memory. He could even have a personal vendetta against the men who killed his partner; he wants to track them down and bring them to justice.
Sounds like a very cool premise. Could even have once been on the same level of authority as Cooley, both deputies or lawmen of some other ranking. Amberstone might've not had a position of sheriff back when your character and Cooley first started working together. Note that he is 39 and has been enforcing the law of Amberstone since he was 18. Hell, your character mightve once surpassed him in rank. Gives you more leeway to challenge him and command more influence

also sheriff is elected and the end of Cooley's term is coming up so one of you could become sheriff!!! but he and his supporters are pretty deeply entrenched. Big family, sheep ranchers.

There were a few Union Counties throughout the South though so if you choose that side we'll just have to set it in one of those. They're typically Appalachian though

His family served with the confederacy but he himself is ambiguous. Causes tensions with his family. Seeks neutrality in most cases. Won't tell you to arrest any blacks you see out at night but probably won't arrest someone for racism or racial violence that isn't grievous either. Not predictable whether he'd cooperate with feds if they came to town
There were a few Union Counties throughout the South though so if you choose that side we'll just have to set it in one of those. They're typically Appalachian though

Sounds like a very cool premise. Could even have once been on the same level of authority as Cooley, both deputies or lawmen of some other ranking. Amberstone might've not had a position of sheriff back when your character and Cooley first started working together. Note that he is 39 and has been enforcing the law of Amberstone since he was 18. Hell, your character mightve once surpassed him in rank. Gives you more leeway to challenge him and command more influence

Oooh... I like that a lot!

If they worked together for that long, they likely have a good kinship... but I can also see them having disagreements over other aspects of the job. That can create some nice tension. I'm going to go ahead and lean into that.

I think it'd be cool if old guy is a firm Union supporter and the Feds want him to run as Sheriff due to Cooley's blood relations.

People of Amberstone are majority 'confederacy', but not all of them are hardliners. Many see the war is lost and things are changing even if they're not neccesarily happy about it. Staunch abolitionists and unionists hold many positions of power and own much of the business and lands in and around town, allowing them to survive despite their minority

People of Amberstone are majority 'confederacy', but not all of them are hardliners. Many see the war is lost and things are changing even if they're not neccesarily happy about it. Staunch abolitionists and unionists hold many positions of power and own much of the business and lands in and around town, allowing them to survive despite their minority
Sounds like Tennessee is a good choice for State, but the problem is how Andrew Jackson speedruns their reconstruction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back