• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The City of the Supernatural (casual-detailed)

theas

mega nerd

the city of

B U R G E N S I E L L E

this was a previous role play I had done Jan. 2015 and I wanted to see if I could revive it here on RPN. The details are still in the works, but if anyone is interested in what we have so far, let me know!

• Overview

Founded in 1897 by a trio of travelers, Burgensielle was intended to house those with extraordinary abilities that would get one's self executed at the time. It was the first city in France to be strongly multi-racial, its founders being French, Dutch, and Spanish.

Because of its large population of superhumans, Burgensielle was built in seclusion and isolation--far from any nearby cities or large masses. Before reaching the city, one must pass through mountainous terrain, thick forests, and vast moors that extend for miles. The long journey was a small price to pay for safety.

Those without powers occasionally stumble upon Burgensielle, unaware of its supernatural inhabitants. The many who journey to Burgensielle sometimes never return back to their homes. Despite the many disappearances of townsfolk in the cities surround Burgensielle, the town itself is rarely suspected. And when it is, the residents manage to "take care of" the suspicious.

Although the little prosecution of normal humans from other cities, there are many conflicts and violence between the residents. The battle against good and evil holds strong between those with power, which causes divides within the city's population. There is the good, the bad, and the neutral. Those who categorize under 'bad' were mainly followers of Bram, the evil of the founding fathers. The good followed Miguel--the lawful, neutral, and chaotic good. The neutral were supporters of Gaston who never had an input in the trio and town's decisions unless he needed to save it from Bram's or Miguel's extremities. The regular humans who reside in Burgensielle rarely get involved in the affairs of the supernatural, and are classified as neutral residents.

Last edited by a moderator:
A young man in faded clothes walks along the train tracks that lead to the infamous city, he looks apon the glint of steel in the gravel and bends down to pick it up, a coin, he slides it into his pocket and continues down the tracks,

[QUOTE="Unlucky Alec]A young man in faded clothes walks along the train tracks that lead to the infamous city, he looks apon the glint of steel in the gravel and bends down to pick it up, a coin, he slides it into his pocket and continues down the tracks,

[/QUOTE]
just a heads up this is just the interest check thread..! the real thread is up, i'll add the link here later this morning

Ooh, please let this be a 1920s roleplay! That's one of my favorite historical periods. I'm definitely interested in this, if there's room for me.

Manaciel said:
Interesting! What time period will the role-play take place?
Tatterdemalion said:
Ooh, please let this be a 1920s roleplay! That's one of my favorite historical periods. I'm definitely interested in this, if there's room for me.
Unlucky Alec]Yeah! that would be great! count me in! [/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Penance]This one wishes to join o-o [/QUOTE] i was thinking of making it modern times because of continuity issues but i could reconsider if the majority would prefer it to be in the 20s! [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/35166-inheritance/ said:
@Inheritance[/URL] is also helping me with the plot so hey aragorn, let me know what you think.

i'm extremely busy this week so i'm not sure when i can get the thread up and ready, maybe during this weekend? would you guys still be interested by then?

Tatterdemalion said:
Roaring 20s? Nice man

thea cat]i was thinking of making it modern times because of continuity issues but i could reconsider if the majority would prefer it to be in the 20s! [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/35166-inheritance/ said:
@Inheritance[/URL] is also helping me with the plot so hey aragorn, let me know what you think.
i'm extremely busy this week so i'm not sure when i can get the thread up and ready, maybe during this weekend? would you guys still be interested by then?
Ask me any questions if you need em guys. I can answer them as well

thea cat]i was thinking of making it modern times because of continuity issues but i could reconsider if the majority would prefer it to be in the 20s! [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/35166-inheritance/ said:
Oh yeah sure! you can do more with modern times anyway, I'd still be interested

Also! take as much time as you need!

Modern times, 1920s—I'm fine with either, as long as the story still offers the same depth and richness.

Once again if y'all have questions you can ask me. We're both making this though she's the primary owner

Inheritance said:
Once again if y'all have questions you can ask me. We're both making this though she's the primary owner
Should we be arranging anything before we start the actual role play? Like characters and in depth settings and by the way thank you!

I'm interested. I also support the time period Bing in the '20s, because it would be unique and I want to be a gritty noir detective.

[QUOTE="Unlucky Alec]Should we be arranging anything before we start the actual role play? Like characters and in depth settings and by the way thank you!

[/QUOTE]
oh yeah! brainstorming for your character is a good idea. if you have any questions further questions let us know!

Sullivanity said:
I'm interested. I also support the time period Bing in the '20s, because it would be unique and I want to be a gritty noir detective.
oh, i think i've got an idea... maybe the roleplay will be set in modern times, but the city is still in the 20s. gives it even more magic

[QUOTE="thea cat]oh yeah! brainstorming for your character is a good idea. if you have any questions further questions let us know!
oh, i think i've got an idea... maybe the roleplay will be set in modern times, but the city is still in the 20s. gives it even more magic

[/QUOTE]
Maybe the place has a whole time-shifting thing like Narnia.

[QUOTE="thea cat]that is not a bad idea! adds to the science of their immortality

[/QUOTE]
Perhaps, within the city time flows not linearly and is effected by another aspect and there are events or devices that causes the city's state of time to change, as an example, one day it is how the city was when it was in the 20's then push a button and it shifts into how it was in the 40's, then in the 80's as so on, perhaps when it changes the city can partial be in one time period and the other half is in other

[QUOTE="Unlucky Alec]Perhaps, within the city time flows not linearly and is effected by another aspect and there are events or devices that causes the city's state of time to change, as an example, one day it is how the city was when it was in the 20's then push a button and it shifts into how it was in the 40's, then in the 80's as so on, perhaps when it changes the city can partial be in one time period and the other half is in other

[/QUOTE]
ooh that sounds interesting.. i'll think about it though, how it would incorporate into the plot so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back