• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The City of the Supernatural (casual-detailed)

[QUOTE="Unlucky Alec]Ill be someone with out, it'll be more interesting that way

[/QUOTE]
i was thinking that too..

oh by the way, if you want, you can have as many characters as you can handle

[QUOTE="thea cat]i see, alright. i think that sounds good.
okay, so idea. i say that the common magic users would use that system, while the trio, or now quartet with the chaotic guy, have more or stronger powers than those of the residents

[/QUOTE]
Sure. There will be ways to weaken them though.

I may be interested, it depends on what you decide to do with the magic and how restrictive/open it feels. The basic idea and setting seem good.

OverconfidentMagi said:
I may be interested, it depends on what you decide to do with the magic and how restrictive/open it feels. The basic idea and setting seem good.
What would you want

[QUOTE="Onyx Energy]No bad blood between us, only that which is provoked, or invoked by outside influence which would require a lot.

[/QUOTE]
....................big words..........

So why would someone in the city align with Bram if he's actively trying to destroy it? Wouldn't they still defend themselves and their home against his attack, which would be working against him? And aside from good, bad, and neutral, the big three don't seem very well, charactery. Why is Bram evil, why did he fight the other two, and why does he keep attacking the city? If Miguel's thing is being good and peace, why did he leave when Bram was still intent on attacking the city? It seems like Miguel would be more the apathetic neutral side than Gaston, who actually stayed around to keep the peace.

OverconfidentMagi said:
So why would someone in the city align with Bram if he's actively trying to destroy it? Wouldn't they still defend themselves and their home against his attack, which would be working against him? And aside from good, bad, and neutral, the big three don't seem very well, charactery. Why is Bram evil, why did he fight the other two, and why does he keep attacking the city? If Miguel's thing is being good and peace, why did he leave when Bram was still intent on attacking the city? It seems like Miguel would be more the apathetic neutral side than Gaston, who actually stayed around to keep the peace.
Good observation. I have a story. It's a question should you guys know it or should you figure it out? That would be the idea of 3 bios so you can choose what side you agree with

How are we able to decide which side we agree with when all we know about each founder is "Bram is bad, Miguel is good, Gaston is around"? At the very least knowing their basic ideologies, or why someone would care to follow any one of the three, would be useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
OverconfidentMagi said:
How are we able to decide which side we agree with when all we know about each found see is "Bram is bad, Miguel is good, Gaston is around"? At the very least knowing their basic ideologies, or why someone would care to follow any one of the three, would be useful.
Yes...that's why I give what happened with 3 stories of point of view

OverconfidentMagi said:
i at first intended that bram was already dead or far far away from the city and the curse is just there, and that everyone despite their alignment bands together to stand against the curse but it became more complex than intended

bram doesnt intend to be evil, he just does things people consider to be bad. he has no mal-intent, and is just being himself.

miguel left with the thought that bram was gone, and that going on the search would benefit the city but i understand and agree that could be interperted as apathetic.

i can elabaorate further later since i am, unfortunately, in class right now

[QUOTE="thea cat]i was thinking that too..
oh by the way, if you want, you can have as many characters as you can handle

[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="thea cat]i at first intended that bram was already dead or far far away from the city and the curse is just there, and that everyone despite their alignment bands together to stand against the curse but it became more complex than intended
bram doesnt intend to be evil, he just does things people consider to be bad. he has no mal-intent, and is just being himself.

miguel left with the thought that bram was gone, and that going on the search would benefit the city but i understand and agree that could be interperted as apathetic.

i can elabaorate further later since i am, unfortunately, in class right now

[/QUOTE]
Good luck in your class!

I would prefer for magic to operate sort of like superpowers, i.e. each created character gets a specific power or power set that they can use to whatever extent they can imagine. That way, the GMs can put the kibosh on any really imbalanced stuff beforehand but it still allows for a lot of creativity on the player's part without a bunch of mechanical rules (which I think impede the story).

Tatterdemalion said:
I would prefer for magic to operate sort of like superpowers, i.e. each created character gets a specific power or power set that they can use to whatever extent they can imagine. That way, the GMs can put the kibosh on any really imbalanced stuff beforehand but it still allows for a lot of creativity on the player's part without a bunch of mechanical rules (which I think impede the story).
Agreed. I mean your power will be set before we start

Tatterdemalion said:
that's what i was initially planning when i started, to just let the people choose and have it like a superpower kind of thing. i think we should sort this magic/powers ordeal before we get started

hey everyone, i'm not sure if this will be seen since i'm not tagging anyone but i just wanted to give a heads up that if we sort out any questions, concerns, and comments by this weekend, i'll have everything ready to go by sunday/monday maximum

Trickster314 said:
This seems really interesting, any chance I can join?
Of course. We're figuring shit out this weekend and we'll have character making

[QUOTE="Unlucky Alec]we should probably keep track on who's joining for sure

[/QUOTE]
No need when we announce character making to be ready then we accept who is in then I make a damn list

Users who are viewing this thread

Back