• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The City of the Supernatural (casual-detailed)

What if the city used to to have some contact with the outside, but then when the war with Bram happened they cut themselves off in order to prevent anything evil rampaging in the human world. The war occurred in the '20s, and since monsters age fairly slowly and magic takes care of most needs, culture and technology haven't really advanced ever since they cut themselves off.

Sullivanity said:
What if the city used to to have some contact with the outside, but then when the war with Bram happened they cut themselves off in order to prevent anything evil rampaging in the human world. The war occurred in the '20s, and since monsters age fairly slowly and magic takes care of most needs, culture and technology haven't really advanced ever since they cut themselves off.
Edit: Not monsters, sorry, superhumans. On that note, what exactly is magic like in this setting?

Sullivanity said:
Sullivanity said:
Edit: Not monsters, sorry, superhumans. On that note, what exactly is magic like in this setting?
for the contact with humans, it may be a little iffy bc the city was made for the intent of housing superhumans to protect them from prosecution and sometimes execution. but it could work--maybe we could make it so there was peace between humans and the city bc the humans know that they would never be able to fight against magic.

and i've considered for awhile, ever since i made this.. because i want to give people the opportunity to be more creative i think that any magic--anything you can think or imagine or know of--can fit into the setting.

[QUOTE="Unlucky Alec]Should we be arranging anything before we start the actual role play? Like characters and in depth settings and by the way thank you!

[/QUOTE]
Not yet, but we will before the actual adventure starts. What do you have in mind

[QUOTE="thea cat]for the contact with humans, it may be a little iffy bc the city was made for the intent of housing superhumans to protect them from prosecution and sometimes execution. but it could work--maybe we could make it so there was peace between humans and the city bc the humans know that they would never be able to fight against magic.
and i've considered for awhile, ever since i made this.. because i want to give people the opportunity to be more creative i think that any magic--anything you can think or imagine or know of--can fit into the setting.

[/QUOTE]
I don't want to deviate from you vision too much, so may i ask what type of nature is the magic / supernatural abilities within the residents of the city and the main characters? also, may i ask what sort of relations or type of characters would fit best?

@Inheritance[/URL] could also help with this, so pal if you got some ideas shoot!

for your characters, though, most of them would be residents, and some (if accepted) could partake in the council that overlooks the city. the main trio would be played by me and @Inheritance

residents could either posses powers or just be human
in the words of @Inheritance while discussing the limits of burgensielle's magic,

" 1-Scripted old school D&D magic, where you have spellbooks and spells, and can only cast a certain amount of spells per day ect

2-Having a class. Destruction, Conjuring, Illusion, ect. The more types you have the weaker you are in all of them, because it takes more time.

3- Element by the 10, Rock, Earth, Water, Ice, Fire, Lightning, Air, Storm, Light, Dark

4-Make up yar own shit"

i'm mostly for four, but that includes 1-3. the all of the above option

thea cat]in the words of [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/35166-inheritance/ said:
@Inheritance[/URL] while discussing the limits of burgensielle's magic,
" 1-Scripted old school D&D magic, where you have spellbooks and spells, and can only cast a certain amount of spells per day ect

2-Having a class. Destruction, Conjuring, Illusion, ect. The more types you have the weaker you are in all of them, because it takes more time.

3- Element by the 10, Rock, Earth, Water, Ice, Fire, Lightning, Air, Storm, Light, Dark

4-Make up yar own shit"

i'm mostly for four, but that includes 1-3. the all of the above option
Personally I think 2 is easier. I mean I want some rules on 4 if we do it, cause we can't have a bunch of clashing magic that don't work aiight?

Inheritance said:
Personally I think 2 is easier. I mean I want some rules on 4 if we do it, cause we can't have a bunch of clashing magic that don't work aiight?
true true

Guys I am going to post a biography for each of the 3 starters. You can either fill them and gain their power, or be neutral. We may make a 4th person. Maybe like an essence of Chaos.

Inheritance said:
Guys I am going to post a biography for each of the 3 starters. You can either fill them and gain their power, or be neutral. We may make a 4th person. Maybe like an essence of Chaos.
OMG OMG CAN I HAVE LIGHTNING POWERS!?!?!?!?!?

[QUOTE="Unlucky Alec]OMG OMG CAN I HAVE LIGHTNING POWERS!?!?!?!?!?

[/QUOTE]
Depends on what you guys vote on for the whole magic thing.

Inheritance said:
Depends on what you guys vote on for the whole magic thing.
choose any!!! for the sake of freedom and democracy in the (maybe not so) great country of america

may i propose an idea? for simplicity maybe the idea of magic is divided in how it in executed, like one is passive (like read minds or heal), another is utility (like teleporting or flying) and the last is active (shooting lasers out of your nose)

[QUOTE="Unlucky Alec]may i propose an idea? for simplicity maybe the idea of magic is divided in how it in executed, like one is passive (like read minds or heal), another is utility (like teleporting or flying) and the last is active (shooting lasers out of your nose)

[/QUOTE]
Like D&D? That's how it is executed when one selects spells. I mean there would have to be certain things...We could also do whoever you follow that's the power you get, but that impedes on freedom. I mean it should be pretty simple so we ain't like wonderin what powers are what

thea cat]that would makes things so much easier. [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/35166-inheritance/ said:
@Inheritance[/URL] what you think
Incorporate two. Because what's to stop me from making my destruction or attack an instant kill? I mean there should be times when it is fatal if you want. Why not use the 10 elements like your idea?

Inheritance said:
Incorporate two. Because what's to stop me from making my destruction or attack an instant kill? I mean there should be times when it is fatal if you want. Why not use the 10 elements like your idea?
alright yeah.. elements saunds good but i'm still a little iffy about all the magic. i wanted to make it really open bc it's sooo complex. i think i may leave this up to you

[QUOTE="thea cat]alright yeah.. elements saunds good but i'm still a little iffy about all the magic. i wanted to make it really open bc it's sooo complex. i think i may leave this up to you

[/QUOTE]
Look you chose an element, then do the passive active thing. So I chose fire, I have a fireshield, idk firebolt, and...charm fire idk

Inheritance said:
Look you chose an element, then do the passive active thing. So I chose fire, I have a fireshield, idk firebolt, and...charm fire idk
i see, alright. i think that sounds good.

okay, so idea. i say that the common magic users would use that system, while the trio, or now quartet with the chaotic guy, have more or stronger powers than those of the residents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back