The Aether Chronicles

I'm thinking cap and ball, they're early, the first jump from musket style muzzle loading guns

That is what I would expect too. With cartridges all of a sudden you have needleguns and breech loading cannon

Though, does this mean I can get a sharpe's rife, and have minie balls and rifled muzzleloading cannon?

Revolvers are revolutionary meaning muskets are still the highest rifle.

Not really, he is saying we're about 30 years pre-civil war,but with worse longarms

But why would a cap and ball revolver be rifled if the long arms are not rifled

Because this isn't the real world and it was just discovered therefore it hasn't really gotten that far yet.

A wizard did it.

Also because no one in here is a firearms expert and the exact details of the weaponry don't matter as this is not a particularly crunchy game.

Can I change my character to be a hobbyist gunsmith? All I'd do is work on a rifle a and have it accept percussion caps. Things would be in early development

EDIT: Or not, it's fine. Maybe this is just one of those stupid oversights an early-enlightenment society makes

Giyari, they existed in the middle of the seventeen hundreds. But my inner gun but is going crazy due to the inconsistent rifling

EDIT: revolving long arms suck. Tube mag things were around by air power, like I said though

Haha! My googling has told me that the biggest problem with revolving long guns was the users forward hand being sprayed with shards of hot metal and hot gas from the chamber as it spun out, doesn't sound awesome... ( -_- ;)

Also, it limited caliber size and was just less suited for long range engagements due to the gas loss. That got fixed eventually, but by then breech loaders came in with big caliber metal cartridges, and proved the concept 'strictly worse'

I'm also making an airship captain who will be roughly 40 yo, should anyone want to have something to do with him.

[QUOTE="Red Thunder]I'm also making an airship captain who will be roughly 40 yo, should anyone want to have something to do with him.

[/QUOTE]
I needed someone to play an older man early, but no one took up the offer

And now it's too late xD

Well I guess it doesn't have to be too late

But I killed him off in my CS

Roo said:
I needed someone to play an older man early, but no one took up the offer
And now it's too late xD
Lol. *shrug* Oh well. I was waiting to see if anyone would make a character that had an airship. But as I don't think they have, I'm making one instead.

Cool, cool

Seems reasonable

I just had a dude that made it to the Felten islands without dying (he'd be the first person to ever do that since the first colonization) and he ended up taking her back with him to the 'outside world' lol

No one took it up, so I just killed him in a random crash

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Red Thunder]Lol. *shrug* Oh well. I was waiting to see if anyone would make a character that had an airship. But as I don't think they have, I'm making one instead.

[/QUOTE]
I'm making an airship Cap! :D

She's also a fabulous pirate though

Giyari said:
I'm making an airship Cap! :D
She's also a fabulous pirate though
Neat! Well heck, if she has a boat, there's no need for me to make an additional character. I was just trying to get the group an airship somehow. Works for me! Second character = abandoned.

Hah, @Pentagon. I love how you've written Laurence. Awesome writing style, and awesome character.

Thanks a bunch! I like him, and am excited to see how the rest of the characters react to his particular brand of scheme.

On Gaia, the notifications are nonexistent! I love this site...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back