• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tales of the Rising Phoenix

Should I add another team?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• Yes, and make two of them.

• Total voters
Reinhardt said:
Other people from foreign lands are heading for this as well. Especially after the dreaded Mid-Sea War, any unconquered land is a target of many for settlement.
But we're playing as RiPh Guild members, so I'm not allowing any non-guild member character.
What if the character joins the guild later on? What if he's a reinforcement sent by the guild to bolster existing parties?

CallSign said:
@Duwang @ComradeSenpai
I'm fine going without a defender to start if the two of you are. We can always pick one up later when someone joins the game.
Yeah I'm fine with this. We can manage.

Dragongal said:
How is a character supposed to find you all once you're in the forests?
Presumably each party is being sent to explore a certain area. "There's a ruin here" or "This forest is supposed to have crystals for my research", etc. So you'd send them to go find the party in that area.

CallSign said:
Are you saying that ONLY the Rising Phoenix Guild is exploring these lands? That's a rather flat worldview, if you ask me.
As Reinhardt said. Also, it was insinuated n the overview that very few people dared to try anymore, besides this mission with the Guild.

Dragongal said:
Also, it was insinuated n the overview that very few people dared to try anymore, besides this mission with the Guild.
All the more reason for a person doing so willingly to be recruited into such a prestigious guild by its members.

CallSign said:
All the more reason for a person doing so willingly to be recruited into such a prestigious guild by its members.
Why would someone newly recruited be sent in without a team...?

Um. You're backwards. The person's already in the wilds. The team recruits them. Boom, done, happy days are here at last.

CallSign said:
Um. You're backwards. The person's already in the wilds. The team recruits them. Boom, done, happy days are here at last.
I myself don't see that working. How would a single person survive out there in what I presume to be a highly dangerous place, and how would they just become trusted enough to be recruited into the team like that...? :x

By the way, if I'm allowed create golems outta surrounding resources that are just to act as giant shields, I'd be willing play a defender. Probably a no though, which is why I said no to the whole defender thing originally. Dammit, I feel like this is going to become just like with the previous RP I joined, all the positions I'm aiming for taken from me until it's just that one I don't want, then I go ahead and put effort into making it just to get kicked out or something for a stupid reason like 'in too many RP's' >~>

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]I myself don't see that working. How would a single person survive out there in what I presume to be a highly dangerous place

[/QUOTE]
The same way anyone else does. Sure, they can't take on something as easily as a team could, but it's not impossible.

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]and how would they just become trusted enough to be recruited into the team like that...? :x

[/QUOTE]
"Hey man, you're pretty good to have survived this long. Wanna join our guild?"

ComradeSenpai said:
"Hey man, you're pretty good to have survived this long. Wanna join our guild?"
Soo... Not a single person gives two shits about whether or not they can trust another... *sigh* Learn to doubt before trust, people...

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]Soo... Not a single person gives two shits about whether or not they can trust another... *sigh* Learn to doubt before trust, people...

[/QUOTE]
Overly suspicious people like you are the ones I'm suspicious of, and it's my job to be suspicious of people.

CallSign said:
Overly suspicious people like you are the ones I'm suspicious of, and it's my job to be suspicious of people.
Nah, I'm just fed up with people right now so I don't know how to trust anybody. It's less suspicion and more just I'm not going to give trust until people earn it. Heck, my hatred of people's blown through the roof lately, me telling a friend they'd best be ready go to Hell and back just to regain my trust... Go ahead, be suspicious of me because I'm overly-suspicious :x

There's no reason to trust anyone without reason, but you can't let that affect your attitude. It's just not healthy, but as a rp character it sounds lovely

ComradeSenpai said:
What if the character joins the guild later on? What if he's a reinforcement sent by the guild to bolster existing parties?
That is a possibility, but most likely will not happen, since the guild have been sending out people in groups. There'd be no reason for them to send a single person to serve as a reinforcement.

That is, unless, that single person was once a part of a team sent out in the Undiscovered Lands, or an non-guild adventurer who's brave, yet stupid enough to risk his life in unknown territory. The chance of meeting with you guys will also be quite low, but is still possible.

ComradeSenpai said:
Presumably each party is being sent to explore a certain area. "There's a ruin here" or "This forest is supposed to have crystals for my research", etc. So you'd send them to go find the party in that area.
The guild, nor anyone else in Yislone has knowledge of whatever lies in the Undiscovered Lands. (With the exception of returned surviving adventurers in the past) Each team will be exploring whatever they can and recording info obtained in their travels. Whether teams will be returning or not will depend on the outcome of their actions in the Undiscovered Lands.

CallSign said:
That is, if the team can recruit them. Living in civilization and living in the wild produces two different outcomes, which usually don't go along so well.

Also, Team 1 (@Duwang @ComradeSenpai @CallSign), if by tomorrow morning there is still no applying defender, I'll be setting up your IC tab and you're good to go. But, if someone becomes your defender, luckily, your IC tab will be set up at a much earlier date.

Thanks, I mean when I am writing it, its running through my head as an unholy mix of Jeordie and Glaswegian with a smidge of cockney... not pretty..

Hahaha, but to be able to write it and have it run through your mind is pretty an impressive feat, though the combination may not be so great!

with the odd addition of irish in there... its really not how I planned it xD

Well I am just generally good with accents, I mean as long as I can actually practice the dialogue in a set accent then I can happily perform it without it skewing, however trying to do this it ends up a mix of about a thousands different dialects, all similar but different

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]with the odd addition of irish in there... its really not how I planned it xD

Well I am just generally good with accents, I mean as long as I can actually practice the dialogue in a set accent then I can happily perform it without it skewing, however trying to do this it ends up a mix of about a thousands different dialects, all similar but different

[/QUOTE]
I love accents and heading the many dialects of different countries and all. It's really amazing. I'm so not good with accents and it's cool you can do that'. , although it isn't, it's turning out well though!

Hey, @Xeyran and @theunderwolf, do you guys want to just head out or do you want to wait on a defender? It seems like we've got a surplus of mages but defenders are few and far between so I don't know how long it'll be before we end up with one on our team.

@Xeyran[/URL] and @theunderwolf, do you guys want to just head out or do you want to wait on a defender? It seems like we've got a surplus of mages but defenders are few and far between so I don't know how long it'll be before we end up with one on our team.
Same rule applies for you, like team 1. Or I can simply put a duplicate role to fill in for the lack of defender. (e.g. extra supporter)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back