• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tales of the Rising Phoenix

Should I add another team?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• Yes, and make two of them.

• Total voters
[QUOTE="Bacon is fluffy]TOMMOROW? TOMORROW?
Goddamnit tomorrow has two R's and not two M's. I've been spelling it wrong for years.

[/QUOTE]
Think about going 'to' the 'morrow'. Morrow is old english for something, maybe dawn.

"in the morrow, he will leave me, as other's have gone before"

[QUOTE="Bacon is fluffy]TOMMOROW? TOMORROW?
Goddamnit tomorrow has two R's and not two M's. I've been spelling it wrong for years.

[/QUOTE] I used to do that all the time

Rising_Phoenix.png

ALL HAIL THE PHOENIX!

@The Architect

<<I tagged all 'active' players, be it that their character is in the rp or not, since this is a OOC announcement, not an in-rp announcement.>>

Since I've got little to do, I'm gonna go launch "Topic of the Day" here in the OOC. Every day, I will be giving out topics that we can discuss, so chatting here would not be quite rare. Also, it would encourage those who have nothing to do (like me) to stop by here and give the OOC some good ol' activity (not that it is inactive, though). Topics would range from in-rp info, up to random IRL things such as why the hell is there no Coke Red, when there is Pepsi Blue, and other stuff that'd be fun to talk about. There'd be no in-rp rewards for participating, since I'm just experimentally doing this 'cuz I'm currently bored at the moment.

That being said, here the first and second Topic of the day:

In your opinion, what are the true intentions of the Rising Phoenix Guild in launching this expedition?

What do you think lies in the deeper parts of the Undiscovered Lands?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\^//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, a question that has been lingering in my thoughts for days. Should I post another recruitment thread, to increase the playerbase, or would our numbers suffice for now?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to wonder if they are trying to get all of the battle-hardened adventurers out of the city so that a takeover or coup would be simple. Or raising a demon or what-have-you.

I feel like what lies in the deeper part of the Undiscovered Lands are races and species that were forgotten, because the world changed and ancestors never recorded the forgotten ones lineage. Or something like that, the evil that spreads there can be due to the humanities sins or fears or so?

As for the Rising Pheonix's true intentions, maybe the head master of the Guild has a secret thag he doesn't want exposed

Dragongal said:
I have to wonder if they are trying to get all of the battle-hardened adventurers out of the city so that a takeover or coup would be simple. Or raising a demon or what-have-you.
The takeover/coup would be possible, especially since the guild has a large number of members. The demon summoning though, I'm not so sure about that.

crucialstar said:
I feel like what lies in the deeper part of the Undiscovered Lands are races and species that were forgotten, because the world changed and ancestors never recorded the forgotten ones lineage.
Was Rhassh's racial info used as a reference for this? (>>)

crucialstar said:
Or something like that, the evil that spreads there can be due to the humanities sins or fears or so?
Probably, 'cause all the mobs I've created so far tend to fall to the 'corrupted, evil side' trope.

crucialstar said:
As for the Rising Pheonix's true intentions, maybe the head master of the Guild has a secret thag he doesn't want exposed
Everyone has secrets, my friend. Some are just yet to be revealed.

As for recruiting more people, that depends on how far you actually think the direction of the story through. The reason we're floundering is because there wasn't anything to go off on. Out of respect for the initial narrative most of us were vague and only reacting to eachother because there wasn't nothing to go off of. As long as there's no direction, even the newbies will flounder just as much.

As for the forbidden lands, you set up a nice premise. The problem is you haven't fleshed out the political atmosphere or gave us clues as to why the forgotten lands are forgotten.

2 examples: political issues...

Issues regarding the rights of humans and non humans, wars, treaties, alliances, trade, racial issues and the type of government run here.

Are we in a feudal era? Do knights and guild warriors oppress the people, raping and pillaging who they want in peace? Forcing the clergy to make towns just for prostitution to appease the Knights?

Is this a totalitarian regime where the people returning or dying are mentally broken by the king sending them away in the guise of adventure?

Is this a direct democracy like in Greece? Where there were no protections against mob rule? A rule where I you bein someone on a charge for death, there were no protections except your ability to rhetorically defend yourself?

Are non humans considered equals or are they tolerated as a separate race of second class citizens whose only use is to serve as fodder for big construction projects and war?

If we're talking about world building and making sense of the plot, you have a million things to think about and develop mister gm. There's no reason to be bored unless you're not doing you're job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back