• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tales of the Rising Phoenix

Should I add another team?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• Yes, and make two of them.

• Total voters
I think book has an idea there.

But again I say that for the moment, our team can take the threat.

I have a post prepared to respond to Thraig, saved on a document but I cannot post it until I can get back to my laptop.

I really do think my role as a simple support is coming to an end with his last post. The very fact he now acknowledges Nia as anything but human is an indication of two different twists. One is he'll revile her as a soldier of the empire and automatically distrust her because of what's said in puggie's profile. Or he'll be the ever tolerant thraig will not incite prejudice on her as an outlier amongst the common man,meaning there's room to reveal mei's insidious plot to manipulate her.

Now her state of mind should be called into question,but it in no way qualifies her as a trustworthy member simply by her own loss of control knee deep in enemy territory. So how do you guys want me to play this out? Do you want me to run off as some sort of medium of the forest or have this moment where the switch is flipped and she loses her mind because of thraig's last statement.

It was always my intention of being a bad person in this rp,but things might go faster with this development. I'd like to know if you guys wanted my character to end now to prevent any further hang ups or if you wanted to me to orchestrate some sort of trap...like let's say severing a rope bridge or causing some sort of natural disaster in the forest like maybe an earthquake or something. Considering the implied volcanic nature of the environment, I'd be able to come up with some sort of post related to irritating the fault lines or something.

Just because Thraig knows, doesn't mean that Mei has lost all power. I mean, how would you imagine her responding? Also, it was the dragon, not Thraig, so I'm not sure if Thraig himself will even remember anything the dragon says/does. And I mean all of our characters (except Nia) lost control a bit. I don't think they'd hold it heavily against Mei.

This isn't a constant slow-down thing, I mean Mei will regain control soon enough, I assume, so it's not like it's going to happen EVERY TIME we face an adversary. She can play it off like it was one little slip.

Dragongal said:
Just because Thraig knows, doesn't mean that Mei has lost all power. I mean, how would you imagine her responding? Also, it was the dragon, not Thraig, so I'm not sure if Thraig himself will even remember anything the dragon says/does. And I mean all of our characters (except Nia) lost control a bit. I don't think they'd hold it heavily against Mei.
This isn't a constant slow-down thing, I mean Mei will regain control soon enough, I assume, so it's not like it's going to happen EVERY TIME we face an adversary. She can play it off like it was one little slip.
Ditto.

Dragongal is right. Just because the dragon knows about Nia doesn't exactly mean Thraig will. Thraig being unconscious, the dragon has full control of his body. And since they are still two separate entities sharing the same body they don't share the same memories.

BookWyrm said:
Yeah that could be bad. I think it would be fun to have the teams meet up at times, but split off again after whatever happened is over.
That sounds easier to do for me. All right, then. It is decided.

Teams will meet up every now and then. I'll be announcing here in the OOC when such a time would occur.

mister gm, when are you going to make the monster do something? I feel like too much time has passed for an impending doom to not come and at least try to slaughter us

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Bacon is fluffy]I really do think my role as a simple support is coming to an end with his last post. The very fact he now acknowledges Nia as anything but human is an indication of two different twists. One is he'll revile her as a soldier of the empire and automatically distrust her because of what's said in puggie's profile. Or he'll be the ever tolerant thraig will not incite prejudice on her as an outlier amongst the common man,meaning there's room to reveal mei's insidious plot to manipulate her.

[/QUOTE]
There is no such thing as a simple support. Nor a simple defender. Nor mage, nor fighter. Complications are what makes a character interesting and alive. Especially in your group, since all of you have secrets waiting to be revealed.

Also, as they said, Thraig and his dragon are two separate entities. The former twist would mostly probably be possible to push through.

[QUOTE="Bacon is fluffy]mister gm, when are you going to make the monster do something? I feel like too much time has passed for an impending doom to not come and at least try to slaughter us

[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, it's all ready there.

[QUOTE="Bacon is fluffy]What's already there? >.>

[/QUOTE]
The thing that will bring the team into a larger form of chaos, and bring up more questions on reality.

"And as it limped towards them, the lights began to fade, and so did the darkness. The environment was returning to normal, but Mei's projections to her allies prevailed. And strange enough, the creature approaching them emitted the same projections of Mei, though unlike theirs, it was organized. The orchestra of her voice turned to soft whispers, and the different shades of colors flowed around it like a spectrum. The ground beneath it changed every now and then, but it did not affect its walk.

As it came closer to them, Mei's thoughts became louder and louder, tormenting both their minds and ears. The colors that emerged from the ground were being slowly sucked into the creature's field."

So, does that mean it got better then worse because of the beast? So at this current point, it's bad again?

Dragongal said:
So, does that mean it got better then worse because of the beast? So at this current point, it's bad again?
No, and yes. The projections Mei did was affecting the environment around you as well. The situations of your characters worsened, since the voices are now louder than ever. The forest, however, is back to its normal state.

At the current point, only your characters, and the creature, are affected by Mei.

@The Architect your character seems good, the only thing that is currently hindering me from approving it is that all of the teams are all ready in the Undiscovered Lands, and I cannot allow you to venture in alone due to plot restrictions. I could have you join an all ready existing team, however, how to incorporate that in-rp is still being planned. So, do you have any suggestions on how your character could make his its entry?

@Reinhardt Pick a team without a defender, go some place cold or at least with significant natural ice, have some at-home mages use a spell that significantly extends the range of his natural ability to travel through ice and have the mage of that team act as a "beacon" - this would assume there was some type of communication and desire for a defender, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. It'd give my character an interesting introduction, make him seem more dependent on the Guild and you could turn it into an arc of some kind for his team and/or a lead-up to a task or arc that would require a Defender.

@Dragongal[/URL] and @LeviathanL on planning this event.

Another way would be that Thr'ygus and his team would have entered the Undiscovered Lands earlier than Teams 2 and 4. And as Thr'ygus and his team ventured in the lands, they face something which slaughters his team and leaves Thr'ygus exhausted/wounded. At a deeper part of the Undiscovered Lands, where Thr'ygus would be located, he and the two teams would meet.

Reinhardt said:
Another way would be that Thr'ygus and his team would have entered the Undiscovered Lands earlier than Teams 2 and 4. And as Thr'ygus and his team ventured in the lands, they face something which slaughters his team and leaves Thr'ygus exhausted/wounded.
An extension of this particular thought might be that another team is given notice of 'distress' from Thr'ygus former Team. Given the nature of Thr'ygus, it would make sense for him to be a lone survivor. This would also essentially remove the mage element, which would thus simplify the whole process. I really don't mind how he is introduced; it's pretty much your call on how he would best fit into the story.

[QUOTE="The Architect]I really don't mind how he is introduced; it's pretty much your call on how he would best fit into the story.

[/QUOTE]
Thr'ygus will be introduced later in the story, after the end of the first arc. Are you fine with this, seeing that you'll have to wait before you can post in the IC tabs? Or would you prefer a way wherein you'd be able to do it as soon as possible?

The Architect] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/9608-reinhardt/ said:
@Reinhardt[/URL] I'm a patient guy. Just PM me or link my name if anything comes up you feel I might be useful for. :D
I see. Then it's decided! Thr'ygus will be introduced after the first arc. I'll tag you when the awesome rock-ice man will be making his entry.

Also, to inform the others, Thr'ygus the glacial malphite ice-rock being will be encountered by BOTH TEAMS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back