Tales of Salisonia: Rise of the Dragons [Official OOC Thread]

paipai900 said:
Maybe I should make a heritage list of the gods later...or even just a list and description of them..?
Do you say this because I'm completely making a fool of myself right now trying to think of a link between nature and life? :3

No, you just reminded me to add something to my to do list when I get back from my "hiatus" of some sort. ^^

When one goes into the state of mind where they can see auras, they go into a trance-like state- They can't communicate while looking at them.

I'm not trying to argue with you by the way, so if I come off as being pushy I apologize.

Now that I think about it, how would knowing how much energy a living thing is using give a tremendous advantage? It's not like it shows their true potential or anything- if someone is sleeping their aura is dim. If they're making a gigantic magical fire cyclone, their aura would be very bright. Not too much extra information is given by knowing the energy usage of an individual.

May I have an explanation of what's happening currently? ^^ Although I may be a little inactive once in awhile, I can still answer questions. :3

In a way, I guess it could give off the power of somebody, but at the same time, if one is making a gigantic magical fire cyclone, they would already know that person is strong anyway and couldn't really give off any extra info to others.

paipai900 said:
May I have an explanation of what's happening currently? ^^ Although I may be a little inactive once in awhile, I can still answer questions. :3
O.K., I'm just going to you for a final answer, so you and Sebby can argue it over... Am I or am I not going to have to have my character in this Council of Elves?

[QUOTE="Wynn Kamui]When one goes into the state of mind where they can see auras, they go into a trance-like state- They can't communicate while looking at them.
I'm not trying to argue with you by the way, so if I come off as being pushy I apologize.

Now that I think about it, how would knowing how much energy a living thing is using give a tremendous advantage? It's not like it shows their true potential or anything- if someone is sleeping their aura is dim. If they're making a gigantic magical fire cyclone, their aura would be very bright. Not too much extra information is given by knowing the energy usage of an individual.

[/QUOTE]
Thu would be able to tell others how much energy a being has left. For example, if two people were fighting, a wind user could let them know how much their opponent had. This could make a big difference in any altercation.

But she said the aura is based on what the person is doing, not necessarily how much they have in general.

[QUOTE="Lucem Tenebris]Thu would be able to tell others how much energy a being has left. For example, if two people were fighting, a wind user could let them know how much their opponent had. This could make a big difference in any altercation.

[/QUOTE]
nonono, not how much energy they have, how much they're using. The only way a wind user could know how much energy they had left is if they drew energy from an external source.

MrLlama said:
But she said the aura is based on what the person is doing, not necessarily how much they have in general.
If they are fighting, it could gauge the power of a move and that information is vital for combat scenarios.

UnholyRedemption said:
^_^ Someone tell me what is going on...
Just a debate on Aura's being too OP, me trying to get a final answer on if my character has to be in the Council of the Elves, the usual.

MrLlama said:
Just a debate on Aura's being too OP, me trying to get a final answer on if my character has to be in the Council of the Elves, the usual.
I'm confused now as well, since you said that Pai said he would be in the council over the PM. My standing is based off of that.

[QUOTE="Lucem Tenebris]If they are fighting, it could gauge the power of a move and that information is vital for combat scenarios.

[/QUOTE]
Remember, though, it takes meditation to be able to even see their power usage clearly, thus it won't really help right away.

Okay, author's final decisions and answers:

Llama: The Council of Elves is a high order where they are practically at the same level as the queen, perhaps even higher due to their wisdom and age. These elves that make up the council TEND to be old but do not have to. They are a sort of advisor to the queen, so it is necessary that they stay in Ellegarde. Rarely do they ever leave, maybe for business and politics, but that's only for the important people. Just because you're an old elf does not mean you're part of the council.

Wynn: No aura seeing please. Author's decision.

Although nature and life are closely seen, they're rather different. Life is very general, the complete life of things. Reina has more power over Varia, like how Eona has more power over Taikog (HAIL TAIKOG). Nature is things like plants, the environment practically. Animals and such would fall under a different god. 

[QUOTE="Lucem Tenebris]I'm confused now as well, since you said that Pai said he would be in the council over the PM. My standing is based off of that.

[/QUOTE]
It's because he asked to be in the council, Sebastian.

[QUOTE="Lucem Tenebris]I'm confused now as well, since you said that Pai said he would be in the council over the PM. My standing is based off of that.

[/QUOTE]
NONONONONONO, that was if I had kept my character in Ellegarde, and she said it was rare for members to travel, so I was asking if he would of still been able to be in the council whilst traveling, or just that he didn't have to been in it at all.

MrLlama said:
Remember, though, it takes meditation to be able to even see their power usage clearly, thus it won't really help right away.
Repetition would also come into play there as well. It's like the attack system used in video games. There are heavy, medium, and light attacks that can be judged by the energy being put forth.

Because of the time it takes to get into a state where you can see auras, I don't think that information from them could be used effectively in combat scenarios. Getting to that state without serious mental harm takes time and focus- neither of which would be readily available in a combat situation.

MrLlama said:
NONONONONONO, that was if I had kept my character in Ellegarde, and she said it was rare for members to travel, so I was asking if he would of still been able to be in the council whilst traveling, or just that he didn't have to been in it at all.
Okay, that makes a lot more sense now. No, he doesn't have to be in he council. Roam free!

On top of the fact, magic would really be the main thing that would cause one to use a lot of 'energy' and thus it is more obvious if they are doing something just due to the fact that they would be casting it while there, or it would already be cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back