TA/ OOC

There're three main types of shields. First the Knight's shield that is depicted in many stories, games and shows. The heart shaped like shield that was used to defend from swing, slashs and bashes from swords and maces. Circular shields had more purpose in attacking, and some even had spikes placed on them for additional damage. These shields ade very little to defence, but could be very useful for creating opening in a 1v1 or 1v2 battle provided the user was skilled enough. Then there are kiteshields and tower shields. Used mostly to defend back rows against spears and arrow fire. Colors and symbols also played very important roles on shields, telling people about the wearer or the army

Steel scimitar, fire enchantment. Something simple to start

Yeah, I know; I play Mount and Blade, and there's dozens of kinds of shields, but would I really make anything other than a full-on steel tower shield for someone in full plate armor?

The scimitar sounds good, but it sounds better saved for yourself or sold.

Don't worry about the armor don't let that limit your imagination to the possibilities. 

There're three main types of shields. First the Knight's shield that is depicted in many stories, games and shows. The heart shaped like shield that was used to defend from swing, slashs and bashes from swords and maces. Circular shields had more purpose in attacking, and some even had spikes placed on them for additional damage. These shields ade very little to defence, but could be very useful for creating opening in a 1v1 or 1v2 battle provided the user was skilled enough. Then there are kiteshields and tower shields. Used mostly to defend back rows against spears and arrow fire. Colors and symbols also played very important roles on shields, telling people about the wearer or the army

Well excuuuuse me, history buff, I'm sorry I didn't read up on shields

So, that still leaves me with literally only one practical option, then; a knight shield.

Steel scimitar, fire enchantment. Something simple to start

Yeah, I know; I play Mount and Blade, and there's dozens of kinds of shields, but would I really make anything other than a full-on steel tower shield for someone in full plate armor?

Well yes, because even though they're in full plate armor, you also have to take into account the user's fighting style. For a paladin, a tower shield would just get in the way

The scimitar sounds good, but it sounds better saved for yourself or sold.

Don't worry about the armor don't let that limit your imagination to the possibilities. 

Okay, what do you want? Because I'm certainly not using the scimitar.

Well excuuuuse me, history buff, I'm sorry I didn't read up on shields

So, that still leaves me with literally only one practical option, then; a knight shield.

You could also make a circular shield for a more offensive user. I'm just saying there many be more options for shield making than you may think. No need to be annoyed. 

You could also make a circular shield for a more offensive user. I'm just saying there many be more options for shield making than you may think. No need to be annoyed. 

Well, even all three options and ways I could spin them don't compare to the thousands upon thousands of things I can do to make a sword or scythe more effective.

Hmmm..... a silver sword

Alright, I'll need you to be more specific; we can do shortswords, longswords, broadswords, greatswords, falchions, rapiers, scimitars, the ninety different types of blade in Japan, sabre, cutlass, etc.

Well, even all three options and ways I could spin them don't compare to the thousands upon thousands of things I can do to make a sword or scythe more effective.

Alright, I'll need you to be more specific; we can do shortswords, longswords, broadswords, greatswords, falchions, rapiers, scimitars, the ninety different types of blade in Japan, sabre, cutlass, etc.

A falchion, what else do you need to know/

I just realized I still haven't come up with the quest for the dark church yet @RaynaFon

Honestly, I thought you just needed to find the lost city in the Dark Forest. We could have it placed in an easy but hidden away place. Like have the entrance locked away behind a hidden door with in the cemetery inside the house of the dead or something

Honestly, I thought you just needed to find the lost city in the Dark Forest. We could have it placed in an easy but hidden away place. Like have the entrance locked away behind a hidden door with in the cemetery inside the house of the dead or something

Simple but effective. That should be good enough, we can save all the grand quest for later.

Alright. Just relaxing with a cup of tea, glad that it's a little warmer right now. How bout you? Unless you meant the sword, then oops XD

Alright. Just relaxing with a cup of tea, glad that it's a little warmer right now. How bout you? Unless you meant the sword, then oops XD

I'm just kicked back, running out of things to do, waiting for @Quinlan63 to respond. He probably shut down for the night, tho.

EDIT: I spoke too soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay

Can't wait to see what Mahan thinks of my absolutely insane sword

Tbh I 'm trying to just think about the stats to this masterpiece. It sounds pretty amazing that I don't want to undersell its quality but I don't want it to be to good or I'll become to OP for the time being. And then there is the effects from the enchantment and the bonus it gets for being made of silver, I can at least say you do some fine work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back