• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Super Smash Bros. (OOC)

Main
Here
Chsjfjdgd omg Tink’s so friggin adorable look at the boy!!! Something about the way you drew him reminds me of that one super cute toon link nendoroid I’ve seen online. and heck I’d be proud of how well Wario turned out too cus figuring out the proportions of Mario Characters can be surprisingly tricky! (Well at least for me rip 😅)
Ahhhhh thank you! I assume it looks like the nendo cuz no neck and I didn't fully enclose the eyes, maybe? Idk. And Wario was a bit of a challenge though I'm used to the Mario style since I used to draw it a lot when I was a bit younger, but his nose and face shape are super awkward for me since I have a tendency for more anime/cutesy styles

On the thought of art, I've decided I'm gonna combine Halloween with the RP turning 2 since they're really close. So I'll try to include a character from all active members for everyone

I only remembered cuz my dumbass thought it was the beginning of this month for some reason so it was already on the mind, though sadly I don't have the energy to do separate Halloween and anniversary stuff this year since I've kinda burnt myself out drawing a lot in my free time + gonna have less free time coming up. I will for sure have a combined piece at the least even if it ends up being smaller than my piece last year

Hey guys!
I'm just wondering how things are going with you all, because on my end things have slowed down and I'm waiting for posts. If any of you want to start something new, postpone a RP or continue with anything regarding Pauline or Roxanne, then please let me know!

Otherwise I can probably discuss throwing in a more significant character into the RP!

Hey guys!
I'm just wondering how things are going with you all, because on my end things have slowed down and I'm waiting for posts. If any of you want to start something new, postpone a RP or continue with anything regarding Pauline or Roxanne, then please let me know!

Otherwise I can probably discuss throwing in a more significant character into the RP!
Sorry about that. I've had a lot going on what with school and the recent hurricane, and waiting for the same person in most of my interactions. I am thinking about ways to skip that person and move the scenes along, and I have a few ideas, but it's getting them worked out. I can't have Lunaris just be like, "I can't find Cia. Oh well."

Maybe this isn't helpful/useful, but I figure I'd toss it out there since it could help with the whole Cia thing. It could be Lunaris can't find her and while he has to accept it, he sends someone, whether it be Shiri or someone else to search for her so he can move on. It's a simple solution, yet doesn't write off him just forgetting about her

So I debated on whether or not to show a lil preview for the Halloween art but I figured I would just for fun since I don't know when I'll have time to keep working on it, so it'll be a slow WIP but I figured giving a small glimpse for a couple characters would be nice so I offer this for now. I'll likely go back to do more detail later and fix stuff, this is just a moderately cleaned sketch
AxXmOu4.png

Appropriate for October.

1728834031354.png

This actually gives me an idea for a prompt: Of these two locations, Silent Hill and Raccoon City, which would give your PCs the most challenge?

Here's a brief description for those who are unfamiliar with the Resident Evil and Silent Hill games.

Raccoon City: Facing hordes of zombies and other monstrous bio-weapons. Water is contaminated and you will be infected if you ingest it.

Silent Hill: Psychological horror. Everyone's Silent Hill is different because its appearance depends on the individual, and it is based off their psychology. It tends to draw in broken people: murderers, abuse victims, those with severe mental illness. It forces people to face their own sins, guilt, regrets, and so on. Think of it as your PCs experiencing their own personal Hell. If you are a relatively normal, mentally healthy person with little "baggage," Silent Hill tends to come off as a creepy but harmless town.

Last edited:
Appropriate for October.

View attachment 1190899

This actually gives me an idea for a prompt: Of these two locations, Silent Hill and Raccoon City, which would give your PCs the most challenge?

Here's a brief description for those who are unfamiliar with the Resident Evil and Silent Hill games.

Raccoon City: Facing hordes of zombies and other monstrous bio-weapons. Water is contaminated and you will be infected if you ingest it.

Silent Hill: Psychological horror. Everyone's Silent Hill is different because its appearance depends on the individual, and it is based off their psychology. It tends to draw in broken people: murderers, abuse victims, those with severe mental illness. It forces people to face their own sins, guilt, regrets, and so on. Think of it as your PCs facing their own personal Hell. If you are a relatively normal, mentally healthy person, Silent Hill tends to come off as a creepy but harmless town.
Paula would find either Resident Evil or Silent Hill a challenge. She’s battled zombies, aliens, possessed humans, nothing like those from RES and SH. I highly doubt she’ll ever be the same once she escapes, if ever. Hello there therapy! (( I refuse to believe she doesn’t have trauma from getting kidnapped nearly being sacrificed and facing Giygas at least once the limiter is gone. The beginning of phase two of the final battle) I see the psychological aspect of SH reflecting the traumatic events of post EB (Carpainter/Pokey kidnapping her and facing the eldritch horror, Gigyas))

Cyan will similarly find the RES and SH challenging probably his toughest one yet. The psychological aspect reflects losing his wife and son to the poisoned water. (( seeing their spirits boarding the phantom train adds on to it)) I pulled him before the side quest of him moving on so.. he’ll be pretty messed up as well as handling the enemies of RES and SH. Yea, the zombie status effect can’t be compared to RES.

Seph, my man, Sephiroth. He’ll find the RES world an interesting challenge. Never mind the psychological side of SH. We know he’s messed up badly. I see Sephiroth enjoying fighting the bio weapons and hordes of zombies. It’s the thrill of finding someone or something that can provide him a fun challenge. The stronger they are, the better for the one winged angel. I see him liking the thrill of a kill, perhaps it’s the adrenaline rush he gets out of fighting an RES bio weapon.

Appropriate for October.

View attachment 1190899

Silent Hill: Psychological horror. Everyone's Silent Hill is different because its appearance depends on the individual, and it is based off their psychology. It tends to draw in broken people: murderers, abuse victims, those with severe mental illness. It forces people to face their own sins, guilt, regrets, and so on. Think of it as your PCs experiencing their own personal Hell. If you are a relatively normal, mentally healthy person with little "baggage," Silent Hill tends to come off as a creepy but harmless town.
Silent Hill. Shadow,Noctis and surprisingly Prompto will be affected by it.

Paula would find either Resident Evil or Silent Hill a challenge. She’s battled zombies, aliens, possessed humans, nothing like those from RES and SH. I highly doubt she’ll ever be the same once she escapes, if ever. Hello there therapy! (( I refuse to believe she doesn’t have trauma from getting kidnapped nearly being sacrificed and facing Giygas at least once the limiter is gone. The beginning of phase two of the final battle) I see the psychological aspect of SH reflecting the traumatic events of post EB (Carpainter/Pokey kidnapping her and facing the eldritch horror, Gigyas))

Cyan will similarly find the RES and SH challenging probably his toughest one yet. The psychological aspect reflects losing his wife and son to the poisoned water. (( seeing their spirits boarding the phantom train adds on to it)) I pulled him before the side quest of him moving on so.. he’ll be pretty messed up as well as handling the enemies of RES and SH. Yea, the zombie status effect can’t be compared to RES.

Seph, my man, Sephiroth. He’ll find the RES world an interesting challenge. Never mind the psychological side of SH. We know he’s messed up badly. I see Sephiroth enjoying fighting the bio weapons and hordes of zombies. It’s the thrill of finding someone or something that can provide him a fun challenge. The stronger they are, the better for the one winged angel. I see him liking the thrill of a kill, perhaps it’s the adrenaline rush he gets out of fighting an RES bio weapon.
Which of the two locations would be harder for your PCs to deal with though? That is the prompt.

For example, it's because Sephiroth is so messed up that Silent Hill may possibly be a much greater challenge for him to overcome than Raccoon City. He can hack away at zombies and BOWs, but Silent Hill will design itself based on his psychology, tailor-made just for him, and it will manifest his inner demons and force him to confront them. Sephiroth will be at war with his own psyche.

Which of the two locations would be harder for your PCs to deal with though? That is the prompt.

For example, it's because Sephiroth is so messed up that Silent Hill may possibly be a much greater challenge for him to overcome than Raccoon City. He can hack away at zombies and BOWs, but Silent Hill will design itself based on his psychology, tailor-made just for him, and it will manifest his inner demons and force him to confront them. Sephiroth will be at war with his own psyche.
Oh crap you’re right the SH world will be his greatest challenge yes sorry.

I’ll rewrite my original post sorry for misreading your prompt. The SH world is the greatest challenge for Sephiroth. Admittedly, I don’t know a whole lot of the Silent hill series. The psychology aspect of the games fits the horror themes of Sephiroth’s darker past. As SH designing itself around bringing out his inner demons forcing him to confront them is perfect. It’s an inner war between Sephiroth and his mental state. I can see it.,

Appropriate for October.

View attachment 1190899

Hoo boy this one will be a doozy for me since I'm not familiar with either, outside the RE1 stuff you streamed, but I think I can get a general idea for my kiddos

Joker: He's a weird one. I think both would offer equal challenge. He's used to seeing distorted/twisted horrors in ones hearts so psychological stuff likely would effect him to a lesser degree and given some of the demons in Persona, I don't think zombies or bio weapons are bugging him too much though then again if he's experiencing it just as his everyday self maybe not so much LOL

Yoshi: 100% would be challenged by Raccoon City way more given how happy and normal he is so the effects you listed for Silent Hill likely wouldn't do all too much to him, but facing zombies/bio weapons would be a pure shock to him then again there is this level in Yoshi's Crafted World. Of course nowhere on the level of RE games but hey maybe Yoshi is more used to creepy bs than we think. Also Yoshi now gets a gun to kill the zombies

Pyra/Mythra: Given Mythra would likely take one look at a zombie in RE and nuke the place without a second thought, Silent Hill would be more of a fit for her. Her trauma would probably result in a very horrible experience and would be a huge hurdle for her to overcome. I mean that is part of the plot of XC2 though not in the horror department LOL

Sora: Much like Yoshi, Sora is pretty normal (well maybe not normal since he carries others burdens) but I think he'd have a harder time with zombies and mutated people given how he is. Would he even be able to solve the puzzles??? He might turn into a Sora sandwich

Byleth: Silent Hill probably would be more of a challenge for him. He's got a lot of weird going on with him and there are ways that he could psychologically be toyed with. Facing stuff like that could force things out of him that he's not normally used to which would prove to be a challenge

Shulk: He deals with a lot of psychological stuff as is so experiencing Silent Hill would probably be more of a challenge in that regard. I mean XC1 revolves around his whole plot for revenge and having so much anger that I'm sure he'd have a lot of struggle overcoming it

Appropriate for October.

View attachment 1190899

Silent Hill for Captain Falcon for obvious reasons if his episode in the Swamp is anything to go by lol

Appropriate for October.

View attachment 1190899

Fhsjfhfhfj I’m also not super familiar with either besides the general concept but I’ll give it a go lol

Isabelle: You know normally I’d say that Isabelle would have a tougher time in Raccoon City due to her really not having anything notable that Silent Hill could use against her, but if I’m going by the rp/all the traumatizing stuff that happened in the military base then omg is she going to have a bad time 😱

Zelda: tbh I don’t think she’d do well in either scenario since, while Zelda would do fine when it comes to any puzzle solving, she is both really not equipped to deal with the large hordes of enemies you’d find in a zombie scenario and (at least the way I’ve rp’ed her) I think her tendency for self doubt/experiences getting kidnapped on Ganon has had a pretty strong emotional impact on her which would give Silent Hill a decent amount of fuel to work with lol. But if I had to pick one…idk Silent Hill I suppose?

Pichu: I think Pichu would have the toughest time in Raccoon City. Pichu’s too much of a simple lil guy to really be affected by whatever Silent Hill tries to throw at him. On the other hand, you know when you take a dog on a walk and you have to try to pull them away from drinking a gross puddle on the ground? That’s gonna be Pichu and bro ends up getting infected lmao

Inkling: Gah she’s also a hard one jhdvbjsdvb. Cus like theoretically I could say her time basically being a child solider/getting mind controlled might have had a strong enough emotional impact (especially by Splatoon 3) on her to make going through Silent Hill a tough time, but idk at least where she is currently I honestly wouldn’t say that she’s reached that point just quite yet so I think she’d probably(?) be fine? But also I feel like at least out of my characters she’d probably be the most equipped to deal the immediate threat of zombies considering her weapons. Tbh either way I think the thing that’d do her in would be any sort of puzzle solving lmao

I figured most folks in here are not too familiar with RE or SH, so I tried to keep the explanations simple. It's pretty much: would your PC do worse against zombies, monsters, and mutants; or demons created from their own psyche? Both RE and SH have puzzles in them, though most puzzles are using the right item in the right place, or pushing blocks on switches. Very simple puzzles; Legend of Zelda games have harder puzzles imo lol

I am amused at the idea of Sora and Yoshi being confused while everyone else is freaking out in Silent Hill! With Sora having the Keyblade, he'll be a Master of Unlocking, so he at least has that going for him in RE!

In regards to my own characters:

Toon Link would have a harder time in Raccoon City only because I doubt Silent Hill would do much to him. He's an innocent soul who doesn't seem to hold any baggage despite what he's been through between Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. I think Silent Hill would leave him alone.

Pit would definitely struggle more with Silent Hill than Raccoon City. Hordes of zombies and monsters would be nothing to him, and I doubt any BOW could do much to harm him. However, there have been implications in Uprising that Pit does have some issues that he represses: self-doubt, frustration in regards to his disability, the gods, and his duty to them; and (if Dark Pit is any indication) bloodlust. Even moreso in the Japanese version of Uprising. When I try to imagine what a room or place in Silent Hill might look like for Pit, I picture a burning room filled with hundreds of bird cages with no doors, each containing a dove that is being tortured and killed in a different way, over and over again. Yikes!

Similar to Toon Link, Dark Pit would be challenged more in Raccoon City because I do not believe Silent Hill would do much to him. Dark Pit IS the physical manifestation of Pit's darker instincts and repressed negativity. The monsters in Silent Hill are symbolic of the victim's psyche (ex. a person with a bug phobia may encounter insectoid monsters) and as Dark Pit is somewhat similar in that regard, I don't see how or why Silent Hill would bother with him. He also doesn't appear to have any burdens or sins he has to overcome or atone for. If anything, he'd just be part of Pit's Silent Hill.

Just like Toon Link and Dark Pit, Pikachu is likely to have nothing to fear from Silent Hill. She's an animal.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back