• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Shin Megami Tensei: Freedom OOC Thread

Characters
Here
Probably going to decide on my character idea and put my CS up after work tomorrow. I do welcome some input on which of my three character ideas I could go with.

Probably going to decide on my character idea and put my CS up after work tomorrow. I do welcome some input on which of my three character ideas I could go with.
Out of the three, im thinking the actress. Gotta have that one character that stands out from the others lol

Hey! Sorry, just saw this thread!

I'm currently thinking of a more Chaos leaning character, though as I said one also leaning towards Neutral.

My basic idea is that like...Chaos as we usually see it is essentially throwing away your humanity for power. My character, on the other hand, believes humanity should be truly free, from both the forces of Law AND Chaos.

Thinking that his partner might be Fenrir, to reflect his feelings of betrayal and imprisonment

Question actually! Are physical skills gonna be like most of the series, where it's all one gestalt, or is there also Gun skills? I've actually settled on Ulysses for my character's partner, and ranged physical attacks woups fit perfectly

I'm currently thinking of a more Chaos leaning character, though as I said one also leaning towards Neutral.

My basic idea is that like...Chaos as we usually see it is essentially throwing away your humanity for power. My character, on the other hand, believes humanity should be truly free, from both the forces of Law AND Chaos.

Thinking that his partner might be Fenrir, to reflect his feelings of betrayal and imprisonment
This is literally just Lucifer

Yeah but Lucifer is more "survival of the fittest." I'm thinking my character is more just concerned with humanity being free to follow whatever path it wants to, without the interference of outside forces.

So actually more in line with how Neutral is depicted the more I think about it...
No Lucifer is more I HATE THE SYSTEMS THAT RUN THE UNIVERSE BECAUSE THEY DENY TRUE FREEDOM OF CHOICE

Its why he killed YHVH and assumed the Empyrean then planned to have the Mandala system destroyed

SMT IV Lucifer is more survival of the fittest
Mainline Lucifer is more nuanced

Thank you for coming to my TED talk

No Lucifer is more I HATE THE SYSTEMS THAT RUN THE UNIVERSE BECAUSE THEY DENY TRUE FREEDOM OF CHOICE

Its why he killed YHVH and assumed the Empyrean then planned to have the Mandala system destroyed

SMT IV Lucifer is more survival of the fittest
Mainline Lucifer is more nuanced

Thank you for coming to my TED talk
You're good!

Yeah I think I've settled more on Neutral. My character believes firmly in humanity, despite its troubles, and that in the end, Chaos and Law are just outside invaders seeking to impose their philosophies on how humans should live. In the end, he believes humanity alone should decide it's own fate, for good and for bad. Very much taking inspiration from the True Neutral SMT V ending

You're good!

Yeah I think I've settled more on Neutral. My character believes firmly in humanity, despite its troubles, and that in the end, Chaos and Law are just outside invaders seeking to impose their philosophies on how humans should live. In the end, he believes humanity alone should decide it's own fate, for good and for bad. Very much taking inspiration from the True Neutral SMT V ending
Okay Shohei Yakumo

Question actually! Are physical skills gonna be like most of the series, where it's all one gestalt, or is there also Gun skills? I've actually settled on Ulysses for my character's partner, and ranged physical attacks woups fit perfectly

Huh, didn't think about that. Think gun skills are a-okay. Weird how SMT III and V straight up don't have them
As for your partner, Fenrir is a bit high level to start out with, but I love the idea of them being a late game addition

Also I am back! From work and a nap. I think tonight I'll put up a character sheet of my own for one of the NPCs as well as additional world building stuff. With minimal spoilers, just to give an idea of what's to come, one of the areas I plan to have you go to is an area called Cat Town. Which is simply a place full of the various cat myths and legends (Nekomata, Senri, Cat Sith, Ose, etc.)

One thing I am gonna plan out more is the idea of different endings or what to do in the event you go off the path I planned to take you.

Looks like it falls to me to get the ball rolling by putting up my CS first. And I have.

an_awassi an_awassi let me know if everything fits or if any changes are needed.
I have a major weakness for Tokusatsu references, so you're really playing to that!
Love the character sheet! Everything looks good to me!

On another note, I'm thinking of having the invites have the ability to take people somewhere, rather than the person physically going to that location
SInce this would allow people from around the world to appear together, rather than just one location. What do y'all think?

I have a major weakness for Tokusatsu references, so you're really playing to that!

On another note, I'm thinking of having the invites have the ability to take people somewhere, rather than the person physically going to that location
SInce this would allow people from around the world to appear together, rather than just one location. What do y'all think?
It makes more sense for the invitations to work like that with how everything seems to be structured.

I do have a question for the affinities since phys and gun are split are we considering all of the past affinities valid or just the latest game + Gun?

Yeah,it'd be interesting to see characters from all over the world considering how it's already established that the Sephirot is made up of different parts of the globe already.

They could be snatched up from different places by the letters and placed together by whoever it was that sent them

I think that would be more convenient, sure

It makes more sense for the invitations to work like that with how everything seems to be structured.

I do have a question for the affinities since phys and gun are split are we considering all of the past affinities valid or just the latest game + Gun?
I figured it'd be just the latest game plus gun. The only other elements that would be left out, as far as I know, would be Psi, Nuke, and Earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back