[Shifting Sands] Shifting Sands Discussion

Fantastic. So, you get 38 successes combined. Well done.

The young man gets [number of attackers X his DDV] for defense, giving him a total of 18. You hit him. He has a soak of 6L/6B apply that to you attacks INDIVIDUALLY and roll damage.

He also rolled 13 successes to hit one of you. Who would like to volunteer to take the hit?

Now, you guys get the most TOTAL successes. So, you choose what happens next:

• Another round of this style combat.
  • Opposed [stamina + Resistance] rolls to see who outlasts the other.
  • Opposed [(Strength or Dexterity) + Resistance] rolls to see who outlasts the other.
  • Opposed [Dexterity + Athletics] rolls to see if someone escapes.
  • Opposed [Essence] rolls to see who runs out of Essence first.

What is the threshold suxx to be added to the damage?

Also, we can't volunteer, you must choose.

Sorry! Against each attack, he's 9 DDV. So, Shing is the only one rolling damage.

You may volunteer, I'm telling you that you can. But I also have no problem just rolling randomly who takes it. For expedience sake, I'm rolling that now. 50% chance, Seilma is high, Shing is low. Rolling . . .

Selima is hit. What defense is she applying?

Shadow Over Water and 4 motes of Dodge II.

Are you actually telling me that we are not tracking motes?

Oh my.

Spending 1 mote on shadow over water and burning 10 on Dodge II, my Dodge DV is 16 against his attack.

Oh my oh my oh my.

I am SO going to abuse this.

Oh boy.

Okay, you dodge. So, we'll need Shing to roll his damage on the boy, but you guys will have to decide from that list what you'd like to choose.

If my calculation is correct, then it is

1. 38-18= threshold 20.

2. Hungry Tiger Technique. Success 40

3. Raw Damage= 40 + 7 (Diaklave) + 3(str) - 6(soak) = 44 dice!!!!

Ridiculous! Only 13L.

That 38 successes was the combined total from both of you. To roll damage, do so based on your individual rolls - 9 DDV. His soak is 6L/6B.

So scratch your roll above, Wuming.

It LOOKS like you rolled 13 successes on you attack, Wuming. So, that's what you would have rolled. For expedience sake, roll what you have up there.

Ah, yes. That's what confused me.

Okay, so, you guys win the combat because that nearly kills him. Well done. Adding the description in-game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back