[Shifting Sands] Shifting Sands Discussion

Too much of a holding pattern lately it seems. Count me as out though sadly given such a holding pattern. Thanks for giving me the chance to play in your game with all of you.

I also want to point out that you both know there is a network of tunnels in Gem's mountain-side where the Sunken Bazaar is held during the day. Most of the daily life is carried out inside these tunnels. Usually, people only go outside during the night.

Every hour of direct exposure is a Stamina + Resistance roll at standard difficulty with an external penalty equal to the number of hours total uninterrupted exposure.

What if I have suncream or -in Selima's case- a skin that can turn aside weapons? =D

Yes, that can help. :D

And oh shit, this is going to be awesome. So, what are you guys doing to have Shing pose as a god?

1. We speak with the priests/clerics whatever to understand the expectations of the people.

2. Then we heavily make up Shing.

3. Then Shing shows his powers, everyone will believe he's a god, therefore THE god.

4. The undead will believe that because they are madly searching for him, and they are not immune to wishful thinking.

All right, so heading to find religious leaders of Gem, then?

You can use the excuse of getting out of the Sun. :)

Well, if you want to make something interesting happen then, we can do.

Otherwise we can skip straight to where the Mountain God appears to the crowd...

Wu, are you in?

No, we're pretty much going to make macro moves on those points, but I still want you to roll something for each step to give a bit of randomness to the story. As a loose example, trying to convince the religious leaders to tell you about something they maybe don't believe in. If you convince them or not, the game will take a different turn.

With that said, it will generally be one roll and we'll let it ride. That is to say, roll your check once and we go with it.

It sounds fun for Shing. What have you got for Larceny? If you do not have high larceny, alternatively, we can also pretend to be the 'Enlightened' priests of the said God. This could draw the Abyssals or Even the God to us.

Like you said, we need to speak his followers to understand his habits, history, cult traditions. Then we can decide to spread blasphemy or glory. ; p Though I must say the Abyssals would have done the same like us during their search. So unless we have some high larceny, to fool them, if somehow they see through us and decided not to confront our trap, our efforts are wasted. So personally, I think the second option is stronger. They will lower their guards if they think they are dealing with lesser beings. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back