Shards of Immortality

Lochar said:
Is there any dice based backing on this, or will it be freeform with the abiltities we set up for ourselves?
As of yet there is no dice and most likely will not include it, the abilities are completely up to the player with approval by us as long as they use our skills system. This will be a fun game to relax from all the dice games we have been in lately.

I am interested, but I need to think of a good concept. I will let you know if one strikes me.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]As of yet there is no dice and most likely will not include it, the abilities are completely up to the player with approval by us as long as they use our skills system. This will be a fun game to relax from all the dice games we have been in lately.

[/QUOTE]
That's cool.

So, looking at the following skills. Let me know if these work?

Knifework: Both the ability to handle a blade in melee, and precision throwing of the same blades.

Five Finger discount: Not just a meer thief, [Name] has almost never been known to be caught stealing.

Illusions: Fae heritage has given [Name] the ability to bend reality, causing figments and illusions that decieve and distract. Weakened as he is from his resurrection, [Name] can no longer manipulate entire environments with his illusions, only a single man sized object at once.

General Skills:

Theft of Virtue: In matters of virtue, [Name] has none. And those who he chooses, have none either. Theft of Virtue manipulates one person's emotions with regards to the beliefs they hold. A man who has sworn a vow of celebecy now finds temptation too much to bear and will break his oath. It used to be, that Theft of Virtue could make a man forswear an oath in the most direct manner, regardless of other social customs. The same man that will break his oath of celebacy no longer feels the urge to do so with the first person of the correct sex, regardless of their compliance or the location.

Lochar said:
That's cool.
So, looking at the following skills. Let me know if these work?

Knifework: Both the ability to handle a blade in melee, and precision throwing of the same blades.

Five Finger discount: Not just a meer thief, [Name] has almost never been known to be caught stealing.

Illusions: Fae heritage has given [Name] the ability to bend reality, causing figments and illusions that decieve and distract. Weakened as he is from his resurrection, [Name] can no longer manipulate entire environments with his illusions, only a single man sized object at once.

General Skills:

Theft of Virtue: In matters of virtue, [Name] has none. And those who he chooses, have none either. Theft of Virtue manipulates one person's emotions with regards to the beliefs they hold. A man who has sworn a vow of celebecy now finds temptation too much to bear and will break his oath. It used to be, that Theft of Virtue could make a man forswear an oath in the most direct manner, regardless of other social customs. The same man that will break his oath of celebacy no longer feels the urge to do so with the first person of the correct sex, regardless of their compliance or the location.
The Illusions could be a little bit more weaker since it will be spam-able, a grand illusion would be a green and actually altering reality would be purple.

I can see the man sized illusion working if it can't make noise and maybe stationary after it's cast. (To move it would be an entirely new recast)

Theidea of distractions is lost if it requires multiple castings just to keep the illusion moving. It's not as spamable as you're thinking, as so long one illusion is up, I wouldn't be able to generate a second.

Another, later, general or ultimate skill might be a passive that improves the number or strength of the illusions skill to the point where illusions on a massive scale are possible.

Lochar said:
Theidea of distractions is lost if it requires multiple castings just to keep the illusion moving. It's not as spamable as you're thinking, as so long one illusion is up, I wouldn't be able to generate a second.
Another, later, general or ultimate skill might be a passive that improves the number or strength of the illusions skill to the point where illusions on a massive scale are possible.
Well I forgot that an illusion even though it's an orange spam, it is still active after casting and recasting it will reset the illusion(So while it can be cast an infinite amount of times, doing so will destroy the previous illusion). Okay it can move but it can't actually make noise, so if someone inspects closely they would not hear the footsteps.

In, in, in, so definitely in.

Character sheet to follow. Probably in this post.

Captain Hesperus

I would like to throw some skill ideas out as well, if possible.

Basic Skills

1. Wielding The Serrated Blade - Even though his main focus is his magic, Er'Akor is still a capable combatant. He specializes in chopping weapons that allow him to utilize his great strength and height to overpower his opponents with sweeping blows.
  2. Addressing The Spirits - Er'Akor could hardly use his powers if he could not speak with the spirits. He is able to converse with spirits in the world around him and ask them questions or make pacts. Er'Akor has no inherent power over these spirits, unless granted through a pact, so this merely grants him the ability to speak with them.
  3. Minor Pact of Thorns - The first pact Er'Akor ever made was with the spirit Riotous Growth, who represents the omnipresent plants of the world. Through this pact, Er'Akor may manipulate plants to minor effect, causing them to grow and move as he wills. For example, he may call upon a vine to strangle his foe or spread a spore of luminescent moss that grows to illuminate a darkened cavern.

General Skills

1. Major Pact of Thorns - Er'Akor's rapport with Riotous Growth remains strong, even after his millennium long 'death'. Er'Akor can gather his power to manipulate plant life to an even greater extent. For example, he may entangle several opponents through thickened wires of grass or have a tree's roots grow into the cracks of a stone wall, breaking it.

While thinking of a concept, I came up with a couple of questions.

Where it says that Humans tend toward Elemental Magics, does that mean the base four elements, Earth, Fire, Water, and Air or are non-standard elements also included, such as Wood or Life? Or does Wood tend to fall under the Nymph's Nature affinity and Life under Clerical? I am pretty sure a Basic Skills would only allow access to one type per skill, given the note of "Fireball" under the Basic Skills, so I don't think I have a question there.

For Disadvantages, do they repersent disadvantages that are applied to the skills you have or can they represent character flaws? For example, could I take a disadvantage of Trusting, but not have any diplomacy skills? Or just a general disadvantage of indecisive, meaning I wait for others to tell me what to do and virtually never make any decisions on my own (I need a battle plan before giving any orders, but I have no problem picking what I want to eat)?

For those of you writing your characters. Please do as Monsterous has done and explain your disadvantages and how do they disrupt your character.

I edited my character sheet, can anyone let me know if i did something wrong or something needs to be changed?

Well, there really is no particular age, you'll just need to distinguish yourself to the Overlord. He did take control of the Orc hordes after defeating their demon creator.

Captain Hesperus

Well, I meant that the Half-Orcs only started coming up when the Overlord domesticated the Orcs. I wanted my character to have been the Half-Orc that started their Shamanistic traditions, so that would necessitate him being one of the first.

Well, there's no real timeline in regard to when the Overlord took command of the Orcs and no knowing when the Orc-Human interbreeding took place. I think that's pretty much up to you to drop into your character's history and let Wiz or Miz errata you.

Captain Hesperus

Zerohunts said:
I edited my character sheet, can anyone let me know if i did something wrong or something needs to be changed?
Characters will be approved or rejected and more help will be provided once the actual forums are up.

Looks VERY promising, I hope you guys can wait a bit for me to digest the setting and rules to make a decent PC, 'cause I will throw something your way !

Incendius said:
Well, I meant that the Half-Orcs only started coming up when the Overlord domesticated the Orcs. I wanted my character to have been the Half-Orc that started their Shamanistic traditions, so that would necessitate him being one of the first.
This is possible, but you would have been serving under the Overlord for some time. You are probably Centuries old. However its meant to be rather vague in order to give you guys freedom to decide a lot of the Lore of the world for yourself.

Wow. This is actually really, really cool. Since I'm out of college for a while now I think I'll get started ruminating on a character - could go for a less dice-heavy game haha.

Definitely showing interest, might have a friend or two who're interested too; we'll see. Gotta ponder character concepts but I always have characters floating around in my head so it shouldn't be too difficult if I don't have to worry as much about stats.

Tabby said:
Wow. This is actually really, really cool. Since I'm out of college for a while now I think I'll get started ruminating on a character - could go for a less dice-heavy game haha.
Definitely showing interest, might have a friend or two who're interested too; we'll see. Gotta ponder character concepts but I always have characters floating around in my head so it shouldn't be too difficult if I don't have to worry as much about stats.
Welcome aboard, you can invite as many friends as you want :D !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back