Seeking Players for Chat-based game

Just to verify- you get the standard Dragon-Blooded CharGen. Whether you use the Realm or Lookshy version depends on whether you come from the late or early First Age, respectively. And you all get a blanket Inheritance of 3.

Updated the first post, tweaked things a little for the change.

This game now has an official title: "Autano's Reach". I should probably ask Flagg for a forum, soon, like the other gaming groups have.

I'm working, I'm working. I haven't yet read the White Treatise and, playing a sorcerer, I'm working throug that now. Then I can complete the switch to 2nd Ed. Which I really haven't started yet, but the spells are the big thing. So soon.......

I too am working on it.

I've been busy with Mocks recently, but they're outta the way now.

A 2nd Edition question.

The question relates to the Breeding background, and how it applies to us. It seems to me that our Breeding ratings would be somewhat high, since we're the first DBs, but I don't know how you're going to handle this, Jukashi. Is Breeding only applicable to human DBs and thus not appropriate to Half-Dragons? Does it apply to Half-Dragons normally, as per the book? Or do we get some sort of Breeding because of who we are?

It doesn't really matter to me either way, but there is some sense to our having some Breeding already. But that's up to you.

As always, thanks for your help and your patience.

I'm not in your game, the first DBs are supposed to be beyond Breeding 5...that's not supposed to be really something that showed up until they started breeding with mortals. For such a game it would be rather reasonable for all characters to eddectivelly have the Merit Legendary Breeding. Of course, that's my 2 cents, which isn't worth too much in someone else's game. ;)

No. I'm an idiot. Or at least have a bad memory. It's specifically stated in the rules of the Dragon-Born that they can't buy Breeding specifically because they already are at the top of the food chain. So to speak.

So Jukashi, please ignore my question. I am, as previously stated, an idiot.

Vanman said:
Okay, it's late in the day, I know, but yet another question. Are Path powers only purchaseable with bonus points or can we swap out beginning Charms with Path powers? I'm assuming bonus points so I'll go that route, but let me know if it's otherwise.
Jukashi said:
Bonus points.
In reading over the new 2nd Edition Dragon Born rules, it appears you now can switch out beginning Charms for Path powers. I just want to double check this before proceeding.

Ah, I did change that, didn't I? My bad. Swap to your heart's content. You can also swap for Terrestrial Circle spells as normal, if you like.

Getting Celestial MA Charms is a bit trickier... I'd let you swap out a normal Carm and then pay up the deficit in bonus points to get one. (So if you favoured the MA ability, you'd lose a normal Charm, pay 2 bonus points and get a Celestial MA Charm. If you didn't favour it, you'd pay 5).

No bad, really. I think we were still doing 1st Edition rules when I asked that question, so no worries. I just wanted to make sure, that's all.

And I'm not going the Martial Arts route, so I don't really need to worry about it. But I'm sure someone is.....

:-)

And I'm not going the Martial Arts route, so I don't really need to worry about it. But I'm sure someone is.....
/wave

Hello!

Now if only there was a style that used ENOURMOUS fighting chains.

Giant fighting chain, giant fighting chain... you going for an Abarai Renji sort of fighter?

*Sneaks In*

As I recall, he's going for a daiklaive that turns into a chain, right?

As in, a Chain Daiklaive, from Scroll of the Monk? :)

No, renji would be a giant lash or whip or something. That;s an option too but for now my Bleach inspiration is far more up to date

BEHOLD! (Anime spoilers up to 118)

vlcsnap-15115.png

That's more the look I was going for, but now I think I may reconsider.

Renji is cool.

Sorry.. that weapon looks retarded. I like that chain sword one, though. It's good inspiration for a chain daiklaive. Ebon Shadow, though, not so much an appropriate martial art for a Death-God I would have thought. Lemme see which other styles support chain weapons.. Oh! Dreaming Pearl! :)

Okay, are spells costed, XP wise, as charms for DBs? Because charms are more expensive but no mention is made for spells. I'm assuming they are, but, as always, better safe than sorry. So I'm checking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back