[Rushing Toward a New Age] Discarded Threads of Fate

Made some minor changes and additions to my concept post.

I'll work on a character sheet tomorrow, probably.

Background is in the works, need to make some changes to the character sheet after the excellency changes. Unfortunately I am falling asleep as I write this and need to go to bed as soon as I can lock up here. Looking like Friday is when all will be posted. I hope.

I've put custom charm I would like to get in the dropbox, in the homebrew folder. It is meant to allow a Solar to fight without killing her opponents. I would appreciate any feedback on it.

I like the idea. Maybe you should consider Crane style (Glories: Maidens) for the mechanics. A combat-specific charm also seems kind of misplaced in Integrity. Maybe base it off War instead, and let it have Mob-Dispersing Rebuke as a prereq.

I based it off Integrity because that is where a lot of the strange effects that reinforce a Solar's ideals are. There is some precedent; see the Stunt enhancing charms and the Abyssal overdrive line. It might not be a perfect fit but I think war is a worse fit; this isn't about beating ones opponents.

Edit: The Essence 4 upgrade is currently being revised, based on suggestions from the Exalted forums. I would appreciate any other thoughts about it.

Do you like the existing E4 upgrade? I am not sure what I could change it to if I don't eliminate it all together, but I'll work on that if you think it needs changing. If you do like it, I'll just go with that as the final version.

It's a little clonky, but it works ^_^ it really brings to mind the Mortal Kombat games where you can kick someone through a wall covered in spears and they get up and continue the fight on the other side.

My apologies, I'd forgotten my family planned to celebrate my birthday early since no one will be available on the day itself, so I will mostly AWOL today. I was meaning to finish awarding xp for backstories and such today, but that will be delayed. I did look at both Meliah's backstory (and side-story!) and Zinc's sheet, and they both look fine (I'll rebuild Zinc later to see if everything's mechanically in place, since I know Zinc's player is very out of practice with Exalted). I'll give more details when I get home ^_^ my family wants me to go celebrate not dying for another 365 or so days, so I'm out.

The correct spelling is Xinc with and 'X' and thank you, I actually should be short on the exp side of the builder but 0 dots for that build style. Have a wonderful birthday Gatherer

thank you all ^_^ and yeah, it's Xinc, I'll get it right eventually. I was scribbling something out so you guys would at least know WHY I was ignoring you for a day =P

Happy Birthday indeed! I salute your ability to not fall in front of a truck, and reward you with . . . a backstory to look over? Man, I am bad at this "gift" thing . . .

haha, it's as good as any. I'm still amazed at all the interest in this game, I wasn't expecting half this response, so it's a gift to me. Thank you.

got through another four character threads, awarding xp. Next time I get to it, I'll get the last two that are up and start working through the thread ^_^ also added a note about how much crazier it would be if I'd kept the system I'm borrowing for this bonus xp thing... should excite the powergamers just to imagine it :P

gatherer818 said:
got through another four character threads, awarding xp. Next time I get to it, I'll get the last two that are up and start working through the thread ^_^ also added a note about how much crazier it would be if I'd kept the system I'm borrowing for this bonus xp thing... should excite the powergamers just to imagine it :P
Lol, can you say twenty maxed out abilities, Willpower 10, all virtues at 5, Essence 5, as many specialties as necessary, and STILL have enough for another 20-30 charms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back