RpNation: The Convention

Ugh.

A sneeze threatened to escape the tall young man's body. He didn't like being sick. A scowl formed on his lightly tanned face as he reached into his front pocket and pulled out a Honey Lemon flavored cough drop. His eyes slowly closed and reopened as a zombie-like groan left his lips, which ended in a sigh. He knew he was running a fever, but had decided to attend the convention either way, actually wanting to do something instead of stay at home and scroll through Tumblr.

Mumbling and slipping the cough drop wrapper back into the front pocket of his black jeans, he looked around and furrowed his eyebrows, reading the nametags on the chests of other people. Glancing down at his own while reaching up to adjust his black rimmed glasses, he grimaced at his scratchy handwriting.

Darth Cinder.

His chest puffing out in slight pride at his not-so-original username, he looked back up and ran a hand through his short dark hair, his green eyes scanning the room once more. His usual scowl was replaced by a blank stare, his normally neat hair tousled. The back of his throat burned, though it was soothed a bit by the cooling effects of the cough drop. A buzz coming from his phone alerted him as he jolted and quickly pulled out the device from his back pocket, eyes flicking over the text he had recieved from his older brother. 'Emmie keeps asking for you. What should I say?"

He felt a pang in his chest at the mention of his little girl. He could imagine her pouting and asking, "Where's Natty?" With a frown tugging at the corners of his lips, he thought of the snow that encased the southern state of Florida, which confused him. He didn't know when he would be able to get home. Sniffing, he typed out a quick reply that saddened him before taking the steps forward to lean against the back wall of the room.

'Tell her that I don't know if I'll make it home in time for her birthday.'

With his non-interested looking face and simple gray t-shirt paired with black jeans, he doubted that anyone would want to approach him. No one liked a kill-joy. Sighing, he pulled out his phone and put in his earbuds to blast his music.

(I'll be posting sometime this week. Prepare to meet me and have your dreams come true. Nightmares are dreams too...)

[QUOTE="Lucem Tenebris](I'll be posting sometime this week. Prepare to meet me and have your dreams come true. Nightmares are dreams too...)

[/QUOTE]
(do you have a southern accent? Do you wear chaps? How many snakeskin boots do you own? How many hogs can you wrastle at once? Is your hat capable of containing ten gallons? These are the things that we all want to know.)

"Mhmm, me too," I slurred in a sleepy manner, no longer devoted to the conversation. My attention span had failed me again, and I had no idea what I was saying anymore.

What time was it? Around midday, maybe? My memory was a bit foggy, but I'd most likely dragged myself out of bed a few minutes before it was time to leave, shoveled some form of breakfast into my head, then washed my teeth and brushed my face.... ah, screw it, this stuff is complicated. But the point is, I probably wasn't fully awake yet, and frankly, I have the attention span of a goldfish.

My gaze wandered leisurely from face to face and an alien feeling came over me. I had known some of these people from role-play, or at least seen their names around, but I'd never actually known any of them. There was Cream Puff being all swag with his dubstep moves, and Kōri being a... well, a Crin, if that describes what happened just then.

"This place is big," I comment vaguely, tugging at the collar of my hoodie. "I mean, there's a lot of stuff and such..." I add, not contributing much to my description, gesturing helplessly with my useless arms. You're brilliant with this social stuff. Just wonderful, I congradulate myself, pulling off my hat to release my thick, wavy hair. Even though I had grown up in the south, I didn't mind the cold, and actually enjoyed it.

"I wonder if there's food here," I think aloud, always remembering my stomach. "Ohhh, cookies." Yep, classic me. You blink or turn your head for second, and I'm lost somewhere.

[QUOTE="Darth Cinder](I- I don't understand, Kaosophile... Was that meant to be sarcastic?)

[/QUOTE]
(he's from Austin Texas, I was making a joke... This is the joke...

This is your head)

TheKaosophile said:
(do you have a southern accent? Do you wear chaps? How many snakeskin boots do you own? How many hogs can you wrastle at once? Is your hat capable of containing ten gallons? These are the things that we all want to know.)
Kao, Kao... I think those thoughts have only ever crossed your mind.

[QUOTE="Darth Cinder](Ah, no. I meant before that.)

[/QUOTE]
(oh, the social thing? Yes, I'm the only person who interacted with someone else.)

(I do not have a southern accent, yet I am capable of doing one. I have never seen a pair of chaps being seriously worn by someone. I only wear jeans and shorts on rare occasions. I do not wear boots whatsoever and only wear sneakers/tennis shoes/trainers. I do not get new shoes until someone forces them on me. I have never seen a hog unless it is a at a location where people can normally view them. I have never seen someone wrestle a hog. The only hats I have ever worn have been solid colored caps. As a side note, I have never seen a cowboy and I doubt they even exist in my state, besides people who do it purely for show.)

Kasai said:
"Mhmm, me too," I slurred in a sleepy manner, no longer devoted to the conversation. My attention span had failed me again, and I had no idea what I was saying anymore.
What time was it? Around midday, maybe? My memory was a bit foggy, but I'd most likely dragged myself out of bed a few minutes before it was time to leave, shoveled some form of breakfast into my head, then washed my teeth and brushed my face.... ah, screw it, this stuff is complicated. But the point is, I probably wasn't fully awake yet, and frankly, I have the attention span of a goldfish.

My gaze wandered leisurely from face to face and an alien feeling came over me. I had known some of these people from role-play, or at least seen their names around, but I'd never actually known any of them. There was Cream Puff being all swag with his dubstep moves, and Kōri being a... well, a Crin, if that describes what happened just then.

"This place is big," I comment vaguely, tugging at the collar of my hoodie. "I mean, there's a lot of stuff and such..." I add, not contributing much to my description, gesturing helplessly with my useless arms. You're brilliant with this social stuff. Just wonderful, I congradulate myself, pulling off my hat to release my thick, wavy hair. Even though I had grown up in the south, I didn't mind the cold, and actually enjoyed it.

"I wonder if there's food here," I think aloud, always remembering my stomach. "Ohhh, cookies." Yep, classic me. You blink or turn your head for second, and I'm lost somewhere.
((I hate that nick name ;-; cream puff))

[QUOTE="Lucem Tenebris](I so not have a southern accent, yet I am capable of doing one. I have never seen a pair of chaps being seriously worn by someone. I only wear jeans and shorts on rare occasions. I do not wear boots whatsoever and only wear sneakers/tennis shoes/trainers. I do not get new shoes until someone forces them on me. I have never seen a hog unless it is a at a location where people can normally view them. I have never seen someone wrestle a hog. The only hats I have ever worn have been solid colored caps. As a side note, I have never seen a cowboy and I doubt they even exist in my state, besides people who do it purely for show.)

[/QUOTE]
(You take things too seriously. ._. ) 

Cressy said:
((I hate that nick name ;-; cream puff))
Deal with it, Cream Cheese.

(My legs are highly attractive. They are so appealing that I must keep them hidden from the public eye, lest they go berserk from their magnificent appearance. That and I just don't like shorts...) 

Kasai said:
(You take things too seriously. ._. ) 

Deal with it, Cream Cheese.
(I just thought I'd answer them as if they were legitimate questions, as I am very bored. You missed a few Kao, yet you listed a few of the major ones. I am impressed)

[QUOTE="Lucem Tenebris](My legs are highly attractive. They are so appealing that I must keep them hidden from the public eye, lest they go berserk from their magnificent appearance. That and I just don't like shorts...) 

(I just thought I'd answer them as if they were legitimate questions, as I am very bored. You missed a few Kao, yet you listed a few of the major ones. I am impressed)

[/QUOTE]
(oh if only I was on my laptop, I have the perfect .gif for that)

( Ugh. I feel so extremely boring and personality-less that I don't belong anywhere. Bleh. So tired... and boring... and bored... and... and.. hungry... and tired... -o- )

[ Oh God, so much OOC in the IC thread. o - o

I've always been one of those 'listen to some f-cking music and stay out of the way' people. I have no idea what to do - you guys all seem to know each other better than I know any of you. ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back