[Rise of the Empowered]Super Ultra Mega Mega OOC

I kinda want to see how a fight between the spoon and pipe manipulators would go down. Just for laughs.

On a side note, I think it would be hilariously ironic if my character was the spoon manipulator.

Spinoceratopsrex said:
I know how that feels, I actually called the power out as silly and now I secretly no longer secretly want it.
I want it O.o I want my character to be able to eat soup and pudding from across the room ;^)

So I have bad news for everyone unfortunately.

Two of the three STs have been permananned. CJ Mason and Atom.

As such the rp will not be starting for a little while. As I need new STs and have to talk plot and characters with them.

Sorry everyone.

Well, since those two got banned I guess...

jitsu-wa-watashi-wa-5291391.jpg

AllHailDago said:
So I have bad news for everyone unfortunately.
Two of the three STs have been permananned. CJ Mason and Atom.

As such the rp will not be starting for a little while. As I need new STs and have to talk plot and characters with them.

Sorry everyone.
I am still here and I will continue working with Dago as we try to get things moving in a positive direction again.

Not that I want to sass the creators here, this is their show, but I can't be the only player here who is nearing the frustration point of throwing in the towel. What kind of plotting is going on that it takes weeks? Are you writing a novel with spaces for people to insert their characters at designated times? Are we not in control of our characters to the point where you can plot arcs ahead because you already know what's going to happen? I mean even the power concealment thing, at first it was exciting but now it's 'meh'. We're roleplayers we are capable of plotting and writing reactions that are surprised about all of the sudden getting powers,we don't really need to be surprised ourselves. Because we're writers. It'd be much more useful for us to both be involved in plotting and plot amongst ourselves. IDK, maybe the GMs have their own way of doing things that none of us are aware of and all this plotting above our heads is for the best, but I highly doubt it. All I know is, I'm starting to get tired of scrounging for scraps and I'm not the only one. I'm just probably the only one who will say anything because all any of us want is to know our powers so we're all like, stickin it out.

[QUOTE="Which Doctor]Not that I want to sass the creators here, this is their show, but I can't be the only player here who is nearing the frustration point of throwing in the towel. What kind of plotting is going on that it takes weeks? Are you writing a novel with spaces for people to insert their characters at designated times? Are we not in control of our characters to the point where you can plot arcs ahead because you already know what's going to happen? I mean even the power concealment thing, at first it was exciting but now it's 'meh'. We're roleplayers we are capable of plotting and writing reactions that are surprised about all of the sudden getting powers,we don't really need to be surprised ourselves. Because we're writers. It'd be much more useful for us to both be involved in plotting and plot amongst ourselves. IDK, maybe the GMs have their own way of doing things that none of us are aware of and all this plotting above our heads is for the best, but I highly doubt it. All I know is, I'm starting to get tired of scrounging for scraps and I'm not the only one. I'm just probably the only one who will say anything because all any of us want is to know our powers so we're all like, stickin it out.

[/QUOTE]
Understand that we were ready to start, first of all. The plotting was done and ready to go.

Then we lost two people who were going to be controlling several different aspects of the plot and they never wrote them down anywhere that I am aware of. This means there are quite a few holes we have to fill now which requires more STs because while I can't speak for Dago, I know I have already taken on enough as far as this rp goes.

controlling several different aspects of the plot
I'm confused as to what you mean here, aren't roleplayers for that?

And if you need help writing event blurbs (??? not sure what needs writing) there are a lot of bored writers in this ooc that would love to help I'm sure.

[QUOTE="Which Doctor]I'm confused as to what you mean here, aren't roleplayers for that?
And if you need help writing event blurbs (??? not sure what needs writing) there are a lot of bored writers in this ooc that would love to help I'm sure.

[/QUOTE]
We as a moderator team have a few overarching villains and organizations that are Moderator controlled because there is an overarching plot. This will not be just players running amuck and if we don't have some sort of organization set in place, that is quickly what it will become. The overarching villains lost a lot of support when we lost some of the STs in charge of them.

DaughterofAthena said:
We as a moderator team have a few overarching villains and organizations that are Moderator controlled because there is an overarching plot. This will not be just players running amuck and if we don't have some sort of organization set in place, that is quickly what it will become. The overarching villains lost a lot of support when we lost some of the STs in charge of them.
So you don't trust the rpers to play villains or create conflict themselves?

I also recall offering to be an villain myself

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Which Doctor]So you don't trust the rpers to play villains or create conflict themselves?

[/QUOTE]
It isn't that we don't/aren't going to let players create villains or conflict themselves. It is that in an rp this big, we do need something that unifies everyone otherwise there is no reason for us all being in one giant rp together if there is nothing that connects everyone.

I can see that but if you guys would lets us plot we'd definitely be unified, do you see how quick we all jumped at making characters fit into groups in the announcement thread? We want to plot with each other and be connected and find ways to include one another.

[QUOTE="Which Doctor]I can see that but if you guys would lets us plot we'd definitely be unified, do you see how quick we all jumped at making characters fit into groups in the announcement thread? We want to plot with each other and be connected and find ways to include one another.

[/QUOTE]
I'd be down for some group plotting.

[QUOTE="Which Doctor]I can see that but if you guys would lets us plot we'd definitely be unified, do you see how quick we all jumped at making characters fit into groups in the announcement thread? We want to plot with each other and be connected and find ways to include one another.

[/QUOTE]
Making smaller groups is fine and all, but when I talk about us STs plotting, we are making plans to unify everyone under a SINGLE overarching plot.

[/QUOTE]
In addition to the previous reply I made, the whole reason why a GM offers to run an rp is because they have a plot in mind that they want to stick to to some degree. It is hard for us as STs to do that when we lose people who control crucial elements of the plot that we had in mind so now we have to fill in the gaps that were left behind.

DaughterofAthena said:
Making smaller groups is fine and all, but when I talk about us STs plotting, we are making plans to unify everyone under a SINGLE overarching plot.
Yes, I see that, however I was never referring to smaller groups, I'm talking about everyone. I still don't see how you STs trust the rpers so little with the plot that you think we'd ruin the whole thing and not stick to your vision if we had a hand in it/knew anything about it. I mean this ooc has been nothing but nonsense when usually an ooc is used for everyone to communicate rp related things, we're not five we can all fit under a single overarching plot without mods modding everything. Mods modding everything doesn't even sound appealing tbh :/ , those overarching villains could've been played by people to give them better fleshed out character and more attention. Those could've been roles you put out with stipulations easily. That's how it's usually done.

[QUOTE="Which Doctor]Yes, I see that, however I was never referring to smaller groups, I'm talking about everyone. I still don't see how you STs trust the rpers so little with the plot that you think we'd ruin the whole thing and not stick to your vision if we had a hand in it/knew anything about it. I mean this ooc has been nothing but nonsense when usually an ooc is used for everyone to communicate rp related things, we're not five we can all fit under a single overarching plot without mods modding everything. Mods modding everything doesn't even sound appealing tbh :/ , those overarching villains could've been played by people to give them better fleshed out character and more attention. Those could've been roles you put out with stipulations easily. That's how it's usually done.

[/QUOTE]
Actually, I have never run an rp where I have let players control main villains to be quite honest. I have never been involved in one either.

You seriously think we aren't fleshing out the villains?! My villains are more detailed than my pcs!!! I put a whole day into making 1 NPC!!!!! QUITE LITERALLY!! If you don't want to be moderated, then don't partake in the rp, or better yet, go make your own!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back